Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StainlessSteal

StainlessSteal Active Member

Very unfortunately, when the LE press conference said "human remains" were found that matched Gabby's description, to further deepen this sadness, her body was left at Grand Teton NP - where there are both black and grizzly/brown bears - at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME. Because right now, in autumn, is when bears do what is called "hyperphagia" where the bears become incredibly hungry and will eat massive amounts of food, even non-selectively eating carrion, in order to bulk up their fat as much as possible before they hibernate for the winter in their dens.

Just a really terrible tragedy, including the location and timing of where she was found. I doubt that LE will find BL alive.

2. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

Hey now... I know what you mean but those men likely have grieving families looking for them too...

3. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Rip in peace Gabby. It is truly a sad moment.

Most touching photo just posted by her dad, Joseph Petito.

Attached Files:

4. Saribella

Saribella Well-Known Member

I can't lie. I am pretty peeved about this result. I can't say much other than that.

La Louve, zelmajane, superbee and 7 others like this.
  5. Roberta and Christopher raised a monster. imo.

6. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I wonder how proud that officer with the beard whose radio was covering his name must feel now. He was on a mission to get her charged. His arrival on the scene threw that whole questioning by Officer Robbins off. Wish he never would have showed up.

7. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking for Gabby's family and friends. We knew this was the probable outcome, we prepared for this, but when we hear that it's all true, it's still so hard to swallow it all.

I reserved a tiny amount of headspace that it was possible she had an accident, fell, or something, and BL panicked and left because of what happened with LE on 8/12. Now that we see the area she was found, there is no doubt in my mind he killed her. He killed her and left her, and ran away like a baby. I hope LE finds him ALIVE and nails him.

#JusticeforGabby

8. JurassicParker

JurassicParker WS Newb

I stepped away from the computer for 30 minutes and come back to the news. I am sad. This whole thing has been horrible. We all knew the statistics but we held on to hope anyway. I wish it hadn't turn out like this. I just hope that now, Gabby gets the justice she deserves. Rest Easy Sweet Girl.

9. Gardenkeep

Gardenkeep Former Member

Tiff you managed this thread like a boss. I would not trade places with you for all the candy in the world! Thank you for staying on top of this frenzy, and keeping it all sorted for us.

TheRaven, La Louve, MerBeach and 45 others like this.
  10. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

The live update has concluded and we will share a recording soon. Our statement is attached & we have no additional comment at this time. #FBIDenver & our partners extend our condolences to Gabby's family. We thank the public for your generous support of this investigation.

E_rpKW2X0AAJkSl.jpg

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1439719396784623622

La Louve, MerBeach, superbee and 15 others like this.
  11. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If not for the vlogger’s video coming out I’m not sure she would have been found. It’s serendipitous that they caught just seconds of the van which gave LE a place to look.

La Louve, MerBeach, Seenit and 56 others like this.
  12. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Earlier today human remains were discovered consistent with Gabrielle Petito,” FBI spokesman Charles Jones said. “Full forensic identification has not been completed to confirm 100% that we found Gabby, but her family has been notified of this discovery.”

Jones said the cause of death was yet to be determined.

Shortly after the FBI update, Petito’s father tweeted an image of her with wings.
    FBI: Remains found in Wyoming fit the description of Gabby Petito

MerBeach, Seenit, superbee and 9 others like this.
  13. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Seenit, superbee, HayLouise and 11 others like this.
  14. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

Hey where did you see the tent?
    Agree this is all-around awful. I'm heartbroken.

15. helvetica

helvetica Well-Known Member

I feel sick.

One of the reasons this case resonated with me in the beginning is because they seemed like such a normal, authentic, happy young couple with troubles that could happen to anyone. I don't see a sociopath.

A good deal of what happened here (as far as we know with the details that ARE out) could happen to anyone. That awful day in Moab, anything.

Love your loved ones, and take care of yourself and those you love.

16. sandypaws

sandypaws Well-Known Member

Until they can determine the cause of death, nothing is certain. Unless LE has concrete evidence that they haven't released yet, we won't se BL charged with anything or even named as a suspect. Right now all we know is that there was a death, not that there was any crime.

17. finsfan

finsfan Active Member

I knew it was against the odds, but I'd hoped that they got into another argument and he took off with the van... Just like she said he'd threatened to do before.

18. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

"Rose Davis, 21, of Sarasota, described Laundrie as a controlling and manipulative boyfriend, in one incident stealing Petitio’s ID so she wouldn’t be able to go out to bars with her.

Petito had described the strange episodes to Davis, which at times forced Petito to sleep at her house.

“He’s got these jealousy issues and he struggles from what Gabby called these “episodes,” where he would hear things and hear voices and wouldn’t sleep,” she told the outlet."

The friend also reported that Gabby's boyfriend would set up hammocks for Gabby and her girlfriend at the beach but then would not sit with them. Weird.

Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal

19. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

I can even fantom what has transpired, even though i knew it was a probility. Fly high dear Gabby, may you rest in forever peace, as for Brian, if your not dead already, i hope you are found soon and made to pay to the fullest extent!!!

20. alibrarian

alibrarian Well-Known Member

You don't have to know someone personally to have them touch your life in a way that makes you invested. You don't have to be a parent of a 22 yo woman (as I am) to have followed - but the body cam footage, her face, and her body language makes you just want to wrap her in a blanket of safety and take her home. Rest in peace dear girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.