Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
About how far is this in miles...do you know?
This is where the van was seen on the side of the road and where they found the body

WkJWQVs.jpg

Did she say "body parts"? I was wondering if they would find her in tact with all that wilderness out there and it'

In my head I hear the one officer tell the other it's his call and he's leaving. I can't imagine how heavy that choice will lie on his heart forever. moo

I agree and imagine after this some states will make an arrest mandatory. I'm sure all of those cops that came in contact with them that day wished they'd pushed harder. In the end there's only one person to blame right now and he's no where to be found.

NOOOO so sad to see this news :(

SBM
sorry, I definitely missed something. can you explain how/where she was discovered? TIA :)
I'm not OP but I'm guessing they mean that since she wasn't in a situation where she might have, for example, fallen accidentally (such as below a cliff), it pretty much rules out an accident. Likewise if the body had been buried it rules out an accident that BL might have claimed to be unaware of. MOO

On the timeline on first page it says it says
"Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

That was Tuesday,same day parents said BL went missing.I'm guessing that vehicle that left took BL to his getaway spot.

I believe the Bethunes came upon the van and BL right near the time he had buried her (perhaps at dawn) or was about to bury her at nightfall. Very amazing that they came down that road and filmed the van -only 1000 feet from where she was found. One of the positive aspects of social media and the good it can do. They were the key to finding her and bringing some peace to her family and friends.
I'm sorry- she was buried 1000 feet away from the van? link please!

Everyone needs to watch all the chopper/aerial footage to get up to speed. The ones showing the body site, the unfurling of the tent etc.

It's clear in that footage that there is a gravel road nearby. The area covered by the tent has debris/grass/dirt. Her body is not exposed. So she is partially or fully buried (most likely).

It's pretty clear that she did not fall from a great height, hit her head while crossing a stream or succumb to the elements. This is in an area where there are other campers nearby.

There is concealment. Which indicates consciousness of guilt.

Even the murders of the two poor Moab woman, they were left out completely exposed, half naked in the river. I really don't think the two cases are connected at all now.

IMO Brian did it, Brian is guilty or at least responsible for Gabby's untimely death. JMO.

It's devastating. Sadly I was expecting they would find her that way. There would be no other explanation for his vile behaviour after the fact. If he had an innocent explanation his parents would have called her parents, to say she had a new boyfriend and ran off. Or whatever his explanation was.
But he didn't have one which its why he hid out and ghosted everyone. At first I thought he had gone into the park and killed himself. But I think he is too much of a selfish coward to even pull that off. I think his family found a way to sneak him off somewhere --- he is hiding on a boat or in an abandoned cabin somewhere, imo.

Gentle hugs to all. I hate that Gabby is gone. However I’m glad she was recovered quickly.
Really thinking of her and her loved ones this evening. She seems like she had such a twinkle in her eye and a zest for life. xo

So BL comes home alone on 1st Sept.. parents must have asked why are you back and where is Gabby? He must have been acting strangely? surely? What story did he tell to stop them having any contact with Gabby's parents? If the truth (whatever happened) is there a charge for this? witholding, enabling etc? All I can think is they knew from the first day and that is why he had a lawyer
Well someone funded both of his trips back to FL

I believe the Bethunes came upon the van and BL right near the time he had buried her (perhaps at dawn) or was about to bury her at nightfall. Very amazing that they came down that road and filmed the van -only 1000 feet from where she was found. One of the positive aspects of social media and the good it can do. They were the key to finding her and bringing some peace to her family and friends.
I keep seeing this about being buried but no source. Do you mind posting one? I also may have missed it in all the excitement here, in which case I apologize. TIA

To the Bethune family…you won’t see this, I imagine, but what I see on the news is that your vlog with a snippet of the van helped to locate her body.

On your vlog you also explained that you lost your son in a car accident on the way to Disney, and that you had a Pay it Forward type of <modsnip> named for your son Ethan.

I am going to donate to that right now. I bless you, parents who lost a 7-year old, for noticing you had the van on your vlog and immediately contacting the FBI. Whatever peace may come to Gabby’s family, you played a large part. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members