Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear my fellow posters who want BL found alive so he can give answers to GP’s family. IMO based on his and his family’s behavior so far, I don’t have faith that he would ever tell the truth.
I do trust that the medical examiner will find the COD and be able to tell us some of the story. The “why,” which we are desperate to know, Brian may never tell even if he’s found alive. JMO

Say what you will about social media, it helped find her when they did. It also played a huge part in the lives of the people involved. So many topics touched including DV and LE response. This case will be studied for a long time to come.

It's the outcome I think we were all expecting, as well as the one we were all dreading. Poor sweet girl, you had just begun your life and you were filled with so much love and joy to share with the world. I understand why the FBI agent was fighting tears. So am I. My heart breaks for her family, they will be in my prayers for a long time.

Brian Laundrie is a murderous coward.

My heart is so sad. Thank you to all who are bringing this sweet girl home to her momma, daddy, and all other family and friends. I pray that BL is alive and well — not only to pay the consequences of his actions but to hopefully answer the many questions her family must have.

59a04525-8749-4156-a91e-0e929592c3ee-large16x9_Gabby1-4.jpeg

Gabby Petito was reported missing on Sept. 11. (Source: Suffolk County Police Department)
FBI Denver confirmed Sunday that remains found in Wyoming fit the description of missing YouTuber Gabby Petito. The body was found in Teton Park.
FBI: Remains found in Wyoming fit the description of Gabby Petito | KRON4

Question for mods: Since Gabby has been found, but Brian is still missing, will this thread stay in the Missing Persons Discussion until he is found? It's an unusual circumstance (and I know there were previous comments about making a separate thread for him which was ultimately discarded).

For what it's worth, she probably made the most famous vanlife story ever. I truly hope that the vanlife community will memorialize her forever. Obviously you don't want to see it turn out this way, but it did and the reason it did was because she chased her dream and followed her passion. That needs to be lifted up and highlighted IMO. In a day an age where young people are often shot down and put down for being lazy, unmotivated, emotional, etc... this person chased her dream. She did her own thing and at the end of the day, she actually did give her life to achieve her greatest goal and vision. That is something.

I gotta go..

I am in no way placing blame on them, but she was clearly distressed in that video. Not mentally unstable, but distressed. It felt to me like a boys club when they were talking to BL and felt like they weren't giving her enough attention or credit. At the very least, they could have followed her to her destination, knowing that not only did she never drive the van but was uncomfortable doing so. In her state, it seemed that to be the least they could do. Again, this is my opinion, but I believe some things were mishandled at that stop.
Going back to the stop in Moab, you have to wonder how those Rangers are feeling. Ofcourse they couldn't know, couldn't predict....

This is devastating....heartrending.
My heart goes out to her parents, step parents, her siblings, her bff Rose.

I stepped away from the computer for 30 minutes and come back to the news. I am sad. This whole thing has been horrible. We all knew the statistics but we held on to hope anyway. I wish it hadn't turn out like this. I just hope that now, Gabby gets the justice she deserves. Rest Easy Sweet Girl.

yes...the rangers. judgement call but they did spent a lot of time on him as the victim . . as he deflected them by talking about her anxiety. i said it early on she was in crisis and should have been offered shelter.

Going back to the stop in Moab, you have to wonder how those Rangers are feeling. Ofcourse they couldn't know, couldn't predict....

My heart goes out to her parents, step parents, her siblings, her bff Rose.
continued to speak about her anxiety.

Not happy about any of this.
I hope they bring in the parents to the police station. They, in the least, appear to be culpable in conspiracy to cover up or aid and abet his avoidance to answer questions. (I know that is not legal jargon, but still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong