Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get so involved with these cases and every time one ends like this, my heart breaks and I can't help but feel the overwhelming sadness that the family must feel. I had a very close family friend who was murdered a few years ago. I never realized until then how important it is to "have them home". There is peace in having their body and a place to go and mourn. They will have their daughter, sister, granddaughter and friend home. Very soon. This gives me great peace and comfort for them.

He was there several nights, IMO. He could have moved the van. But Gabby was no longer there to take the reins of civility and love.

Yes, he stayed there so he could work on ditching her. What a P O S. May he...... Oh never mind, not worth it. How do these families raise the BLs and the CWs. What goes so horribly wrong with those families.

SHAME

Raised to think of themselves first and foremost.
CW's parents were a piece of work, from what I recall.

Agreed. I don't think it's coincidence that killers often come form families who cover up and excuse the evil deeds of their relation. \

Oh he was a suspect long before today. IMO. They just wouldn't say it.

Let's not forget that Gabby's mom was frantically trying to get in touch with Gabby, Brian and his family to see if something had happened to both of them, not just Gabby.
Let's also not forget that no one from Brian's family has had the courtesy of responding to the Petito family about anything that they may or may not know.
Let's not forget the first response to LE knocking on their door was passing their attorney's contact information on and shutting the door.
Let's also not forget that the Laundrie's have Gabby's personal things and they haven't even offered them to the family.
Let's also not forget that Brian left last Tuesday, they didn't report him missing until Friday and even then did not tell LE about picking their car up from the Preserve on Tuesday night - less than forthcoming.

I am waiting a search warrant and them to be ushered in for questioning. To any attorney's on site what are they facing?

Perhaps, and I'm, not always right. Really, I'm not. But, she had shown to be a bit over the top that LE was involved twice. She was definitely stressed about the vanlife thing. They had just released the video. The were fighting. Any doubt that she was unhappy? I'm not the worlds best judge in people and I only see them on the other side of an internet feed but what I see, that guy was never going to kill her. That guy, with all his flaws, was all hers. Maybe you see something different. And that's ok. But not me, not yet. I don't see him as the kind of guy that can kill a snake let alone his fiance.

I’m sorry, as much as I appreciate the diversity of viewpoints on this case and understand giving Brian the benefit of the doubt, I’m going to be completely frank—her body was found less than 1000ft from where the van was parked. It appeared (although it’s unconfirmed) that she was buried. Her fiancé, the last person to see her alive, took off in her car and did absolutely nothing to help find her or even indicate he cared about the fact she was missing. Then, after GPs family reports her missing and LE comes knocking on his door, he runs away.

Gabby is the one whose body was found in the wilderness. The one whose family spent weeks in a traumatic limbo as the one person who could provide answers about their daughters whereabouts hid under his parents’ wings. Brian is not the victim, Gabby is.

What we saw in the body cam footage was a moment of crisis for both of them. We don’t see what went on when cameras weren’t rolling, which, I suspect, was the driving factor in whatever transpired. Up until her body was discovered, I could understand the suicide or accident theory to explain away BL’s guilty-looking behavior, but at this point I think it’s clear BL was involved in her death. IMO, she was murdered, but at the very least I believe he put her in grave physical danger.

Even though Gabby only got to edit and post her first Youtube video (and I do wonder about the conspicuous absence of footage from between the start of their journey in Florida and NY until they got way out west… someone who “doesn’t think she can do it” might well have deleted it IMO,) I’m so glad that she got to make and share it with us all.

As she was an enthusiast of true crime podcasts, I’d like to think that she’d be super proud of herself (and rightly so,) for breaking through Brian’s naysaying and getting that one video done which, in no small way when you think about it, helped to solve the mystery of her own disappearance.

Rest in peace, Gabby.

Last edited:
Was she buried in a dry creekbed, potentially of which he hoped one day she would be underwater? They say it's a remote location but it feels very open with people relatively close by. IMO, she died there and that's why she was buried near there.

Poor Gabby. );

I thought of this—that he might've buried her there with the hopes of the water washing the evidence away. Although, she was well on the shore and the spot was picked with care, which shows that he may have had some remorse. The location, as seen from a distance via helicopter, is almost a perfect "memorial" spot with trees.

I totally see him as the type to snap and kill her. He was completely acting to those officers. I saw it immediately. He could talk his way out of anything except with people who have seen his type in action. He was a possessive, jealous, unstable young man. She was upset because she was in love with an abuser. There is absolutely not one shred of evidence to suggest that G committed suicide. Not one.

Perhaps, and I'm, not always right. Really, I'm not. But, she had shown to be a bit over the top that LE was involved twice. She was definitely stressed about the vanlife thing. They had just released the video. The were fighting. Any doubt that she was unhappy? I'm not the worlds best judge in people and I only see them on the other side of an internet feed but what I see, that guy was never going to kill her. That guy, with all his flaws, was all hers. Maybe you see something different. And that's ok. But not me, not yet. I don't see him as the kind of guy that can kill a snake let alone his fiance.

No on
How do you know he's not?

Some one else asked grieving so much that he has to lawyer up? No.... He probably doesn't give a **** about lawyers right about now. He did run home to mom & dad. So you want to crucify him for that? Could he have said something. Truth? Probably not. Really. Could his parents? Perhaps. Nothing anyone said was going to change anything though and I haven't seen GP's parents being receptive. Let's see how this unfolds but I think folks are expecting others to behave in very experienced ways when in fact, these are experiences that none of us (with few exceptions) have ever experienced.
No one knows if he is grieving thus my question why you stated he was. He and his family refused to communicate with GP’s family long before LE was involved. They reached 0ut to the Laundries for 10 days asking where Gabby was with all communications being ignored, I would not call that not being receptive. They went to LE because they could not get BL or his family to respond. Lawyering up does not equate to grieving, I know of plenty of murderers who have lawyers and zero grief. I don’t think it takes experience to have care, concern, compassion for a missing you woman and her family and to behave in such a way that helps try to bring her home.

The Stickers…

Seems most likely they were added either after she was dead or after he took off with the van… but why???

Might seem like an irrelevant point. I thought so at first too but since she had OCD (and had decorated the van) I think she would be the one to put the stickers on and decide where they go. IMO if he left her alive and expected her to come home, he did it to look like he had fun without her and piss her off for decorating “her” van. If he killed her maybe they have a more sinister meaning or perhaps no meaning at.

Since I’m kind of new here… at least posting wise. Can someone post the van’s stickers as of the recent youtube video and the stickers when the car was impounded. In the meantime, I will learn how to.

I can't with CM tonight. Going over the Utah footage seems really grim when we just learned what happened to the poor girl. There's nothing anyone can do to change what happened after the traffic stop. I wish they focused on the great parts of her life right now.

WS may be slow tonight, but the ignore button is a fantastic feature that makes it go much more quickly!

Ultimately, I am glad they found her, although I did try to hold out some hope that she was alive somewhere.

At any rate, I was watching the KSL feed live when the helicopter saw the searchers pause (there were people on foot and on horseback). I knew it was near where the van was found, because the other Van Life couple posted the coordinates. The helicopter panned away as soon as they realized it was a body - but it was (from my brief look) relatively intact. I was certain it was a small female - still with some clothing visible.

They showed this live? Wow. I did hear JB say let me make sure we don't show anything we're not supposed to show or something like that.

I need to issue an apology. I jumped the gun and don't want anyone else making my mistake. When I watched the aerial footage, I was very focused on the tent. I missed that the officers were actually standing tightly around the body to obscure it from aerial view while they got the tent ready.

So I retract my assertion that Gabby's body was likely buried or partly buried.

We should not rule out other causes of death.

I'm sorry if my previous posts contributed to any confusion or mistaken assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member