Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

You enter at entry points, I assume.
    On a boat no one is waiting on every beach to stamp your passport. Or even request one.

B4igo2it and al66pine like this.

2. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Her body was found 900 feet from where the van had been parked.

al66pine, Cortne, Midgie2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

The problem with BL is I *think* don't quote me on this, a criminal complaint while fine to be used in exigent circumstances still requires indictment. Usually indictment (by Grand Jury) is required within 2 weeks max (again I *think*). He does not need to be found to be indicted, but they do have to have some semblance of a case put together. Then they can always do a superseding indictment later and add Counts.

Duchess78 and al66pine like this.
  4. GeauxTigers912

GeauxTigers912 Active Member

I agree with this as I am from Louisiana. But I just wonder with the timeline if it’s even possible he got there. If you believe he never came home to Florida then I think it’s possible. But if you believe when his parents parent say they last saw him, I believe that to be a hard thing to do. He would have had to drive for a long time and would have had to stop a lot on his way there from Florida. Which means he could have been seen. Even if he hitchhiked from Florida to Texas I just find it very difficult.

al66pine and bellyup like this.
  5. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Not only that, but the parents were fully aware that Gabby did not return with Brian, and he had her van. Over a week passed, and they still did nothing.

When Gabby's parents reached out trying to figure out what was going on with their daughter, they were ignored.

Nope. Nonsense.

B4igo2it, d4j, windrower and 27 others like this.
  6. dlerrahlk1130

dlerrahlk1130 Well-Known Member

First time poster. I think I understand the rules. Please be kind of I mess up!

moo and speculation
    1) LE has evidence of BL making it to florida. He had to stop for food and gas at some point and isn’t the brightest. May have used ATM, caught on surveillance etc etc. They have had over a week to track some steps. they have credible evidence of him coming back to florida - a massive search in a single location. They know he was there at some point
    2) mid - august return to florida. Easy to verify with flight manifest
    3) BL likely explained some level of relational discord to his parents on that trip. That would explain the lack of immediate suspicion anyways. They knew about the fighting. They lived with them for crying out loud! So a break up would not have been shocking
    4) I suspect he is dead but I hope I am wrong
    I have a bunch more thoughts that I typed out in a long post that disappeared as I went to post it so may add more later. Thanks!

d4j, mtnlites, lightlady and 16 others like this.
  7. CocoTutu

CocoTutu Well-Known Member

Agreed. The mom didn't answer her mother when she reached out worrying about them. His mother knew he was back without her. As well seems to me they could've spoken out- helped in any way whatsoever with the search, and encouraged their son to have a spine if he'd done something horrible and let her family have some answers. TBH, I think his parents are truly horrible and I'm not typically one to judge much less strangers. I just don't see any way these are decent people. Their actions have been nothing but heartless and cruel.

windrower, nwmama, mtnlites and 14 others like this.
  8. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Covered with what? Dirt/leaves/debris?

mtnlites, al66pine and EphemerallyAya like this.
  9. Printcess

Printcess Active Member

Edit: somehow posted the same thing twice. Changed this one to avoid a wall of text.

al66pine and tresptip like this.
  10. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

Bizarre. And extremely unlikely. BL's behavior reveals what happened.

B4igo2it, windrower, SUNchips and 8 others like this.
  11. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

You can cross from the U.S. to Mexico and Canada over land at a border crossing with a passport card instead of a passport book. I’ve heard of some agents not checking going into Mexico but I don’t have personal experience with that.

al66pine likes this.
  12. wolf88

wolf88 Active Member

I agree with so much you are saying. Here's the two pictures:
    #1 as of Aug 27 6-6:30 pm and #2 is from the search poster pictures. Can link if needed.
    van.png van2.jpg

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

She had a driver's license so she knew how to drive. I think she preferred not to drive, but she must have driven it occasionally because there is a video of her behind the wheel.

14. Printcess

Printcess Active Member

I've seen a couple people asking how BL could possibly be innocent in GP's disappearance and possible murder, and here is a theory.
    What if they had another fight, and this time he left GP with the van so she didn't worry that he would leave her? He hitchhikes around while she works on video and returns to find her missing. He can't get ahold of her, panics and heads home, thinking she may be there. He gets there and no GP, but his parents convince him it will be fine and to stay home and regroup. When BLs parents hear from GPs parents, they realize something is amiss and lawyer up. As people take notice of the case, BL realizes that even if he didn't do it, his life is ruined and he has been convicted in the court of public opinion and goes into the woods and commits suicide. GP is later found, and the story has two victims.

The thing that first made me question BLs involvement was the Yosemite text. He knows they were planning on Yellowstone, he was the driver. I think someone may have met GP while BL was hitchhiking, and sent a text to cover but didn't correctly remember the park GP had mentioned.

Not saying this is the case, just saying that it is good to consider different angles. His parents did not react in a compassionate manner AT ALL, but people can be jerks when it comes to protecting their kids, and BL is young, seems anticonfrontational (from the body cam footage, at least), and would likely listen to his parents and later his attorney.

Just a theory. IMHO MOO etc.

catchingdelivery and al66pine like this.
  15. CocoTutu

CocoTutu Well-Known Member

YEAH, pin a note to the tree, leave some of the camping gear and a note attached to say "went looking for you"

Printcess and al66pine like this.
  16. dogmom805

dogmom805 Well-Known Member

I will have to go search for the source and post, but the woman who worked at Moonstone that was murdered was said to be not working when BL and GP were at the store.

17. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

I don't think Brian is high profile and the US is also known for refusing to extradite citizens as the Brits will tell you about Anne Sacoolis who killed a motorcyclist by driving on the wrong side of the road and was asked to report for to LE for questioning the next day but was spirited out in the middle of the night.

18. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Good post! And he is a real schmoozer who couldn't keep his mouth shut in Moab.

19. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

he had that tarp

al66pine, Midgie2 and dogmom805 like this.
  20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.