Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitting hairs can be the difference between him going free and him being charged with a crime. If they obtain information illegally through their phones, even if it proves he committed a crime, the judge would still throw it out. When it comes to law and order splitting hairs is necessary. You can’t just “keep tabs” on people’s phones and spending.

Absolutely right. People who are clearly murderers are often set free because of some small detail in a request for a warrant, or how they are questioned. The evidence is ruled inadmissible, either before trial or during a trial, or during an appeal.

I would not be so quick to blame B.L's parents.What if they had really tried to get the information from him but he just would not talk about it.You can't force someone to talk.Maybe they tried and tried and just could not get him to talk about it.

I think it was alway 3 aganist 1 in the Laundrie's home... I felt that way the minute I watched her apology in the 8/12 video JMO

She had a driver's license so she knew how to drive. I think she preferred not to drive, but she must have driven it occasionally because there is a video of her behind the wheel.
In the clip though it appears shes driving a vehicle other than the van, yet during the domestic LE handed her control of the van when the two were split up.

Interesting. Off-topic (so no need to answer, I can Google :)), but I wonder why? Cubans are humans...moms/dads/brothers/sisters/boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives just like the rest of us! Seems like they'd care.
The Cuban missile crisis comes to mind. Relations with our countries have not always been too great.

Do you have a link(s) or examples for his outdoor savviness? Car camping doesn’t qualify. Parental testimonials to his “experience” don’t qualify, either. (So far on WS, I have yet to encounter a missing hiker who could live up to the designation “experienced”, even though loved ones insist they are.)

I stated it as an opinion.
I do believe that no hiker or camper meets your standards of “experienced” though!

Not only that, but the parents were fully aware that Gabby did not return with Brian, and he had her van. Over a week passed, and they still did nothing.

When Gabby's parents reached out trying to figure out what was going on with their daughter, they were ignored.

Nope. Nonsense.

Nonsense is way too kind a word.

Good post! And he is a real schmoozer who couldn't keep his mouth shut in Moab.
It'll be no time before he talks himself into a hole he couldn't get out of with a John Deere crane. I think. But it'll help to get him isolated in a room without a lot of comforts, & an interviewer who knows how to push just so, & how, at the right time.

Not only that, but the parents were fully aware that Gabby did not return with Brian, and he had her van. Over a week passed, and they still did nothing.

When Gabby's parents reached out trying to figure out what was going on with their daughter, they were ignored.

Nope. Nonsense.
Even worse, they knew before he even got back (if he did get back). The mother was ignoring calls and texts on the 30th. And, there are 31 days in August.

If he made it from Wyoming to Florida in 48hrs he could have easily made it to Mexico with his 3 day head start. Nobody was looking for him till Friday night everyone thought he was in Florida and LE knew his location.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this as I am from Louisiana. But I just wonder with the timeline if it’s even possible he got there. If you believe he never came home to Florida then I think it’s possible. But if you believe when his parents parent say they last saw him, I believe that to be a hard thing to do. He would have had to drive for a long time and would have had to stop a lot on his way there from Florida. Which means he could have been seen. Even if he hitchhiked from Florida to Texas I just find it very difficult.[/QUOTE

Nope. Nonsense.

I have an active imagination. I can spin up a number of scenarios where BL can come home without GP without being guilty of something, but they all crash and burn with that first non-reply to GP's mother.

A lie of omission is a lie none the less.
Love this post 5,000. :) ^^^

It's not going to be very funny, if BL is not hiding out in the parkland/swamp area, chilling with the gators and mosquitoes --- but instead, LE find out he was never there and never went for a walk ?
That's a lie of omission and iirc you can face charges for that ?
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member