Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about all the angles too... but in this scenario if she was found as close to the van as it's being said...didn't he going looking for her/ ask nearby campers about her before just taking off?

It took days of full search teams to find her in that spot, I don't think it's unreasonable to think he didn't see her, or perhaps she wasn't there yet. Forensics need to be done to tell us when she passed etc. We will know more in time...

IMO

I have an active imagination. I can spin up a number of scenarios where BL can come home without GP without being guilty of something, but they all crash and burn with that first non-reply to GP's mother.
I
I have an active imagination. I can spin up a number of scenarios where BL can come home without GP without being guilty of something, but they all crash and burn with that first non-reply to GP's mother.

I originally considered that BL did not kill her, he came home after the hitchiking trip to find her dead or missing, freaked out, and drove the van home. But then I think about how the perpetrator who has her phone posted on her behalf on social media days after we know by the timeline she was already deceased, texted her mom, and the weird Spotify playlist created on August 31. I think that would have to have been BL trying to distract while he made his getaway back to Florida.

When you look at the raw footage of the dashcam that found the van in the area, there are surprisingly quite a number of campers out there in the general vicinity. I was imagining somewhere much more remote and desolate.

If GP had screamed, say in the middle of the night, do you think they were close enough that someone would've heard it? It might not mean much but the fact that no one did seems like it wasn't a prolonged chase or anything, or a bear attack in the middle of the night. It also doesn't seem secluded enough for him to be dragging a body out in the middle of this place. It's not a place you'd choose if you premeditated this. Went for a walk, got into a fight and he just lost it, attacked her and then panicked and ran? That's my guess.

He seems like am emotionally weak and immature person so running back home to Ma and Pa in denial seems fitting. Hiding afterwards and lawyering up and pretending it will all go away if he ignored it seems to also fit. But he can't stop thinking about it over and over, so he keeps playing the badger song which he thinks means something only to him and relives the trauma - that kind of also makes sense. He's most likely taken the easy way out and killed himself with a gun if there was one in the home. Shoot himself in the park to be eaten by critters, and be part of nature again. He didn't "mean" to hurt her, regrets all of it, but he's immature. JMO.

OR he's been stuffed away somewhere by parents and spending his time on the internet, like this website. All of it MOO
i absolutely think someone would've heard her. they were only 900 feet off the road. the people that took the dashcam video said the place was over crowded and there was no spots. they drove past the van to the end of the road where it was all full, then had to turn back around cause they couldn't find a spot and passed the van again (but they turned off the dashcam before this). the van wasn't even in a spot and just pulled off the road awkwardly. @the.curly.nomad on instagram was camping super close to them and put up videos, they said they drove past the van everyday and thought it was abandoned.

I don't think Brian is high profile and the US is also known for refusing to extradite citizens as the Brits will tell you about Anne Sacoolis who killed a motorcyclist by driving on the wrong side of the road and was asked to report for to LE for questioning the next day but was spirited out in the middle of the night.
Sacoolis was either CIA or married to CIA, evidently. There’s a special category for this, or perhaps not. There’s disagreement between the two countries, as far as I can make out.
DL, by contrast, doesn’t seem to be a spy or a diplomat.
Note, too, the US murderers who have been picked up in Mexico, including the affluenza teen, Peterson, Longo. Mexico doesn’t seem to be adverse to sending criminals back to the US.

The only way I could make it plausible is that it had been framed as something where she had instigated it. If he came back with injuries he could perhaps sell it as self-defence gone wrong. Her having been nearly charged with DV very recently would only add weight to that in the parents eyes and perhaps would explain the seeming lack of care towards Gabby and her family and the desire to try to protect their son.

No, it was not his 'option' to take. He told her to go for a walk, then got in HER van and locked her out. He should have been the one going for a walk. How dare he.
Actually, it was. Your judgment of Brian makes it seem like you’re not willing to think of what would be realistic in a situation like they were in. If he wanted to get away from her to calm down and ease the situation and she wouldn’t let him the only place he could’ve gone was into the car. Even officer Taylor admitted that it was a common use vehicle so acting like he had absolutely no right to lock himself in just because it had her name on the title is plain wrong.

My mistake. Forgot about that and haven't been able to keep up with the thread due to the site being slowed to a crawl earlier.

Still, you would think if you're the Laundrie parents and you genuinely don't know what happened to your son and fear the worst, you would be in contact enough with LE to have that car examined and kept where it is.

I wonder if there's any chance - and the possibility makes me so sad - that they wanted to give him a chance to kill himself.

Love this post 5,000. :) ^^^

It's not going to be very funny, if BL is not hiding out in the parkland/swamp area, chilling with the gators and mosquitoes --- but instead, LE find out he was never there and never went for a walk ?
That's a lie of omission and iirc you can face charges for that ?
Imo.
I think it's just a flat out lie in that case because they said he went, described the pack with strap, and said he took the mustang.

Gabby's family wants one thing: the truth. If the Laundrie family doesn't want to do that, then they should say nothing at all. It's nothing but empty words, as their actions are what matter.

Gabby's family wanted to know where their daughter was, and law enforcement had to figure that out on their own.

This family has obstructed at every turn, and each self serving statement only shines a light on that.
And I am a bit disturbed at the mothers here who are posting that they would protect their child above all else, including cooperating with the parents of the son or daughter that their child may have hurt or even killed.
That is not healthy for their child.

The only other bizarre scenario ,I can come up with is,he went for a hike,was gone too long,she got worried and decided to hitch a ride to town to find help in locating him,got picked up by the wrong person in which she tells the whole story too, they take advantage of the situation,do whatever and murder her and dump her body near but not too close to the van to kind of frame Brian.Brian gets back to the van,she's not there,and who knows what happened from there.
Bizarre. And extremely unlikely. BL's behavior reveals what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member