Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts, this terrain is nearly impossible for the average camper, so this is a good question/point. If he's there, he didn't go there to survive.
IMO the swamp park is a red herring. I don’t believe he has any experience that would allow him to even contemplate a night there.
And provided LE doesn’t scrutinize carefully whether DL’s experience matches up with an overnight bivouac—or even a few hours—in the swamp park, they are wasting search resources and time. I feel so sorry for LE having to search in a nasty-creature swamp park… They were probably consumed by mosquitoes.

I don't think Brian is high profile and the US is also known for refusing to extradite citizens as the Brits will tell you about Anne Sacoolis who killed a motorcyclist by driving on the wrong side of the road and was asked to report for to LE for questioning the next day but was spirited out in the middle of the night.
The Sentinel said high-profile, but the DoS article didn’t. They did list multiple fugitives connected to various murders. Obviously, all of this is just speculation, I just think that would be a lot more convenient for him if he had the means to get there since he’s basically on the water.

Agreed. The mom didn't answer her mother when she reached out worrying about them. His mother knew he was back without her. As well seems to me they could've spoken out- helped in any way whatsoever with the search, and encouraged their son to have a spine if he'd done something horrible and let her family have some answers. TBH, I think his parents are truly horrible and I'm not typically one to judge much less strangers. I just don't see any way these are decent people. Their actions have been nothing but heartless and cruel.
Unbelievably cruel from one mother to another.

I've seen a couple people asking how BL could possibly be innocent in GP's disappearance and possible murder, and here is a theory.
What if they had another fight, and this time he left GP with the van so she didn't worry that he would leave her? He hitchhikes around while she works on video and returns to find her missing. He can't get ahold of her, panics and heads home, thinking she may be there. He gets there and no GP, but his parents convince him it will be fine and to stay home and regroup. When BLs parents hear from GPs parents, they realize something is amiss and lawyer up. As people take notice of the case, BL realizes that even if he didn't do it, his life is ruined and he has been convicted in the court of public opinion and goes into the woods and commits suicide. GP is later found, and the story has two victims.

The thing that first made me question BLs involvement was the Yosemite text. He knows they were planning on Yellowstone, he was the driver. I think someone may have met GP while BL was hitchhiking, and sent a text to cover but didn't correctly remember the park GP had mentioned.

Not saying this is the case, just saying that it is good to consider different angles. His parents did not react in a compassionate manner AT ALL, but people can be jerks when it comes to protecting their kids, and BL is young, seems anticonfrontational (from the body cam footage, at least), and would likely listen to his parents and later his attorney.

Just a theory. IMHO MOO etc.
It's not a crime to not rescue someone, but it is a crime to cover it up.

When you look at the raw footage of the dashcam that found the van in the area, there are surprisingly quite a number of campers out there in the general vicinity. I was imagining somewhere much more remote and desolate.

If GP had screamed, say in the middle of the night, do you think they were close enough that someone would've heard it? It might not mean much but the fact that no one did seems like it wasn't a prolonged chase or anything, or a bear attack in the middle of the night. It also doesn't seem secluded enough for him to be dragging a body out in the middle of this place. It's not a place you'd choose if you premeditated this. Went for a walk, got into a fight and he just lost it, attacked her and then panicked and ran? That's my guess.

He seems like am emotionally weak and immature person so running back home to Ma and Pa in denial seems fitting. Hiding afterwards and lawyering up and pretending it will all go away if he ignored it seems to also fit. But he can't stop thinking about it over and over, so he keeps playing the badger song which he thinks means something only to him and relives the trauma - that kind of also makes sense. He's most likely taken the easy way out and killed himself with a gun if there was one in the home. Shoot himself in the park to be eaten by critters, and be part of nature again. He didn't "mean" to hurt her, regrets all of it, but he's immature. JMO.

OR he's been stuffed away somewhere by parents and spending his time on the internet, like this website. All of it MOO

I thought what was interesting was in the (approved) RV raw video, when the RV turned around, a Jeep drove up the road and past the RV. The people in that Jeep would have driven right by the white van too. If during that brief period of time BOTH an RV and a Jeep drove by, how many other people spotted it over the 4ish day period the FBI is asking about?

I hope so many people drove by and said what a dumb spot for that van and took a picture!!

My apologies if the Jeep following the bus has been addressed.

The husband drives their bus while his wife follows him by driving their Jeep.

Their video footage was the universe's way of locating Gabby for everyone. The rainbow over the site was a gift for the searches who, I'm sure, were quite shaken by the discovery.

Finally able to read some of this thread now that the site has dwindled down in traffic for the night.

In line with everything else that makes no sense, I can't grasp why Brian's parents would have gone back to retrieve the Mustang.

If they believed Brian went out to the swamp area with plans to return but didn't, retrieving the Mustang makes no sense. If they believed he went out there to end his life and not return, and they were genuinely concerned about his whereabouts and welfare, retrieving it doesn't make much sense either.

For Brian, amidst a media circus and lynch mob at the doorstep, to make a casual exit through the back, is a story in and of itself. For him to possibly enter the swamp and execute some sort of strategy with a Mustang that gets returned by his parents to their house in the middle of the night where none of the numerous media reporters camped out happen to notice...is another ridiculous story. I have a hard time believing one, let alone both.

If she had been dead for 19 days then significant decomposition likely had occurred. If her murder was caused by say, manual strangulation, there may have been too much time passed to determine a COD. Blunt force trauma, on the other hand, might still be evident on her remains.

Not necessarily - if she was buried and the air couldn’t get to her body it would be reasonably intact. That’s what happened with Chelsea King I recall.
Ugh it makes me sick to think he just left her there like that.

Agreed. The mom didn't answer her mother when she reached out worrying about them. His mother knew he was back without her. As well seems to me they could've spoken out- helped in any way whatsoever with the search, and encouraged their son to have a spine if he'd done something horrible and let her family have some answers. TBH, I think his parents are truly horrible and I'm not typically one to judge much less strangers. I just don't see any way these are decent people. Their actions have been nothing but heartless and cruel.

IKR? They could have a story to explain things.

It's always possible.

It's just nigh onto IMpossible to imagine any story they have that could be remotely plausible.

I've seen a couple people asking how BL could possibly be innocent in GP's disappearance and possible murder, and here is a theory.
What if they had another fight, and this time he left GP with the van so she didn't worry that he would leave her? He hitchhikes around while she works on video and returns to find her missing. He can't get ahold of her, panics and heads home, thinking she may be there. He gets there and no GP, but his parents convince him it will be fine and to stay home and regroup. When BLs parents hear from GPs parents, they realize something is amiss and lawyer up. As people take notice of the case, BL realizes that even if he didn't do it, his life is ruined and he has been convicted in the court of public opinion and goes into the woods and commits suicide. GP is later found, and the story has two victims.

The thing that first made me question BLs involvement was the Yosemite text. He knows they were planning on Yellowstone, he was the driver. I think someone may have met GP while BL was hitchhiking, and sent a text to cover but didn't correctly remember the park GP had mentioned.

Not saying this is the case, just saying that it is good to consider different angles. His parents did not react in a compassionate manner AT ALL, but people can be jerks when it comes to protecting their kids, and BL is young, seems anticonfrontational (from the body cam footage, at least), and would likely listen to his parents and later his attorney.

Just a theory. IMHO MOO etc.

I was thinking about all the angles too... but in this scenario if she was found as close to the van as it's being said...didn't he going looking for her/ ask nearby campers about her before just taking off?

Not only that, but the parents were fully aware that Gabby did not return with Brian, and he had her van. Over a week passed, and they still did nothing.

When Gabby's parents reached out trying to figure out what was going on with their daughter, they were ignored.

Nope. Nonsense.

That is absolutely sick and sickening.
There is nothing that makes that OK.
Not saying anything is bad enough, but ignoring Mom trying to reach them is basically torturing her.

If he made it from Wyoming to Florida in 48hrs he could have easily made it to Mexico with his 3 day head start. Nobody was looking for him till Friday night everyone thought he was in Florida and LE knew his location.
[/QUOTE]
Nah, he would not know what to do or how to live without his mommy or his girlfriend to look after him. What has he ever done in his life but follow Gabby around and put her down for having a dream?

I suspect Gabby’s family would like the Laundries family to “stick it”

Gabby's family wants one thing: the truth. If the Laundrie family doesn't want to do that, then they should say nothing at all. It's nothing but empty words, as their actions are what matter.

Gabby's family wanted to know where their daughter was, and law enforcement had to figure that out on their own.

This family has obstructed at every turn, and each self serving statement only shines a light on that.

IMO the swamp park is a red herring. I don’t believe he has any experience that would allow him to even contemplate a night there.
And provided LE doesn’t scrutinize carefully whether DL’s experience matches up with an overnight bivouac—or even a few hours—in the swamp park, they are wasting search resources and time. I feel so sorry for LE having to search in a nasty-creature swamp park… They were probably consumed by mosquitoes.

Ugh, yes. Sounds dreadful!

For it to be a red herring, lies would have to be told. It's hard to imagine anyone without a prior criminal record or terrible reputation being capable of doing something like that, so I'm very curious! Not gonna say any more because I don't want to violate the TOS. But, I'm so curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k