Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. We do not know and will never know for certain. Clearly, the Laundries felt something amiss enough to consult an attorney. They then did what attorney told them to do and not to do.
I think they and BL have successfully evaded the legal consequences. Mental, emotional and public opinion consequences, very much not. It’s forums like this, and social media, and the public in general that will make them pay the consequences, not the law IMO. That’s what’s making their lives miserable now. They can fend off LE and even force them to protect them.

I don’t think they’ll fend off LE. In the beginning it always feels like that, because we can’t see what LE are doing behind the scenes. And often it’s a lot. Forensic analysis of phones, phone pings, location data, computers, banking records, witness interviews. They’ll get him… if he’s alive.

I’m really starting to wonder if he’s in the house and the parents have been creating diversions etc.

At first I would've thought that would be a very risky and frankly stupid move and discounted it as relatively unlikely, but Brian and his parents have shown themselves to be heartless and manipulative people––I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've been hiding him in the house or at another location.

I don’t think that’s the backpack only because in the police photo in Moab from the DV encounter we see a large green strapped backpack right at the front of the back of the van. The size of the backpack looked far too big for Gabby’s body to fit comfortably and effectively for backpacking. I think it makes much more sense to have a pillow behind your back while you drive long-distance. I’ve strapped one down before while living in a van, it really helps with back pain

This is great.

He speaks halfway through about something that can be seen in the front and he says he thinks it's a pillow but it looks like a backpack with straps to me.

Last edited:
If they really, truly, could not get a search warrant before they found her body, they should amend the VAWA to add a clause that says if one member of an intimate partnership goes missing, LE has probable cause to search their last known residence for information related to the missing person.

You can even say any evidence retrieved can only be used for a possible prosecution related to the missing person.

How many times has this happened now? Though based on the responses in other cases (Morphew, Frazee), it seems like this local LE just didn't act aggressively IMO.

I had dinner last night with Detective Step Son. He never discusses crime cases with me. He has been following this case closely. But he was upset that Brian got away. He could not understand why LE, especially the Feds, didn't get tracking warrants for the Laundries vehicles. Said he has written these warrants up himself and that the Feds do not need much probable cause. Also said, unless they had proof early on that Gabby was dead, the urgency to find a live and possibly abandoned and injured person, would have been enough for all the warrants they needed from the beginning.

I haven't been able to go back and look at the body cam footage yet, but did he tell LE during the stop that he didn't have a phone? If so, that's going to hurt his defense considering LE has access to both his and GP's phones now, right? I think I read they have access to the data, but not the physical phones.

While I understand that nobody wants their kid mixed up in a situation like this, let alone (potentially) responsible for the entire thing, his parents are the most unsympathetic parents on the planet right now. They have had so many choices to make in the last few weeks and they have consistently made the wrong one every single time. They chose to cover for their son and act in self serving ways instead of being decent people. I don’t pity them at all.
I'm having trouble finding some compassion too. I normally give parents a little leeway because parenting is hard and protecting your child is instinctive. I can honestly understand them hiring an attorney for their son but I can't understand that they cared nothing about Gabby and what her family was going through. That is a coldness, I will never understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member