Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Brian is on the run he’s not going to get very far. I can’t imagine he’d have the means (let alone viable connections) to just buy himself a new life. Neither do his parents. Money could get someone in his situation pretty far but even then it’s never a sure thing. IMO he just doesn’t have what’s needed to even attempt a successful runaway.

Hypothetically speaking, his parents could be very wealthy.
You never know!! The old "dont judge a book by it's cover" might apply here. MOO

This news of Gabby being found is so, so sad but I am relieved that her parent's don't have to endure, weeks, months or years of wondering where she is.

I can't stop comparing this case to that of little Gannon Stauch in Colorado and can't help but wonder why LE is so ready to put in so many resources to searching for the missing persons in both of these cases , but doesn't utilize resources to put surveillance on the last person who was known to be with the missing person, especially when the person either won't talk (or in Gannon's case, his mom wouldn't face the camera for her interview.)

In Gannon's case, his stepmom managed to transport his body across several states within days of his murder. The red flags were there in the beginning in both of these cases.....especially since BL wouldn't assist LE with a timeline or disclose ANY info regarding where he saw her last.

As soon as Gabby was reported as missing, wouldn't LE have been alerted to the dv incident in Utah? Couldn't that have been enough to get surveillance on him? ( I am not familiar enough with US laws to know the answer to this.)

Has anyone seen anything mentioned on whether or not they had one or two sets of keys to the van with them?

Thinking out loud here....just because there are so many missing pieces of info on who has actually saw BL in person since he apparently returend home.
Could the parents have had the van towed to Florida? Maybe BL never even went home.

JMO and speculation

Im guessing he came home to his parents get money etc. Then things got HOT and they told him to go, gave him money etc. provided a cover and then he disappeared into thin air before anyone knew he was missing.

I don’t think he knew what to do, his parents are probably the ones that helped him plan the escape. He seems very impulsive.
As far as I know, unless I missed it in these multiple fast-moving threads, we still have no proof whatsoever that he (BL) actually was in Florida himself -- no one other than his parents have allegedly laid eyes on him since he was out west, supposedly hitchhiking after being separated from Gabby.

Am I mistaken, have we gotten ANY proof so far that anyone has actually seen him in FL?

How did the Van get to Florida? <modsnip>

In regards to the van door closing, didn't the couple that took the video say they were going to stop and say hello, but the van didn't appear to have any activity, so they didn't? If that's the case, I think that rules out the door opening/closing, etc. because they would have seen that and knew that someone was there.
A 2K camera picks up more detail than our natural eyesight, and it was for a split second a hundred yards or so away, while one of them was focused on driving and both of them keeping their eyes out for somewhere to camp.

Not saying it definitely happened but the raw 2K footage, when slowed down, is pretty convincing IMO.

Honestly, I don't believe it was. I saw it on his story yesterday.

One of my biggest pet peeve‘s is when non-factual information continues to be purported in a thread. Therefore I just have to correct you. It is his Instagram account. If you would look here in his stories under green you will see the post. His account is tagged by gabby‘s. It is his real IG account. Please look. Login • Instagram

i have only ever found his Instagram through Gabby’s. I’ve never just googled it. I checked and double checked. Unless somebody hacked her account, linked the fake page, and that’s how I found it I believe it was his. I deleted my comment and I’m letting it go but I’m an avid, every day Instagram user and am generally social media savvy. But either way I suppose it doesn’t matter.

My guess is that he's been in the house the entire time and that when they called LE to the house to report him missing, he was holed up in the shed in the backyard. MOO.

I hope you're right but wouldn't a SWAT team show up if he was refusing to leave the shed, camper, or home or had weapon-making threats?

I don't understand that either. He is an adult- what right would his parents have to refer LE to a lawyer on his behalf? Wouldn't you at least want to hear those words right from his mouth? I am sorry I have no statement please contact my lawyer...

That's what confuses me, when LE knocked they should have said: "Sorry he is an adult we need to talk to him."
Then BL could have handed LE the attorney's info, also they would have seen him at the house to confirm he was there. Right now, no one can confirm BL was in FL on Sept 1st or Sept 11th.
Only the parents word he returned, correct?
Maybe BL never returned someone else returned/drove the van back to he did indeed return the van and eft immediately afterward.

In regards to the van door closing, didn't the couple that took the video say they were going to stop and say hello, but the van didn't appear to have any activity, so they didn't? If that's the case, I think that rules out the door opening/closing, etc. because they would have seen that and knew that someone was there.
I just watched the video again. The door closing is very obvious.

guns drawn and a ballistics shield does make a compelling case but as outsiders its hard to know what is FBI SOP and whats you know actually looking for someone at that location

Well, you wouldn't have guns drawn and a ballistics shield if you were just looking through normal garden shed evidence?
They HAD to have been expecting a person. A dangerous one too.
Which means that BL's parents have told the FBI they have no idea where he is.....so the FBI suspect he might still be hiding out at home, hence the guns and shield.

Yes, it is. @bizarre_design_ - it's linked to multiple times from GP's posts.
This is absolutely his account. The succulent post is under the "green" story
Go look

Thanks for posting the photo! I hope this clears up confusion now that this was a recent photo he posted. It is definitely his account it's just an old photo.

I haven't watched their video, but I've caught bits and pieces reported. It seems like they said they noticed it had Florida plates and that stood out to them because they were also from Florida and that's why they were going to stop. If they were looking hard enough to notice the plates, they'd have to notice the door, right?
No. They wouldn't have been close enough at that point to see plates. They would have to be closer. If you watch the video of him showing it opening, that is 100% happening. He zoomed in from afar though.

Just want to insert here that projecting hate onto Laundrie's parents does no one any good. I totally get the outrage and the cry for justice. Me too!! But no matter what happened, they are human beings and I believe it's safe to say that they're experiencing a bewildering grief of their own.
Hmmm that only applies though if we find out they did NOT help BL go into hiding. As soon as their son got home without his girlfriend that went with him, they should have alerted someone. Instead they want to hide behind their lawyer saying “no comment” and “we’re praying for her family”. If they are helping him, then they’re just as guilty as he is. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48