Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan McRoberts
@MeghanWPTV

We’ve obtained a copy of the search warrant that states police need to look through an external hard drive found in a mustang at Brian laundries home and texts where gabby indicated growing tensions with Brian in conversations with her mom and sent unusual texts starting aug 27

<modsnip: Attachments removed until such time as personal contact info is redacted from warrant>
Wow they didn't redact anything. Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that did strike me about the body cam footage was the officer walking off, past the vehicle Gabby was in, then turning around to go back and ask BL if he was on any medications and whether he was always this hyper, which made me wonder if he was questioning his story.

As far as the conversation being inappropriate or unprofessional, I thought that maybe they were attempting to be more relatable in an effort to get either GP or BL to open up about anything they weren't saying.
They did not tell Gabby any stories about victims, just the story about the male cop having had a 'toxic' ex wife, which leads me to presume that he was suggesting to Brian that Gabby was toxic. I cannot see any other reason for him telling him that.

Is there a livestream somewhere? both my feeds have disappeared!

They went off air on that link, but they should be back later. It won’t be the same link, but you can go to YouTube (you don’t have to sign in) search WFLA News and find their channel. You can watch old Livestreams there as well.

Wonder if LE found a secret file on Gabby's computer hard-drive? A secret diary where she could vent and write about things she didn't think she could share with anyone.

Two quick thoughts. First, I wonder if all the boxes in the Laundries' garage are Gabby's and Brian's things that were removed from the storage unit.

Second, as a resident of the droughty western US, I'm in awe of the rain, especially having heard it rains in FL most afternoons.

I wondered that as well. It looks like a hodge podge of boxes (different sizes and types). I also wonder if the storage unit has been searched. I haven't seen any reports on that.

I'm in the Southeast. It's been incredibly rainy here and we've had flash flooding a couple of times over the past 2 weeks. The weather has been gross. If it's not raining it's humid as all get out.

I wanted reserve my judgement for Brian so that I remain unbiased. Sure he did questionable things which were against my moral values, but I told myself, the whole thing might have been a terrible accident followed by poor decisions in panic.

BUT...
BUT...

That 911 call broke my heart. It will break Gabby's parents' hearts even more. I wish I can give them a hug and not to feel guilty. I feel enraged at the Utah police officers. When the witness had clearly said that BL was the one who slapped her multiple times. They were grilling her about what her intention for slapping was. I'm so sad. Such an unnecessary tragic death.

And those damn new stickers on the van. It feels so callous.

IMO, BL and his family no longer deserve any kind of benefit of doubt.

RIP Gabby. No one can hurt you now. May your angelic wings give you the ability to travel the whole world and more.

NG has good

questions about BL. We Do not know for sure exactly when he arrived in Florida and his comings and goings from the house. It was not under good surveillance. Would like to have a definitive schedule of when he arrived and when he left house
I have posted this upthread- Driving her van to your house and waiting there is not the best strategy to get away with a crime. It's the worst strategy. There is a good chance that is only what it looks like he did and not what he actually did. We don't know of any verified sighting by non-family members after the hitchhikers at Jackson Dam.

Last edited:
As we just heard on the 911 call. However, that is not what LE stated when they pulled them over. It was that a report of her hitting him. They even stated if they had to arrest someone, it would be Gabby since she was the agressor

How did the information from the 911 call (which obviously states he is the aggressor) not accurately get relayed to the LE

You would need to pull the call logs for that incident. I just had an experience with a neighbor yesterday. Someone had already called it in, so my call was added to the first one. As a result, the police officer neglected to scan the entirety of the notes pertaining to the complaint. He only contacted the first person listed on the call and didn't see my contribution, which happened to be significantly more detailed.

It's possible more than one person reported Brian and Gabby.

Maybe "Stan" is what Brian called Gabby's grandfather. Why would his name have to be preprogrammed as such in the phone? Even if Gabby had his name under "Grandpa," I think the text was sent from her phone to her mother (?) Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

The existence of the text, if sent by BL, doesn't mean that he'd actually tried to reach her grandfather. Instead he might have said that, pretending to be her, to excuse her silence. As others have noted, he may not be super-bright.

JMO
Because if the whole point of sending the text was to make it seem as if Gabby had sent it then that would only make sense if he referred to the person he was texting about as Gabby would or as Gabby would have it in her phone. The text to the mother was acknowledging voicemails and calls Gabby’s phone received from her grandfather. My guess is Brian listened to the voicemails or saw the amount of calls as alarming to the point where he had to acknowledge them in some way. So if the point was to keep up the appearances of Gabby still being alive when she wasn’t then he couldn’t possibly answer or return the calls and maybe her grandfather doesn’t text or he didn’t feel comfortable texting him. So instead he texts her mother as Gabby and asks her to deal with it. To refer to him as Stan if he wasn’t in her phone like that tells me he wanted to spark suspicion and get caught.

Joseph Scott Morgan spent years as a senior investigator in the Atlanta Medical Examiner’s Office and also worked for the New Orleans Coroner’s Office. Morgan currently teaches forensic science at Jacksonville State University in Alabama and has been following the Petito case closely.

“You don’t want to miss anything. It’s the smallest little thing in a case like this that can make all the difference,” Morgan tells EastIdahoNews.com. “(Investigators) are going to go through everything. They’re going over his house stem to stern and the van looking for hair and fiber evidence.”

“You could reportedly see her body so what that tells me is she was not buried. She was just kind of left on top of the ground … so you can have evidence that’s scattered everywhere,” Morgan says.

“Environment conditions are very, very hostile out there,” Morgan explains. “More than likely, her body is at least particularly skeletonized. They will not only have a forensic pathologist but they’re probably going to have a forensic anthropologist present for the (autopsy) examination. It would not surprise me if they brought in a forensic odontologist – otherwise known as a forensic dentist.”

“The FBI is looking for hair and fiber evidence, collecting clothing and any kind of cocooning material – what the body might be wrapped up in,” Morgan says. “If he took a blanket or tarp that you can identify as belonging to him – that’s going to be significant from a fiber evidence standpoint.”
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/09/whats-next-in-the-gabby-petito-case-forensic-expert-weighs-in/

Not necessarily. My fiancé calls his parents "mom" and "dad" but have their full legal names in his phone contacts. :p

My phone is the same. On old phones when I had to type contacts in each time I changed phones it was labeled mom but now I import from email address book so everyone is first and last.

I saw most of the live coverage at the laundrie house today, but not all. Did anyone see LE search of the truck camper in the driveway? I did not. Also, some of the “evidence” boxes were styrofoam boxes (empty). What do you suppose that was about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80