Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story about the two women being found dead was announced on the 20th.

If GP had happened to see on the local news on the hotel TV or online, that the two women who told BL to knock it off, stop hitting a woman, had turned up dead, could BL, having been asked by GP if he knew anything about it, perhaps have hastened his trip back to Utah, from the planned 23rd (as GP’s mother believed) to the 20th/21st?

Wait was that the last evening the ladies were seen alive? B/c suddenly BL had a night alone and a hotel room to himself. I was thinking it was a day later though, making the timeline wrong but I might be wrong.

Just finished interview with North Port, FL Police.
Brian Laundrie is still not talking to them. Detectives are extremely frustrated. FBI is now very much involved in multi state investigation. I'm headed back to parents house now. More on @NewsNationNow .

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438230071987351555?s=21

This makes no sense to me. I don't understand the urgency in the middle of a cross-country trip to empty the storage shed. Also, if the couple had a huge blowup of some sort, why even return?

I am trying to weigh the cost and hassle (gas and time for pickup and dropoff) of an around-trip ticket VS storage fees and it doesn't seem cost-effective. It may be an irrelevant point, but it bothers me for some reason. Returning day(s) before he left driving back to FLA.

It doesn’t make sense to me either. I wonder (total speculation) if he told his parents about the police incident and they told him to get himself home right away to get some distance. That would make more sense as to why he was gone for a week. Time to cool off and then decide to go back and get GP.

The excuse of moving things in and/or out of storage doesn’t make sense economically. It also doesn’t take that long to move things from one place to the other.

The bottom line to me is - moving items stored 2500 miles away doesn’t constitute an emergency but almost getting arrested in a DV incident just might in the eyes of concerned parents.

IMO

This makes no sense to me. I don't understand the urgency in the middle of a cross-country trip to empty the storage shed. Also, if the couple had a huge blowup of some sort, why even return?

I am trying to weigh the cost and hassle (gas and time for pickup and dropoff) of an around-trip ticket VS storage fees and it doesn't seem cost-effective. It may be an irrelevant point, but it bothers me for some reason. Returning day(s) before he left driving back to FLA.

I agree with this. If this were my daughter (and I have a 21 year old), I would not call her home to remove his stuff from the home. I think he came home for another reason, maybe to remove himself from the situation.

Also, if he flew home and left her for a week alone, what would she do for a whole week? I think there would be a lot more communication with family and friends during that time.

Gabby Petito's father and stepfather join 'America's Newsroom,' react to fiancé's statement

The father of 22-year-old Gabby Petito responded on "America's Newsroom" Wednesday to a statement issued through a family lawyer by his missing daughter's fiancé, Brian Laundrie.

"That wasn't a statement. I'm sorry. That's not a statement," Joe Petito told host Bill Hemmer.

"Forget Brian, Brian's home safe. His parents, yeah it's hard for them. Bulls---. You know what? My daughter is not here. Our daughter is not here. We don't even know what state she's in.

"You know, we're shooting from the hip here and trying to do what we can. So I don't care about the statement. I care about finding Gabby."

Gabby Petito's father and stepfather join 'America's Newsroom,' react to fiancé's statement
Whooo... that was sad to listen to.
Her dad and stepdad united in anguish and worry. :(

Where are you, Gabby ?????

I just can't shake the feeling, after reading those police reports, that he just left her there to either starve or get attacked by animals. It seemed like she was actually afraid of him doing this, and he wanted to prove a point in anger. IDK. It's messed up and it seems like he literally could have just driven away and left her stranded, knowing she probably wouldn't survive the hike back.

Exactly... who would leave someone who has anxiety (or any mental issue) all alone in the wilderness and take their only transportation and drive it to Florida? The whole thought process of that is mind-boggling.

Also my apologies if this was already posted but they were no longer engaged, according to the mother.

"The distraught mother also clarified that Gabby and Brian had been engaged, but decided to call it off and go back to just dating because they felt they were too young for marriage.

'I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend,' she said. "

Who gets engaged and then says nah, we're too young?

Lots of people are married at their age. It's not like they're teenagers.

Cops were called out to 'incident' involving missing van life girl and her fiancé | Daily Mail Online

I mean, if three people, two women and a guy, witness an altercation, only one of them is going to phone it in to the police, they’re not all going to put their names to the call.

Also we know that the domestic incident happened outside the co-op where, according to varying reports, at least one and perhaps both of the women worked, it’s not like they were in a completely different place.
Except they were staying at two different ends of Moab, South mesa of La Sal Mountians is several miles south, Arches campground is way in back of the park to the north of Moab. Since they were stopped at Arches entrance, it is very doubtful that Gabby or Brian ever new specifically who reported the altercation. The theory is they went back and of all the cashiers/workers that day they picked out Shulte and then waited 24 hours till she was having drinks in Woody's with her partner and followed them.

There is a much better link between the disappearance of James Boone (IIRC) and the Shulte-Turner murders.

Not related, a Christopher filed the report at 4:45 in the afternoon of the 12. Women were seen Aug.13 at a local bar. GP and BL had reserved spots in Arches the 12th through? Not connected.

Too many related details for me to ignore any longer. And I was previously in the cases not being related camp. Time will tell.

Exactly... who would leave someone who has anxiety (or any mental issue) all alone in the wilderness and take their only transportation and drive it to Florida? The whole thought process of that is mind-boggling.

Also my apologies if this was already posted but they were no longer engaged, according to the mother.

"The distraught mother also clarified that Gabby and Brian had been engaged, but decided to call it off and go back to just dating because they felt they were too young for marriage.

'I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend,' she said. "

Who gets engaged and then says nah, we're too young?

Lots of people are married at their age. It's not like they're teenagers.

Cops were called out to 'incident' involving missing van life girl and her fiancé | Daily Mail Online
Both Gabby and Brian said they were "in love and engaged" in the police report. It seems like they were trying to figure it all out.

Edit: It was smart of them if they decided they're too young. Maybe they didn't end the engagement completely since they were still together.

Remembering myself at 22...... I could not have traveled with my then love of my life for months on end
I agree. The incident report is 3 pages where both parties cite they suffer from anxiety but do not take Rx. (BL states GP's condition is allegedly worse than his). I think each are providing their individual, self-diagnosis here. I also think such claims are very typical of their generation. To be clear, I'm not downplaying mental health or emotional disabilities, but opining that there was a time not so long ago that even if you had a professional diagnosis and took medication for your mental health condition, you would never disclose such information out of fear of losing health care, life insurance, service career, and/or your job! MOO
I might add, I agree this is a generational thing. My daughter has anxiety and panic disorder since she was pre-adolescent. GAD is not something that you can self diagnose. In her case it is controlled with medication and on/off therapy when she is stressed. (Nursing school). My daughter would not be able to travel months alone with just her boyfriend with her diagnosis. I hear of and know of so many young people in their 20's speak of panic attacks and anxiety. Hard to know if they were diagnosed or self diagnosing. In any event, to me this trip was causing maybe real anxiety and it was magnifying each and every day.

Again, GP revealed this information to the responding police officers. I once again suggest taking the time to read the transcripts many of us have posted here. I am deeply sensitive to those suffering with mental health issues. I suffer from anxiety myself.

Cheers. ✌
Thanks for this. I do feel those of us with actual diagnosed mental illness and in treatment can shed light on these thought processes, reactions, etc. Having said that, when young, things can get a bit obsessive, overly dramatic, etc. Coping skills are not yet fully developed.

This doesn’t make any sense,

It says BL left GP at Fairfield Inn at Salt Lake City, and flew back home to Florida from August 17-23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and GP had their things in. But was seen at the Kicks 66 convenience store by a cashier on August 21st. When he’s supposed to be at Florida!

“At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.

The cashier pointed out that the Salt Lake City FBI headquarters is across the street from the convenience store, also within a few hundred feet of the Fairfield Inn. 'Their vehicle would have had to pass by the FBI cameras outside of the building pointing toward the street on several occasions.'

Yet, it says GP was last seen on August 24 checking out of Fairfield Inn with BL, in Salt Lake City.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I mean, if three people, two women and a guy, witness an altercation, only one of them is going to phone it in to the police, they’re not all going to put their names to the call.

Also we know that the domestic incident happened outside the co-op where, according to varying reports, at least one and perhaps both of the women worked, it’s not like they were in a completely different place.

And what if the women offered Gabby help or gave her their phone number? It will be interesting to follow this possible connection.

I believe he does have his own phone as her parents tried calling him but got no response. I'd assume they each had a phone for emergencies on a months long trip.
As he claims to be so anti-technology, is there a possibility he doesn’t have his own phone and persuaded her to let him use hers for insta and calling his parents?

Take note the 8/12 incident report by Moab, UT PD confirms that each had their own cell phone.

As he claims to be so anti-technology, is there a possibility he doesn’t have his own phone and persuaded her to let him use hers for insta and calling his parents?

Could help explain his seeming lack of previous social media usage or online presence, and also, more of a stretch, but possibly relate to the uncle’s quote marks around the “her” in ‘“her” phone” in his timeline? I know the quote marks already make sense, due to them not believing it was in her possession at that time, but I’ve also known weird couples who have “our phone” and “our facebook account”: and GP & BL, as we know, had “our van”.

The police report states that they both had phones

Remembering myself at 22...... I could not have traveled with my then love of my life for months on end

I might add, I agree this is a generational thing. My daughter has anxiety and panic disorder since she was pre-adolescent. GAD is not something that you can self diagnose. In her case it is controlled with medication and on/off therapy when she is stressed. (Nursing school). My daughter would not be able to travel months alone with just her boyfriend with her diagnosis. I hear of and know of so many young people in their 20's speak of panic attacks and anxiety. Hard to know if they were diagnosed or self diagnosing. In any event, to me this trip was causing maybe real anxiety and it was magnifying each and every day.
Ditto my daughter...and no it's not generational. It's primarily hereditary.

It doesn’t make sense to me either. I wonder (total speculation) if he told his parents about the police incident and they told him to get himself home right away to get some distance. That would make more sense as to why he was gone for a week. Time to cool off and then decide to go back and get GP.

The excuse of moving things in and/or out of storage doesn’t make sense economically. It also doesn’t take that long to move things from one place to the other.

The bottom line to me is - moving items stored 2500 miles away doesn’t constitute an emergency but almost getting arrested in a DV incident just might in the eyes of concerned parents.

IMO
Now that you put it like that, maybe the duration was to cool off as you say, but the storage unit was to solidify the decision to break things off. Fortify the decision to end things, no turning back. Maybe his parents thought things had reached a point of unhealthiness that they made it clear the two of them would not be living there together anymore. But then when he returned to pick GP up & drive back home, things escalated & a violent end ensued. Speculation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni