Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean he had a lawyer long before they knew he was even home? As in JP retained a lawyer regarding Gabbys disappearance before they knew BL was home? To that point, when did they actually find out he made it home with the van without her? Was it after they had contacted police? I can’t even imagine what her poor parents must have been going through at that time.. and still.

BL had a lawyer before the family knew she was missing. MOO

curious does anyone know about the last thing BL was seen wearing. "if" he was smart he would have worn something like camo or green. . .just to blend in to the preserve.

Sounds like Brian's parents still aren't cooperating with the investigation.

Not surprised by any means. The girl LIVED in their home and the fact that they didn't even call the parents to say, "Hey, is Gabby okay? Brian came home without her, just want to make sure she made it to where she was going okay."

I know that it's easy to say what I would have done in that situation and think others should do the same, but in this case...I can't understand how they don't seem to care for Gabby's well being considering she lived under their roof and seemed close to the sister and her kids at least.

Here's a short MSM piece mentioning the possible trail camera photo of BL near Baker, FL. The photo was from early yesterday morning (9/20/21, 6:17 am)

OCSO addresses social media speculation of possible Brian Laundrie sighting | WKRG

The photo does look kind of like him. Some have compared the backpack to whatever is on the seat of the dashcam video of the white van in the Spread Creek Dispersed campsite.

On the other hand, the trail cam photo is very dim and could easily be of some other guy. And now the FBI is searching in the Carlton Reserve. So they probably don't think it was BL near Baker.

JMO

Last edited:
Of course I cant find the source or article now, but I read yesterday that a traffic camera did catch the Van entering North Port on September 1 at approximately 10:26 am, so that is showing that he did go back to Florida for how long who knows.
Those cameras are at every interstate exit and are amazing! I recently learned how much and it's worth a Google rabbit hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the autopsy today, most abuse related murders are in the heat of the moment and are usually the result of blunt force trauma or strangulation. Of course there are exceptions to the rule. My bets are that we have an official ID, MOD, and COD. Once that happens there is a good chance that an arrest warrant will be issued. All moo.

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything
I think there is some question whether the hitchhiking incident is legit. Gabby's mom says there's no way based on the time table that they have nailed down.

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

IMO I completely agree. The drive one must have to take that trip on by yourself is intense. At the very earliest he would have started the drive later evening of the 29th if we can assume that Miranda Baker and her fiancé were correct in their account.

Intense but doable because it gives him evening of the 29th, all of 30th, all of 31st and early morning hours of 1st until 10:26am to do about a 36 hour drive.

While I can see some of this - him not telling them, him going to CR. It was said that Police (not sure if it was LE or park police) left a note to move the car. Not sure how the parents knew this. They move the car on Wednesday. But to me the rest just seems off with their demeaner. They don't come right out and give the full details - when he left, how, the car pickup, etc....If you were concerned about someone's welfare, are you going to hold back information and then sit inside and not try to figure out if they could be other places that LE isn't searching? I don't know, at this point the craziness doesn't stop so anything is possible...IMO
We don't know what they have been telling LE. I don't want to look protective of that family but we actually know next to nothing about what they knew, what they have reported to LE, when they contacted a lawyer, etc Most of what many think we know is conjecture and hearsay. And what facts we actually have soon becomes twisted into misinformation by the "telephone tag" effect

Not surprised by any means. The girl LIVED in their home and the fact that they didn't even call the parents to say, "Hey, is Gabby okay? Brian came home without her, just want to make sure she made it to where she was going okay."

I know that it's easy to say what I would have done in that situation and think others should do the same, but in this case...I can't understand how they don't seem to care for Gabby's well being considering she lived under their roof and seemed close to the sister and her kids at least.
No kidding! This is unreal. My son is married and if he lost his wife...well, he'd be a mess. But no, I wouldn't be carrying on as usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member