Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the FBI said was only in reference to the search for BL. It could just be semantics at this point. I am not going to get excited until there is something to get excited about and we get clear confirmation.

The FBI wouldn't have jurisdiction over a Florida person missing in Florida. That's why NPPD is the one who obtained those search warrants over the van last week. The FBI has jurisdiction when a federal crime occurs or a crime occurs on federal land (which by statute gives the feds jurisdiction)

ETA: This is just my opinion so I don't know what their actual reasoning is. I just like jurisdiction issues!

Honestly, I think there must be people out there who (unless they can help their kid abscond), might rather have their kid in mortal danger, either by suicide or the elements, rather than going to prison. I wonder if the Laundrie family could possibly be ok with this?

What I am struggling with is how they might have received their son, returning with Gabby’s van, but without Gabby? The most benign explanation would have to have been something like “Gabby and I broke up and she told me I could keep the van.” As a parent, you’d have to be going “wait-what??” So his parent knew early on that something bad happened-as in, they knew even before Gabby’s mom started calling and texting, that Gabby was dead. I struggle with the Laundrie family being totally ok with letting Gabby’s family fear for her safety all of that time, when they surely knew Gabby was dead. What did BL’s family gain in all of that time? A few more precious days with their son? Certainly. Time to get him out of harm’s way? Possibly.
Yes- why aren't they out there on megaphones calling for their son to surrender to police? As one example...

Coroner expected to release autopsy report for body believed to be Gabby Petito

A coroner in Wyoming is expected to release preliminary results of an autopsy for a body believed to be Gabby Petito, a 22-year-old who was reported missing after her fiancé returned home from a cross-country road trip without her.

Brent Blue, the Teton County Coroner, told CBS News the autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Blue said autopsies usually take one to two hours, but if microscopic data is needed, it may take longer and it is unlikely to be fully completed today.

When the autopsy is completed, the FBI's field office in Denver will release any findings, Blue said.

I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, Fl strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie, authorities have been contacted but people in the North West Florida area be on the look out," a Facebook user named Sam Bass wrote last night about the picture taken at 6:17 a.m. local time Monday morning.

"Obviously we will keep everyone in the loop if and when there is anything to report," the sheriff's office added.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...ng-possible-laundrie-sighting-on-trail-camera
Is there a profile photo of Brian that we can compare? Can't tell but trail camera guy looks stockier, jmo. But there is a definite resemblance though.

Yeah, whatever the source of this information, I've got to believe that they believe there's a good chance he's there.

People were questioning how they knew he arrived in Florida on the 1st. It turned out a license plate reader and witness sightings were the source, and not the family.

Likewise, I don't believe it's merely the family's statement that they are going off in regards to this particular search.

So even if he's not there, I believe he was there.
Hi @MassGuy I have seen you post over the years and always respect your observations. I don’t post a lot but I am obsessed with this case as her dad lives in my town and I have a daughter her age. I do not think he is there. My new working theory is that when the mustang disappeared last week was him dropping a go bag in the park. I now think the picture that was taken a couple hours before the parents filed the missing persons report was him and then sent him off before they called. Their attorney did an interview about the car being being moved on Thursday and I know by stalking Brian entin the reporter that is untrue. The fbi is in charge today and they entered the park from the back instead - which is opposite of where the car was parked and closer. Now he’s likely on a trail cam in north Florida. That photo the hairline and many thing fit. I wish I could work flight aware better and see what’s happening in north Florida/ south Alabama & Georgia area.

Just some thoughts rumbling around in my head...
- Say, Brian did, in fact, arrive at his parents' home on Sept. 1-2.
-"Mom! You gotta help me! I'm in so much trouble! Something happened to Gabby!"
- "Oh! my baby! Of course! We'll do whatever you need." So they find a PASSPORT COUNTERFEITER. ..Use their retirement money, get him new IDs, new passport, fake name, bleach his eyebrows , mustache, and beard, dressy casual clothes, fly him somewhere with cash, on Sept. 4-5.

-Then all those false leads about where he's gone.

-So, by now, he's already settled in Mazatlan.

I really can't get my head around what he was doing out there near where her body was found.

I'm reading a lot of things on these threads from people thinking he's some master planner, strategically trying to throw people off his scent by creating fake alibies, hitchhiking multiple times, driving 2400 miles in 36 hours, lawyering up immediately without saying a word to anyone, slipping out in the dead of night to leave his house, and evading capture with all of 2021's technology looking for him....so here's something to consider:

Why did he leave her body out in the open, uncovered, 100% would have been found within a short period of time, when he had a literal body transport vehicle they were living in? <modsnip> he would have put the body in the van, drove it somewhere that they WERE NOT, in a different state, and left it there, pushed it into a body of water, something. <modsnip> To me it looks like he put ZERO effort into covering up what he supposedly did.

So how do you reconcile his genius master plan with leaving her body there? Makes no sense. Something happened to her, but I honestly do not think he purposefully hurt her. Something does not add up. <modsnip>
I agree he was unlikely to have a master plan. But I think there's a lot more fear about driving around with a body than most people can handle. He'd already been stopped by police. Just knowing what he had in the back could lead to literally paralyzing fear, especially since he had no idea where to take it, being a stranger to the region.

The body was not discovered for 3 weeks, and only then because police had narrowed down the search area so precisely. He probably didn't think anyone would ever know they'd been there.

The FBI wouldn't have jurisdiction over a Florida person missing in Florida. That's why NPPD is the one who obtained those search warrants over the van last week. The FBI has jurisdiction when a federal crime occurs or a crime occurs on federal land (which by statute gives the feds jurisdiction)

Thanks for clarifying! I am a bit all over the place today! :eek:

100% they knew at 10:45 am when their son pulled into the driveway with Gabby's van alone, they knew. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation. IMO

I don't know why you say 100%. The friend, Rose, said GB would spend the night with her when they had a fight (maybe 7-10 times i think the quote said) His parents would know that she would spend the night elsewhere when they had a fight since she lived in the house with them. He could have told them she went to stay with Rose instead of coming back with him. Its a huge leap from thinking "dang son, you must have really pissed her off" to "hmm I wonder if he left her dead body next to a creek somewhere"

Surely theres no way his parents would point them in his direction?
Murderer or Not, its their Son they're going to protect him?
Sadly, some parents might choose to remain silent about relevant information. (I understand that is their right.)
And we don't know yet what happened. All we know for certain is BL is missing.

One comment in the article that made me think again is when she said that she was surprised that the van was still there on Aug 28, as she thought that it would have been booted by then. Maybe that was BLs plan with his multi day hike and return to the van? After killing GP, his plan was to create an alibi for himself that he was hiking on his own while GP stayed back to work on the blog for a couple of days. While he was gone, he was banking on the authorities towing his "abandoned van" since it was not parked in a designated spot. His plan was to finally return from his hike to shockingly find that his fiancé and their van were both gone and he had no idea where either of them were and he'd call the police at that p0int. When he returned from his 2 day hike, he was surprised and disappointed that the van was still there and his plan was ruined.
I like this theory. But let me add a twist to it. What if it wasn't the van that he was hoping to not be there when he got back from hike? What if it was Gabby that wasn't there?

What if he was hoping wildlife (bears, wolves) would have disspersed her body so bad that there was no way forensics could have determined how she died? Then he could of just called LE or park ranges, told them he went on a 3 day hike while she was working on her blog and when he returned, she wasn't there?
He went looking for her, found her and calld park rangers. Perfect alibi?

Instead he comes back and she is untouched by wildlife, freaks out and flee's.

Thanks for clarifying! I am a bit all over the place today! :eek:

No it's a good point and JB and crew are confused too. It definitely wasn't the most clear statement. I am just picking up crumbs from who issued the search warrants last week (NPPD) and when the FBI seems to have "officially" taken over (when they found Gabby). But honestly who knows, there's always a little bit of tension between state and federal partners determining who is leading a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong