Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer is not strictly real estate. I suspect he’s been their family attorney for quite awhile. That is what is he most known for locally… being a family / personal attorney.

Thats been my supposition all along. They have used him before for anything a normal family might need an attorney for, real estate, wills, etc, and when they found out she was missing they had his card handy. Putting myself in their shoes, and I had decided that I was a heartless ruthless human being, and my son told me upon arrival on Sep 1 that he had killed his girlfriend, I would think this would be a situation that would need more than just setting up a trust fund or something. I might call that lawyer to get a recommendation but I would have someone else lined up 10 days later when LE shows up.

I don't think his parents knew. I thank he spun them a pretty good story as to why he was back and she wasn't. I think his mon and dad are just totally blindsided by this and have just been blundering around in their protection of their son. I am having a hard time imagining that someone who had time to plan his daring escape could make such ridiculous statements about when the car was gone, especially since they knew they were under constant media surveillance since Wednesday morning. They probably can't even keep track of what today is much less what they did a couple days ago.

I can believe that BL came home and made up a story and they believed him. They seem like enablers, so I can see how BL would manipulate them.

All of this stops the second Gabby's mom tries to make contact. THEY ignored her, not BL, all of them. At that point you have to know something is up. Something is wrong. This person that lived with your family for 2 years is nowhere to be found.

I don't know how much information BL's parents had in the beginning, but as the days went on and as Gabby's mom contacted them, they had to know something wasn't right. They could've done the right thing. Instead they've been doing everything to help BL. They feel no moral obligation, no love for Gabby or her family. And at this point they can't play innocent. They can't say they are blindsided.

MOO they knew something was wrong from the second BL came home. Gabby lived with them. They had to have seen how he treated her, what their relationship was like. IMO they were/are either in denial or their own relationship is just as toxic and they're trying to cover all of their asses by staying silent.

Concerning the Trail Cam...

There is a remarkable resemblance to BL, but what sells it for me is the backpack! It seems to be the same one in the drivers seat of the Transit of the footage captured by the couple in the RV. I'd certainly divert some manpower to track the guy down.

Carlton is a deliberate red herring diversion to buy time.

Also, IMO, the cops seized an empty gun case (new here and no way could I hope to go back and find the vid link)...once he's cornered it will be suicide or suicide by LE.

Such a sad, sad story that could've been prevented.

IMO

The mustang thing is really weird. Why, if the parents expected him home from a "hike", would they go take his car away? They see the note to move it from authorities, so take it home on Wed (as per reporter). But they don't say anything to anyone for 2 days? They don't worry that he's missing, & immediately reach out? It makes absolutely no sense!
Pfft. They have told numerous stories....they did not notify police that he was "missing" until Friday!!! But there are photos of the mustang in the driveway on weds morning. go figure.....................

There is a Coast Guard base right on the Alabama/Mississippi line, so maybe that has something to do with those. Although, the Sheriff's Department or Mobile Police Department did say they were investigating all potential sightings.
Sorry if not allowed, first post here :) I’ve been watching for helicopters and it looked to be a coast guard helicopter searching the southern alabama/Mississippi state line. No clue if it’s related, but there are quite a few coast guard helicopters in the area.

I'm curious and don't have a clear answer. Will Brian's parents be held accountable is they've withheld information from investigators. I ask because I don't remember Casey Anthony's parents ever being held accountable for covering for Casey.

The answer to that question depends on what exactly the parents' knowledge of a crime was, and when they learned such info. See: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine.

Gabby should be alive and happy, with her whole life ahead of her. It's devastating that she isn't.

But I really hope that Gabby's legacy is to improve the training of police officers, park rangers and dispatchers to help them deal with similar circumstances better in future, not just in tourist areas, but across the US.

More information needs to be made available at National Parks and campsites, providing ways to access help and support if required. This information needs to be inside toilet facilities too, as this may be the only time vulnerable people are alone and able to safely access help.

Abusive relationships occur in every walk of life, but whilst travelling can be a wonderful experience, we've learned that it can also be extremely stressful and significantly increase the vulnerability of people who may be hundreds of miles away from their usual support system.

It would be a fitting tribute if she could be remembered for her spirit of adventure and how she brought about change that could save lives.

A “signs of abuse” publication would be nice. She may not have realized his behavior or at least the nonphysical abuse was abusive. I lived through an abusive situation that usually wasn’t physical and I thought everything I had experienced was normal until my attorney sent me some publications. I was shocked when I found out none of my friends were prohibited from having privacy, monitored, etc.

Oh, I do believe she was physically abusing him too. I said from the start about the bloody marks on his face in the bodycam. What I'm referring to is B's behavior in the past toward G as reported by G's bff, things like that. But yeah, bottom line for me is she's dead, he's on the run. That says a lot. But when I first watched it? I thought he was a likeable guy, except for some red flags. I see things now in hindsight, & I feel more for the LE who didn't catch signs even as trained professionals.
I think the whole situation was misunderstood from the start. From what I've read the witness who called in the report said he saw the MALE hit the FEMALE. When they were pulled over, you could tell the cops initially thought he was the issue. They wanted her out first and safe in the cop car. They wanted they keys away from him and on the hood. But then they started talking. And she voluntarily admitted, essentially, that she was the aggressor. And it was just a blow up and she was sorry. She didn't mean to hurt him. He didn't seem upset, he didn't want to press charges. From the discussions you could hear on the body cam footage, the cops ultimately came to the conclusion that this was an argument that blew up and out of the norm. Young kids stuck on the road together. Let's give them a break. The cops didn't rush thru the process, they were there for over an hour. I can see how they ultimately swayed the other direction. Unfortunately, they are not mental health professionals and thus, likely, would not see the subtleties of the abuse in this situation.

What I am confused about is the Ranger that came out and said she told Gabby she was in a toxic relationship and needed to get out. Why wasn't she speaking up about her opinion on the situation with the other cops? Or maybe she did when the sound is turned off a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member