Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here...

-Someone asked about seeing a skateboard in the back of the van. See nothing odd about that as their video on YouTube shows them in Santa Monica. Plenty of skateboarding opportunities there.

<modsnip>

The scenario in my mind is that this growing tension and wedge between them lead to fight after fight, more physical, and an accident happened and she was killed. <modsnip>

-I don’t see him as someone who had planned this all along. He knew they were on the police cameras, he was even concerned that going to jail, would be on her record.

I know this may not be popular, but it’s my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody…Why no change to “suspect” yet? Or is this to follow now that it’s officially been declared a homicide? MOO

I think it's fairly normal. I recall the same thing happening on the JJ and Tylee thread when their remains were found. I'm always glad the photos are just thumbnails, and I don't click them to see clearer.

Like you, it's not my thing, but I understand how others might be interested.

As a participant in both case discussions, I feel like the primary reason for interest in the pictures when it arises, is because people are looking to confirm COD/trying to infer it from the burial site. I don't think it's prurient ghoulish curiosity.

Maybe in other places on the Internet, but not in WS, where people have mostly gathered to discuss these issues seriously, and those who haven't because they don't understand site culture frowns upon doing so humorously or trivially before they joined, are soon gone, IMO.

Hey everyone!

Long-time lurker here. I’m a DV survivor so probably quite biased in some of my views here, but the first thing that struck me about BL was how much I DIDN’T think he’d done anything nefarious to GP at first… which, in my experience, probably means that he DID. I’m a sucker for an abusive man, apparently. My sad dating history contains red flag after red flag that I failed to spot. It was only after other people pointed it out that I recognised the ‘signs’ that GP+ BL could have been in an abusive/toxic relationship.

With regards to BL’s parents, I have a little theory based on my own sorry abusive marriage.

Disclaimer: Gabby is the victim here 100%. I’m not suggesting otherwise.

What if BL simply told his parents what we’ve seen in the body cam LE video? GP was the self-confessed “aggressor”, the police put HIM in a DV-associated hotel (from what I can make out) and not HER. I don’t have children so I can’t speak personally, but if my theoretical son were to come to me and tell me that his girlfriend had been violent to him, he had been left with physical marks (?) on his body (that could’ve been photographed & sent/shown to them as evidence), and LE were on HIS side, putting HIM in a safe place while she stayed in the van — I’d be inclined to believe him. Wouldn’t there also be some kind of paperwork showing that LE supported that version of events?

So, BL’s parents pay for him to get to safety — back to them in Florida. (The flights where BL was supposedly clearing something out of storage?) Time apart works wonders and all that. Perhaps they were worried that violence would escalate even further on one or both sides if BL + GP continued the trip together in that kind of mind frame, so separated them in the same way that the police did. Maybe they’ve even seen “scuffles” between GP + BL before with their own eyes and know that separating them for a while is the best option. Maybe they even paid for GP to have the hotel room she stayed in, that they were seen coming out of.

GP + BL reconcile via phone, have some chats, decide to give things another go. He flies back to Utah, meets up with GP, and carries on with the trip. A couple of days later, a big fight erupts again.

*Something bad happens + GP ends up, sadly, deceased*

BL tells his parents that violence has happened again from GP so their first thought is to get him to safety. They won’t automatically assume that BL has done something unpleasant to GP because of what they already think they know. Maybe he tells them that the police were involved a second time and GP was the “aggressor” again.

It doesn’t excuse or properly explain their behaviour OF COURSE, but it could explain why they initially didn’t want to speak out. Maybe they only know *that* particular LE stop part of the story — which, by the paperwork and outcome, appears to be true to then. And possibly why they might have called a lawyer (and not the right kind of lawyer?) right off the bat. Advice? Should BL press charges against GP? Recouping vacation costs? *shrugs*

I think I also read that GP’s family may not have known about BL’s trip back. (Apologies if I’m wrong.) That, again, makes sense to me — GP wouldn’t have wanted to tell her family about his solo part of the trip back to Florida because it would mean admitting that she was the aggressor and was violent towards BL and they took HIM away for his safety.

I’m genuinely leaning towards BL’s parents not knowing the whole story to begin with. He potentially manipulated LE… Would it really be a stretch to think he could manipulate his parents too? Maybe they just thought he was heartbroken until GP’s family started asking questions and then BL did a runner? He could even have told them that she made her way back to her mum/dad’s place.

I don’t know what to think about BL. I see both sides — snapped and potentially killed by accident vs. stone cold abusive SOAB. I think he’s guilty of something. Why would he run otherwise? I think it’s very likely he’s no longer with us.

I do have a question for the legally minded of you: Would the investigation still be a “murder” investigation if the police thought it genuinely was an accidental death/manslaughter-type situation? I haven’t noticed anyone mentioning the actual word despite a body being found.
This, IMO, is such an insightful post.
I think my BBM is entirely possible, IN THE BEGINNING.
We also have to keep in mind that Gabby lived with them for 2 years.
If he was slick, he never showed his abusive side to his parents. They may have even thought that Gabby was needy and demanding, at times.
The family dynamics will eventually be revealed over time.
And, it is quite possible his parents will be found to be complicit in this ongoing saga.
It is just incredibly sad all around.
MOO.

JMO…I can’t get a read on this guy or his family, usually the killer will speak or have his friends come out and speak like who is he?! Did he have any friends besides gabby?? What was his life in Long Island like? Ugh it’s so strange to me I get a bad gut feeling about him! And his parents can’t get a read on them either :(
According to Gabby's girlfriend (article posted backthread) Brian was a loner who had no friends. I felt at the time this might be a somewhat harsh judgement, but now...with no one coming forward or no one researched out by the media--I believe it is probably true.

The way they mention complicity in this post makes me think they have their eyes on either Brian’s excuses or his parents. MOO OOMB
https://twitter.com/wflaniko/status/1440424115509215236?s=21

.@FBI says it remains dedicated to ensuring anyone responsible for or complicit in #GabbyPetito’s death is held accountable. The positive identification comes as the search continues for #BrianLaundrie— the only person of interest. MORE on @WFLA. bit.ly/3nVCc38

Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1440421552042897415?s=21

Terrible news. But at least I can stop trying to keep an open mind about what happened. Except for that last teeny tiny remnant of possibility it was a stranger. Its been exhausting and gut checking trying to maintain the beyond all doubt point of view.

FBI Denver
@FBIDenver

·
2m

Replying to
@FBIDenver
Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.

"manner of death is homicide"

Not a suicide. They found some indication of homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74