Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me.

The Bethunes and the part they played in this are going to stay with me for a long while. Not just because another van-life v-logging couple were the means of cracking the case and finding her, but also that they started their RV life as a way to deal with the loss of one of their own children, Ethan. The day they filmed the van was actually the anniversary of his death. I keep thinking of how Jenn Bethune said that when Gabby's mother called to thank her, they cried together in a way that only mothers who have lost children could understand.

God bless the Bethunes for their sharp eyes and willingness to help, and God bless Jenn Bethune for being able to bring comfort to Gabby's mother during such a terrible time. The world sometimes seems full of evil, but there is divine grace and mercy for our suffering hearts.

Could not agree more, this post..

I wonder if the murder weapon was a rock and perhaps the coroner examined her and knew what shape the rock was and maybe that was what they went back to look for near her body. Also, no one commits suicide by hitting themselves with a rock, so it would explain the coroner knowing that it was a homicide.

Personally, I think he's alive, for 2 reasons. 1. I think if he were to have died by suicide, it would have been virtually immediately after whatever occurred. 2. It appears to me he bought some time to go into hiding.

That said, it's very possible he might be prepared to do something drastic, if he's cornered.
I'm not so sure myself.

I think he disassociated himself from what happened in Wyoming, once he was home. Home is familiar territory, very far away from that national park. It didn't happen, I wasn't there, leave me alone....going on bike rides with mom.

Or/and he had a certain confidence no one would find her in that huge area. People would just think she took off and maybe he told his parents that....they obviously questioned him, as did the lawyer.

I think once it became a huge story which he probably never expected, and those mobs screaming outside, public pleas by Gabby's family, news, reporters, FBI etc. he got scared.

Now he knows he is being hunted, wherever he is, and I think if he's in those swamps he very likely is dead, or will be soon be out of desperation or when faced with a bunch of LE's weapons.

I
As a participant in both case discussions, I feel like the primary reason for interest in the pictures when it arises, is because people are looking to confirm COD/trying to infer it from the burial site. I don't think it's prurient ghoulish curiosity.

Maybe in other places on the Internet, but not in WS, where people have mostly gathered to discuss these issues seriously, and those who haven't because they don't understand site culture frowns upon doing so humorously or trivially before they joined, are soon gone, IMO.

absolutely second this. My interest is hopes of helping not harming.

I wonder if the murder weapon was a rock and perhaps the coroner examined her and knew what shape the rock was and maybe that was went they went back to look for near her body. Also, no one commits suicide by hitting themselves with a rock, so it would explain the coroner knowing that it was a homicide.
Once I saw the creek bed and how gravelly it is, I think you might be on to something.

Every time we go through this I keep hoping up to this moment that the person is somehow alive. This always makes it so final. I expect we'll soon see an arrest warrant for Brian.
I feel the same way- I searched for Caylee knowing she was gone because of the trunk in the car image and the smell- but Faye and Lizzie and so many others - I hoped she broke free from him and was in hiding … but I knew better - poor Gabby - her family (and all of us) are devastated
JMO

I have been waiting not so patiently all day for the FBI to say homicide.

I hope they nail everyone responsible and complicit in not only Gabby's death but making her parents wait that agonizing amount of time to find out what happened to their baby.
#JusticeforGabby

Good thinking..that could also explain why they mentioned complicity, in case it’s determined that she fell and hit her head or something and was left there. MOO /speculation
I wonder if the murder weapon was a rock and perhaps the coroner examined her and knew what shape the rock was and maybe that was went they went back to look for near her body. Also, no one commits suicide by hitting themselves with a rock, so it would explain the coroner knowing that it was a homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998