Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a dumb question.

The medical examiner can usually tell from the body, something major. We do not know the state her body was in when found, without being graphic. They send samples out for testing, including toxicology (which is standard) that takes time getting back from labs. The ME also takes into consideration the investigation and what they find, and this is an ongoing investigation at this point. We all have to be patient.

Also - even assuming apparent injuries -
if for example she has a broken hyoid and bruising, and a big chunk out of her skull, it would still take more than a minute which thing caused the actual death vs unconsciousness or severe injury.

Substitute in any number of other possible types damage to her body.

From the video I saw a few days ago, the tent was setup away from the body and then carried over by a group in the upright position to place presumably over the body. They looked to set it up maybe 30-50 feet away.

I'm guessing it's as simple as not wanting to disturb the crime scene while trying to put up the tent.

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but is the body supposed to be under the tent or is that just shade for the searchers?

May I ask a question? The threads move so fast (as you all know), that when I leave the computer I can't find the answer to my questions. My last input was about the "deer cam" which may have shown Brian in a small town. A guy who was tall,bald with a backpack. I'd like to know how to find the newest pages without going through a few hundred to get to it? Any suggestions? And was the deer cam explained?

Okaloosa County deputies clear report of possible Brian Laundrie sighting
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office posted a message on Facebook Tuesday morning, confirming it was "checking out" the report. A few hours later, deputies said nothing of note was located:

The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to include nearby farmlands. No one - and nothing - of note was located. The individual referenced in the post below has no known ties to our area.

May I ask a question? The threads move so fast (as you all know), that when I leave the computer I can't find the answer to my questions. My last input was about the "deer cam" which may have shown Brian in a small town. A guy who was tall,bald with a backpack. I'd like to know how to find the newest pages without going through a few hundred to get to it? Any suggestions? And was the deer cam explained?
Type your keyword in the top right search bar and click on the "search this thread" checkbox

If he were an adult with a concsience and had remorse, he would have turned himself in long ago. He has cost many law enforcement agencies a lot of money to look for him as well as for Gabby.
If he truly loved her, he would have turned himself in right away and called for help for her. A normal person does not leave a loved one out in the elements for animals and the climate to deal with. Is that how her parents should see her next? If he did this, he is either running, hoping to get away with it or he has committed suicide. If the latter is the case, I hope he confessed to his parents and I hope they have the decency to tell her parents what happened. The rest of us don't need to know, but privately, her parents do.
If he is running, he needs to know, he will be caught. In this day and age, under the scrutiny of cameras everywhere, and super sleuths online, he will be found. He won't sleep peacefully ever again knowing what he did. His life will forever be a living hell. Running is selfish. His parents' lives are ruined. His sister, sharing those beautiful postcards, what are she and her family going through? His running is making his loved ones suffer. If he is alive, it's time to go home and turn himself in. He needs to be a man and face the consequences of his actions. If he was old enough to drive cross country and live the van life, and old enough to have a fiance, then he needs to be old enough to be an adult, be a man and face the reality and consequences for his actions. No more playing hide and seek.
100% this!!! I couldn’t agree with you more!!!

SBM:
People use the term 'OCD' easily and lightly when they are describing their need for tidyness

...Or your gaslighting fiancé dismisses your need for tidiness and has repeatedly led you to believe that you "have OCD" and "are crazy" and your completely normal (and necessary in a small van on a cross-country road trip!) requests that he keep things tidy too are completely unreasonable. Prob, "See how you are crying about this? Your anxiety has made you crazy!"

Instead of it being about him devaluing her needs, he slyly makes it about her "being mean" to him, and suddenly he's now the victim.

Gaslighting is a true brainwarp and you don't even realize its happening. Well, my experience, anyway. I'm sure I am projecting my own experiences on that, too. MOO.

Rest in Paradise, sweet Gabby.

It’s back in thread 22 and most people including myself thought it did not look like him.

WatsonMyGoodMan said:
First arrests: Laundrie parents (my prediction. MOO MOO MOO)

That would put pressure on BL.

VanLifeLady said:
"Maybe, but as with Casey Anthony, this guy doesn’t seem the type to care too much if his parents take the heat."

WatsonMyGoodMan said:
Great point. But, I think his parents are in more legal jeopardy than hers.

Like most here, I believe BL killed GP, sadly, ending a very toxic relationship. My perceptions, like others, are guided by my life experiences. But part of what I like on WS is to separate my personal biases from the interpretation of the facts, especially an odd set.

...SBM...

Option 2. What if after another one of their toxic 'fights' GP takes off from the van, parked where we saw it on the dashcam 8/27. She leaves to go for a walk to be alone - in a state of despair, crying and confused. In this case, it might be BL who is in the van (sandals on ground match, right) when the door closes between 6-6:30pm.

... in this scenario, what if GP doesn't come back that night, and BL starts to get worried? He goes looking for her the next day, and finds her in the creek bed where LE found her. She has committed suicide. He panics, calls Mom, she calls attorney who advises he hightail home. All this under the guise of making sure he doesn't get blamed.

So as off the wall as this may sound, perhaps the BL family doesn't think he did anything wrong, at least of any great importance, 'He didn't kill Gabby, they may think... but he sure will be blamed for her death... so we'll welcome him home and help him hide for a while'.

I don't like what I just wrote either, so please no tomatoes. I am just trying to respect the art of sleuthing by turning over the limited data we have, like a rubric square. o_O

She didn't commit suicide. Her manner of death is homicide. I suppose someone other than BL could have murdered her, but that would be a huge and wild coincidence. Also it's a campground where other people would probably have heard screams - if it was someone else who surprised her and killed her. If BL killed her, it likely came about in a DV situation where she may not have screamed. Especially if it was a situation where he knocked her out or strangled her.

What a terrible situation. I hope people, women especially, in toxic relationships learn something from this crime. I hope LE eventually tells us what kind of help women suffering from DV on a trip like this in a remote area can find and take advantage of. Gabby probably felt like, "what are my options? Where can I go? Maybe things will be OK tomorrow." No one seemed to prioritize helping her. Separating them was not the same as helping her.

IMHO

Are the alligators/snakes aggressive in this area? I am not from Florida. Curious if he could reasonably avoid this wildlife for a week+ or if that is unlikely
Yes. You could literally hike the entire Florida Trail and see hundreds of alligators, dozens of snakes, and if you're lucky a bear or a panther, and never have one scratch from any of them on your body.

I think there will be a full autopsy, as hard as it is to imagine. I think LE will insist on it. Who knows what the full extent of the book of charges are they can try to pin him with, imo. But I gotta say, if I ever go missing, I want this crew at WS to hunt me down. There is *nothing* some of you shy away from, & I admire your courage & intelligence. I've learned a lot in like 4 days. Edit to say, and if that involves asking to view my body as it lays there on a tarp behind crime scene tape, and you ladies are willing to put yourself thru that to catch my killer, god bless you, and thanks a million. I don't care because I'm dead anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member