Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

Has LE issued an arrest warrant for BL yet?

LinasK, MsBetsy, gliving and 2 others like this.

2. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

Also - even assuming apparent injuries -
    if for example she has a broken hyoid and bruising, and a big chunk out of her skull, it would still take more than a minute which thing caused the actual death vs unconsciousness or severe injury.

Substitute in any number of other possible types damage to her body.

3. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

Maybe, but as with Casey Anthony, this guy doesn’t seem the type to care too much if his parents take the heat.

4. Here_I_Am

Here_I_Am Well-Known Member

From the video I saw a few days ago, the tent was setup away from the body and then carried over by a group in the upright position to place presumably over the body. They looked to set it up maybe 30-50 feet away.

I'm guessing it's as simple as not wanting to disturb the crime scene while trying to put up the tent.

Kdaiwes, TRB, Choochoobella and 7 others like this.
  5. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Okaloosa County deputies clear report of possible Brian Laundrie sighting
    The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office posted a message on Facebook Tuesday morning, confirming it was "checking out" the report. A few hours later, deputies said nothing of note was located:

The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to include nearby farmlands. No one - and nothing - of note was located. The individual referenced in the post below has no known ties to our area.

6. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

Type your keyword in the top right search bar and click on the "search this thread" checkbox

marypretzels, arrogantcat and mlhenn like this.
  7. Defendress

Defendress look for the helpers

100% this!!! I couldn’t agree with you more!!!

8. sandcastle00

sandcastle00 Well-Known Member

Are the alligators/snakes aggressive in this area? I am not from Florida. Curious if he could reasonably avoid this wildlife for a week+ or if that is unlikely

Midgie2, Suwannee and Newsjunkiejen like this.
  9. aim4thestars

aim4thestars Well-Known Member

Has there been any mention of BL leaving the state?

captdj and GRT like this.
  10. Sassafrass

Sassafrass Well-Known Member

You can walk across the border to Mexico. But the actions of LE right now suggest they think he is in FL.

MsBetsy and Cardinal47 like this.
  11. Arkark

Arkark Well-Known Member

SBM:
    ...Or your gaslighting fiancé dismisses your need for tidiness and has repeatedly led you to believe that you "have OCD" and "are crazy" and your completely normal (and necessary in a small van on a cross-country road trip!) requests that he keep things tidy too are completely unreasonable. Prob, "See how you are crying about this? Your anxiety has made you crazy!"

Instead of it being about him devaluing her needs, he slyly makes it about her "being mean" to him, and suddenly he's now the victim.

Gaslighting is a true brainwarp and you don't even realize its happening. Well, my experience, anyway. I'm sure I am projecting my own experiences on that, too. MOO.

Rest in Paradise, sweet Gabby.

12. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

I have faith in him that he’ll say something incredibly dumb and insensitive. He hasn’t let me down yet.

Tealgrove, VaBorn, teedie2 and 31 others like this.
  13. heed101

heed101 Well-Known Member

It’s back in thread 22 and most people including myself thought it did not look like him.

14. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

What came of the Mobile, AL sighting. I think I missed that and everything I look up is really inconsistent. Has he been sighted at all since…well…ever?

Alias Gray and Chestnutsunfish like this.
  15. WatsonMyGoodMan

WatsonMyGoodMan Active Member

WatsonMyGoodMan said:
    First arrests: Laundrie parents (my prediction. MOO MOO MOO)

That would put pressure on BL.

VanLifeLady said:
    "Maybe, but as with Casey Anthony, this guy doesn’t seem the type to care too much if his parents take the heat."

WatsonMyGoodMan said:
    Great point. But, I think his parents are in more legal jeopardy than hers.

16. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

They're not really aggressive unless they're hungry or if you're in their den. Otherwise they kinda just chill.

Paladine, VaBorn, punky941 and 2 others like this.
  17. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Nope. AFAIK all sightings outside of FL have been dismissed.

18. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

She didn't commit suicide. Her manner of death is homicide. I suppose someone other than BL could have murdered her, but that would be a huge and wild coincidence. Also it's a campground where other people would probably have heard screams - if it was someone else who surprised her and killed her. If BL killed her, it likely came about in a DV situation where she may not have screamed. Especially if it was a situation where he knocked her out or strangled her.

What a terrible situation. I hope people, women especially, in toxic relationships learn something from this crime. I hope LE eventually tells us what kind of help women suffering from DV on a trip like this in a remote area can find and take advantage of. Gabby probably felt like, "what are my options? Where can I go? Maybe things will be OK tomorrow." No one seemed to prioritize helping her. Separating them was not the same as helping her.

IMHO

19. GatorFL

GatorFL Well-Known Member

Yes. You could literally hike the entire Florida Trail and see hundreds of alligators, dozens of snakes, and if you're lucky a bear or a panther, and never have one scratch from any of them on your body.

Paladine, VaBorn, notmissing and 19 others like this.
  20. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

I think there will be a full autopsy, as hard as it is to imagine. I think LE will insist on it. Who knows what the full extent of the book of charges are they can try to pin him with, imo. But I gotta say, if I ever go missing, I want this crew at WS to hunt me down. There is *nothing* some of you shy away from, & I admire your courage & intelligence. I've learned a lot in like 4 days. Edit to say, and if that involves asking to view my body as it lays there on a tarp behind crime scene tape, and you ladies are willing to put yourself thru that to catch my killer, god bless you, and thanks a million. I don't care because I'm dead anyway. ;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.