Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it was anything in particular on the phone, it was the phone itself and what it represented. That phone was Gabby’s connection to people other than BL.

MOO: I believe BL drove off and left her at least once. I don’t buy the story that he went to Florida to clean out the storage unit. I believe he left her without anything but her phone and she had to get her parents to get her food and a hotel for a few days. I believe that she was resourceful enough to do that upset him because she wasn’t punished enough by this. I think he hated life in that van and saw her time in a hotel as a reprieve. So this time, he wanted to drive off and leave her without her cell phone or her belongings to really teach her a lesson. So he was going to take that phone to do it. When she fought back, he attacked her in public. MOO.

ETA: got the two events flip flopped, phone fight was before the hotel stay. But the point remains, he wanted to remove her access to other people.

Imagine living with a family that places you last. Imagine feeling like an outsider but dedicated to your commitments because you want to please. When you are inspired with the idea of becoming a travel blogger, your family far away support you but the family you are with are neutral "like, what ever" and provide no affirmation. I can imagine that Gabby found the energy and affirmation from her followers. Brian, and his family self contained. Perhaps, blaming Gabby for her adventure attention seeking and got herself in trouble and not acknowledging or minimizing their son's behavior. Imagine living with that, being convinced that you had a personality issue, too needy, too much attention to yourself. Brian's actions imply that he was so self consumed he could treat Gabby the way he did with distance and no empathy. Gabby probably didn't see this clearly. Whoever is helping Brian basically have taken the emotional relationship role of Gabby that would evolve until Brian gets fed up with them. The potential person the FBI is suggesting may be helping Brian.

Im under the same impression as you.

Cops find 'nothing of note' after possible Laundrie sighting

“The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to also include nearby farmlands and a search by drone,” the agency said. “No one — and nothing — of note was located.”

The agency said it doesn’t believe Laundrie has a relationship to anyone in the northwest Florida town, which is about 500 miles away from his home in North Port.

Florida sheriffs did 'extensive search' after trail cam caught potential Brian Laundrie sighting, but didn't find evidence it was him

A Florida sheriff's office said Tuesday that it conducted an "extensive search" after a person's trail camera captured a potential sighting of Gabby Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie - but investigators did not find any evidence that it was the missing man.

Police search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie continues - follow live

Police investigated trail cam footage that potentially captured an image of Brian Laundrie hiking, but determined there was no connection.
I'd be much more confident in LE's conclusion that the trail cam guy is not BL if they would have found the person and ID'ed him. JMO.

Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, tells Fox News on Wednesday that her parents will be issuing a statement when her body arrives home from Wyoming.

The development comes as the Teton County coroner tells Fox News’ Jeremy Copas that the 22-year-old's remains are still in his possession as forensic testing remains ongoing, including microscopic and toxicology examinations.

The coroner said the test results could be coming back in the next few days or weeks.

However, Petito’s body will not be given back to her family until the FBI allows it, the coroner added.
Gabby Petito: Cops zero in again on Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES
That's what I stated earlier. It is going to be a very long time before she gets to go home.

Respectfully, I could not disagree more. More young women fight back these days when they're verbally and physically assaulted though. There's so much shame that goes on with the victim in these circumstances. It's the abusive cycle that's difficult to free yourself from. Wish Gabby had known that she could leave and have a chance for a safer future.
I agree. Many years ago I had a boyfriend that I would frequently go on short out-of-state trips with. He started becoming more and more jealous, suspicious and controlling as time went on. On one trip he became angry about something and did a very similar thing to me that BL did to Gabby. We were in an area that I had never been to and I didn't know anyone there (this was way before cellphones). We were out of the car and he went back to the car and threatened to leave me there alone. I can still remember how terrified I was at the thought of being left alone and not knowing where I was. He had at one time hit me and broken my sunglasses. That was it. We finally got back home and I was done. I broke up with him and cut him out of my life. I have since looked back on that time in my life and wondered how I missed all the red flags. (He once showed me pictures of his mother with a bruised and swollen face from his father beating her.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searching4Answers2