Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda hope he offs himself and here is why: how are they going to prove he murdered her? He will get the best criminal defense attorney ( the publicity for the attorney will be worth not getting compensated)- and the defense will be this: we had an argument but when I left her there she was fine. Somebody else came along and killed her- how are they going to prove he did it? She was out in the elements so long there is probably no DNA that would be usable.

We don't know what type of forensic evidence they have but I do think it is a good case for a jury. You can explain means, motive, and opportunity.

Two young people with a documented history of DV travel to Bridger-Teton in a van. The van is spotted numerous times in Spread Creek between 8/26-8/30 - with not just eyewitness testimony, but video that can be authenticated. One person returns to Florida in the van, the other person is found dead in the spot they were last seen. Who done it?

I would not want to defend those facts to a jury even without knowing the forensic details. Unless you find something like significant DNA from a registered sex offender all over the crime scene, I think the question will be more was this premeditated murder one by BL or are there sufficient mitigating factors that would support a lower charge.

In the tent AFAIK.
I agree. Have to say after recently doing this as a family of 4, you get really really good at packing and unpacking a van when choosing to camp as opposed to cheap hotel (which can be cheaper than camping, if not close to free sites). And yes, often the van looks a HOT freaking mess. Just know there can be a sort of method to the perceived madness, and sometimes, depending on fast you want to get rolling, the only method is throw it all in and go and figure it out later.

I agree on the picture. I'm not sure on the exact location of the picture. Is that a place people would even be, let alone at 6:00 AM dressed like that person is?
i thought the same . . .it's awesome that the edited version of the van video made mention of the white object on the seat . when i looked at deer cam and saw that knapsack i was thinkinng 'how coincidental'. And if deer cam guy is part of the world of 2021 why wouldn't he come forward and say 'it's me....not BL'. 6:17 AM walking isn't weird, but all the details around it are.

I have been pretty clear that I have no love for this guy but it looks like the photos were user submitted. (Like by reviewers, not by the attorney).
Most likely you're correct, that is a feature of Yelp. (They've removed the ability to post anything on his page right now though, because of the increased attention. Unfortunately it seems like they've also removed the ability to flag reviews, and I REALLY want to flag that 5-star review someone left!)

It’s the news helicopter. Flightradar24 and the live view are the same.

Yeah, that’s what I meant! I just don’t think they own the chopper, but it’s by the by, really, we at least know now that the one circling on both the flight radar apps and on 10 Tampa News (edit: And now Fox, for it’s second trip out,) are one and the same :)

I’m hoping trail cam guy (if not BL) gets off the trail long enough to see these posts and comes forward to say “it’s me not him!”

Exactly! I'm not convinced that it wasn't BL. The grainy, poor-quality photo that has been crudely enhanced looks a lot like him, and I do not detect the weight difference so much as I see artifacting from a poor quality image.

Let's say it wasn't... What creep is creeping around in the wilderness like that, on what I assume is someone else's land?

This has probably been discussed a million times already, but WHERE did his parents think Gabby was when BL came home?

<modsnip>
Why else would they not be concerned that he had returned home without her, got him lawyered up, and didn’t help her family when they were concerned. They still aren’t showing the typical human emotions of people concerned that their future daughter in law has been found dead.

I can understand they want to protect their son, but I don’t understand their lack of compassion or concern for Gabby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet we will see this as a defense when and if Brian goes to trial.
He could have used several credible defense tactics but IMO he panicked and everything he did after he murdered GP would serve as his undoing. JMO

https://twitter.com/robertshermantv/status/1440703347648983051?s=21

The latest on the #GabbyPetito story and the search for #BrianLaundrie.
1. FBI confirms remains of Petito
2. Initial cause of death determination is “homicide” (pending final autopsy)
3. Investigators putting large amounts of resources into finding Laundrie.

I'll have to go back but I thought the manner of death was homicide not cause of death determination. Thanks

@kkuizon
Happening now: the family attorney for Gabby Petito has sent a letter to the attorney of Brian Laundrie’s family asking for them to remove photos of Gabby from his Yelp page.
@fox13news
#gabbypetito

E_5u-rOVcAwGkZZ
Not sure how BL's attorney could shut down the page or remove the pic's if indeed it is not his own.

Most likely you're correct, that is a feature of Yelp. (They've removed the ability to post anything on his page right now though, because of the increased attention. Unfortunately it seems like they've also removed the ability to flag reviews, and I REALLY want to flag that 5-star review someone left!)

during big events or large swarming of users because of something like Gabby's case websites will restrict profiles of the people involved, mostly its to lower their own workload and a little bit to protect the actual people

PS - WFLA live stream crashed it'll be back shortly

Who said that? I did question whether he really went there in the rain, but I said nothing about mosquitos and didn't ask who'd do that. I questioned it because I think it was a ruse and he never went in there to begin with.
It was a synopsis of different replies to me and other posts. I didn't want it to appear as if I was calling anyone out and didn't want to get in a back and forth h about it. I just don't think he is really rational bal right now and hasn't been since it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288