Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe its possible they DO have the evidence to name him as a suspect and they are simply choosing not to at this time for reasons unknown to us.

This! I have said it before, and I will repeat it, this isn't some search for a missing person. It's a manhunt. I believe they aren't naming him a suspect for many reasons but won't be surprised if they do, whether they find him dead or alive. MOO

Gabby’s funeral on Sunday in Holbrook , NY Gabby Petito - Moloney Family Funeral Homes

So sad for the family... Did anyone else notice the date of death says 9/19? I wonder if the parents don't know the actual TOD yet or at least haven't been told, so they listed her date as the time she was found. Just interesting to note.

One does have to wonder how long they continue this....
I hope he is found. However, at some point resources will indeed be scaled back unless they are finding signs he is actively moving around within the reserve. JMO

This must be costing enormous amounts of money. I also wonder how long they will continue to search this area. I have to believe they wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket with this search without good reasons that we don't know about. Unless BL is found there soon, I don't foresee this going on too much longer.

There's no telling what BL may have told his parents re why Gabby is not back home -- She met someone and left me, I'm hurting; she wants some time alone out there, she expects me to return to pick her up next week, and I got homesick, blah-de-blah-de-blah.
...up until the point when she is declared missing and then...dead.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Laundrie's Florida neighbors say family appeared to go 'camping' after boyfriend returned from Wyoming

Laundrie's Florida neighbors say family appeared to go 'camping' after boyfriend returned from Wyoming
Hmm...
I'm also wondering if LE are interested in any of the neighbor's doorbell/house security footage ??
Was BL seen in person --for sure ?
Or just assumed he was with the family for the trip ?
Although, at this point I trust their neighbors' account, much more than the Laundries.
Brians' parents give me major trust issues.
Just my .02.
Imo.

Whether Brian was supporting himself or not, the discussion was brought up as to whether or not his parents were enabling him in any way ?
And I think it's relevant.
Not so much the still living at home --my friend lived at home until she was in her early twenties as she was finishing her rn courses and her parents lived in a college town. Saved on dorm expenses and food as well. ;)
Her parents were glad to have her and she still had a lot of freedom.

I do think BL showed some unhealthy traits that may have been ignored ?
Warning signs : Were there any earlier in his life ?
Imo.
Well, they are enabling him now. Probably always. What is up with parents enabling and protecting their criminal, abuser grown adult children? It's sick.

I know this has been said before, but I’ll say it again because I can’t stop thinking about it. There has to be SOMETHING at the Carlton Reserve for them to be searching so long and using all of the resources available. I just don’t think BL’s parked car and his parents telling them that’s where he went to go hiking would be enough to keep up this intense search in this one area. I could be wrong though.

I swore up and down that I thought there was no way BL would kill himself because he’s a narc, however, if BL is there, I really don’t see him being alive at this point.

I agree. That's a lot of manpower and $$$$. They keep coming back for a reason. JMO

I know this has been said before, but I’ll say it again because I can’t stop thinking about it. There has to be SOMETHING at the Carlton Reserve for them to be searching so long and using all of the resources available. I just don’t think BL’s parked car and his parents telling them that’s where he went to go hiking would be enough to keep up this intense search in this one area. I could be wrong though.

I swore up and down that I thought there was no way BL would kill himself because he’s a narc, however, if BL is there, I really don’t see him being alive at this point.

I agree. There's more than just the parents' word keeping them there IMO

Both GP and BL lived together at his parents house in FL. The van was registered to GP, but had BL’s parents address on it. So technically the van was parked at the “owners” home address when BL parked it in the driveway… thereby can’t charge him with a van that’s technically not missing from the owners home address.

Plus when they were pulled over by Utah police BL was driving the van, so he had her permission on multiple occasions to drive it.

They were not married not community property. Her name was on the registration and title it was HER VAN.

ALL.OF.THIS!!

they were NOT married. I don’t care if she never, ever, ever sat behind the wheel of that vehicle…it is in HER name and it is HER property.

If it were THEIRS, both of their names would be on the title. End.Of.

MO.

I think it’s relevant because it could lead to self defense theory.
Self defense is out the window after his behavior. Like they catch him, and his defense would be "Yes, I recall a few weeks back I did kill someone, took her van, drove across the country, refused to talk to her family or police, then disappeared. But that was all self defense, she was volatile."

Most of the reports use adjectives like "explosive," and "aggressive" but fail to include the bit that he was reportedly NOT yelling. I'd love to see an "explosive and aggressive" argument that didn't involve yelling. Sounds like a comedy bit, to be honest.

I agree. I think he was being intense. I've never had a student get loud or explosive, but I have had students get really intense. It's usually because they're determined to either be right about something or to make it clear that everyone else is wrong but them. It's not a mature look, but it is definitely something that 20-somethings still do. Typically, after being called out on it (in class), they will back down and later apologize. It's immature behavior.

<modsnip>

If Brian did go in and out four times, I myself would be asking to cancel my order or go out and wait for it to be packed, because I'm tired of all the instability in schools and public places. I don't think it's typical behavior - I think it's a signal that the person in question needs to go self-soothe or call their therapist or do whatever they need to do to settle down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone discussed/thought about if the incident happened in the van, and he moved the body, or if the incident happened out at the campsite?
I think the argument began in the front of the van and ultimately escalated to outside the van. If you look at the way the van is haphazardly parked, it looks like the driver just pulled over and didn't try to park it properly. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa