Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, he killed her right after this. This was the day Gabby had enough of his bullying, misogynist behavior. IMO, watching him verbally attack these women triggered something in her. The fact that she went back in to apologize for his behavior? And he knew she was ashamed of him?

That would do it.

MOO.

In all fairness folks who are chronically abused are used to apologizing for the actions of their partner. I don’t think GP “had enough”. I think he was just on a rager.

IMO, he killed her right after this. This was the day Gabby had enough of his bullying, misogynist behavior. IMO, watching him verbally attack these women triggered something in her. The fact that she went back in to apologize for his behavior? And he knew she was ashamed of him?

That would do it.

MOO.

Honestly, as someone who was in that kind of situation more than once, I have gone back in or mouthed sorry to people who have encountered my ex's wrath for 'bad service' more than once. I would imagine this is something that she had done more than once. But the crying right in public shows me that she was being pushed to her limit. And the fact that this was after he came back, I think she was hitting her 'time to leave' mindset. Poor poor Gabby....

Now I'm beginning to wonder if the Tiktokers and Van Life folks need a photo of the Laundrie Camper and red pickup truck to see if they saw them in Wyoming over that 3 day weekend the neighbors said the family took off on that camping trip.

IMO, the weekend trip was to set BL up in his eventual hideaway or a cleanup trip to Wyoming.

Again, all MOO.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if the Tiktokers and Van Life folks need a photo of the Laundrie Camper and red pickup truck to see if they saw them in Wyoming over that 3 day weekend the neighbors said the family took off on that camping trip.

IMO, the weekend trip was to set BL up in his eventual hideaway or a cleanup trip to Wyoming.

Again, all MOO.

I find it funny that as much as I have defended driving WY > FL in a short timespan that I am now here about to argue how it is not possible to go FL > WY > FL in three days. I would agree they could have set up at least one cache for Brian on that 3 day camping trip, somewhere! IMO.

Really interesting that she posted the video while he was gone, after their big fight. This means she is investing in their future or seeing them together somehow. I wonder if BL went home and heard an earful from his parents about Gabby, and then something shifted. Or maybe he kept wanting to take the phone away from her when they fought because he was against the video life... there's something that snapped in BL and I can't figure out exactly where it was. MOO.

My mother mentioned this to me earlier - she said that down in that area, people aren't incredibly nosy like they are here in NJ. They can be but it's not to the point where they've got every move their neighbors make down pat. It's not unlikely to be nosy, but not nearly as common as it is here.

My neighbor has commented several times on things happening on the block and I'm like....do you have time to watch everyone or?
This is me since the pandemic. I work most days on my front porch. I see all the comings and goings. I know when someone's wife left them, when they get a new car, when they're out of town, when the pet sitter comes and, today, when they die. :sob: A dear neighbor lady died this morning after a long illness. She was super sweet and used to be a 911 operator.

It had not been reported as a stolen vehicle.
Where is that van now? Because Gabby is now confirmed dead, the van should go to next of kin unless she has willed it to BL.
It is sad to hear of this harassment. Yelling at people you don't know and who are not in your lives. People go home and think how you can add true value to your community. Be a servant those less fortunate than you. That is how you change the world.
That a family could be so callous as the Laundries is appalling to me. That was BL’s fiancée. He returns from a trip with HER van, without her snd doesn’t have a word to say to her family. And his parents don’t either when that girl lived with them for 2 years! The court of law may not be able to do anything but the court of public opinion can. I absolutely do not advocate violence; personal or property damages, but letting them no what they did was shameful is fine with me. I might join them if I lived nearby.

I respect your opinion, but I think you're perhaps being a little biased. I too am of what you call 'the snowflake generation' - I was 23 in 2017, which may seem recent, and young - and I rather resent the cynicism in your comment. I don't think we can assume that of an entire generation - it seems a little sweeping. There are major political and socioeconomic factors affecting people of my generation, and to pass that off is a little rude.

Yes, that's why i used the word 'many'.... I also work with high schoolers and see protective parents who are quick to say 'not my child'. As is mentioned i've also got a few of my own who struggle with the launch and is reflective of my own parenting and enabling , 2 are off and flying the other 2 need a bit of a nudge.
It is of course MHO and i am not disrespecting your age group, (apology for the offense taken). As well I would say other generations had far less support and opportunity.

I can't say for sure, but I've seen comments saying she was editing the Van Life video &/or working on her website. This makes potential sense to me as it can be super time consuming to edit video &/or build a website. Plus, the Van Life video was posted August 19 to YouTube (i.e., during the period he was apparently away).

I keep thinking about her saying to the police, "he doesn't think I can do it." Maybe while he was away she wanted to show what she could do.

JMO!

Something to this. Something to this line of thought that has me thinking...

LOL I was just going to post the same question! Sometimes I think I'm the Mrs. Kravitz on my street LOL I wonder how many on here will know who MRS KRAVITZ is?
I'm 73 and home 24/7 so not a lot to do but watch TV or watch real life or get into a good true crime mystery. I think the neighbors next door are snoopy, too. They seem to have cameras all over the place. We must bore them to death!!!

Unfortunately kids these days can't buy houses for $30,000 and go to college for $5,000 like you could in 1975 so yes it does make sense that a 23 year old today may need to live at home with parents (who benefited from the greatest increase in housing and investment prices in history).

Also it is always strange to me when baby boomers complain about millennials since these kids are YOUR kids! Who raised a generation of snowflakes (if that's what you want to call them)? You did, congrats lol
That's so true. I can't imagine owing huge student loans and buying a 400k house with a 40k DP. Car, etc. kids have just been priced out of middle class. My 40 yr old nephew is back living with his parents because they still have a lot of rooms, and she kind of dotes on having people to cook for. It's just so different these days. No one would have noticed BL living at home had he not gone so terribly wrong. IMO

Where is that van now? Because Gabby is now confirmed dead, the van should go to next of kin unless she has willed it to BL.

That a family could be so callous as the Laundries is appalling to me. That was BL’s fiancée. He returns from a trip with HER van, without her snd doesn’t have a word to say to her family. And his parents don’t either when that girl lived with them for 2 years! The court of law may not be able to do anything but the court of public opinion can. I absolutely do not advocate violence; personal or property damages, but letting them no what they did was shameful is fine with me. I might join them if I lived nearby.

The police have the van in their custody.

Van linked to missing YouTuber removed from fiancé’s North Port home, neighbor says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998