Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I was just going to post the same question! Sometimes I think I'm the Mrs. Kravitz on my street LOL I wonder how many on here will know who MRS KRAVITZ is?
I'm 73 and home 24/7 so not a lot to do but watch TV or watch real life or get into a good true crime mystery. I think the neighbors next door are snoopy, too. They seem to have cameras all over the place. We must bore them to death!!!

This is me since the pandemic. I work most days on my front porch. I see all the comings and goings. I know when someone's wife left them, when they get a new car, when they're out of town, when the pet sitter comes and, today, when they die. :sob: A dear neighbor lady died this morning after a long illness. She was super sweet and used to be a 911 operator.

My front porch is my favorite place to be. I am there with my tablet right now. I see everything. And I am a sleuth. I am the neighborhood Mrs. Kravitz. I'm proud of it too.

Hmm, the van that he drove into North Port, FL on 9/1 was seen thousands of miles away on 8/27, right where his fiance's dead body happened to be later found. Despite being on a 4-month-long road-trip with her in a van owned by her, he never reported her to authorities as missing, injured, lost or dead. When named a POI, he disappeared into a forest.

All true, but still doesn’t prove he killed her. They have to have evidence. The whole he stole the van theory .. they were engaged. She didn’t even like to drive it.

Neighborhood speculation grows as search for Brian Laundrie continues - WFLA
<snipped>
Bob Prokopiak lives two blocks from the home and walked over to witness the scene for himself.

[...]

He knows the area and isn’t convinced Brian Laundrie is still alive in the area where law enforcement is searching.

“No, there’s no way. There’s no way. I don’t think it’s possible. With the alligators, with water, with everything out there. Plus, he’s got a backpack, something’s not right because he’s carried a backpack out a week ago. Where’s he getting his food? Where’s he getting his water? To me, he doesn’t look like that much of a survivalist,” he said.

BL would not even be able to "hunt" for food - say he traps/shoots one of the many deer in Mabry Carlton Reserve, he could expect to be fined and do possible jail time. That reserve is a protected habitat for all wildlife, yes, including the feral hogs.

MOO BL strikes me as being less than smart.

They had better be careful about lying to federal agents..............
I think they know that. They seem to have been well apprised by their attorney and know how the law works. Everything he said about keeping quiet worked in terms of the law. LE could not force them to produce their son just to see if he was in the house, town , state, country. And they got nothing from the Laundries about GP
So I kinda doubt the parents stepped out of lines of law. I think they would be careful and consult with attorney. BL? Another story. He might have cracked and could not take the pressure and took off. If he did not kill self in those preserves, Ithink he’ll be located soon.

I sure can't tell you who my neighbors are, but being NOSEY beyond belief from following true crime, I could tell you anything they do!!! "People in the gray house were late putting their recycling can up last week." "Neighbors with the truck for sale sure did buy a lot of water jugs from Walmart again." "That one neighbor's new highlights look like c$%#." LOL

lol I’m nosey, too. I get it! I recently moved out to where i can’t see my neighbors and it’s painful sometimes! I used to live in a city where i could be keep tabs lol

But these neighbors said they thought Gabby was back with Brian and the van. They also said they weren’t sure who was living there etc. when you’re nosey you might not know names and relationships but you know faces etc cuz you’re always watching. I just don’t think they may have been all that nosey, saw casual happenings at the house, and put it together. We don’t know the family camped is all.

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses
She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times.
Emphasis mine.
Sounds like he was in a rage ?
To call out the wait staff and then return to the restaurant 3 more times is bullying behavior at the least.

At one point, Petito came inside and apologized for Laundrie’s behavior, Angelo said.
I wonder if this was the final straw for Brian ?
That Gabby was not in complete submission regarding his behavior, or lack thereof ?
This 'apologizing for him' may have been her fatal mistake ? :(

Angelo said it did not appear that Laundrie was on drugs, and he was "not screaming." But he was behaving aggressively with the restaurant staff, a waitress, a hostess and the managerall women.
Emph. mine

BL may have considered women to be people who need to listen, shut up for their own good, and most of all -- obey ?

Or, he had escaped consequences of his previous behavior, and the restaurant workers just happened to be women ?
It seems like he could've targeted them, though.... monstrous behavior.
And since he treated strangers like that, what was he like in private and when the cameras were off ?

Poor Gabby, her final hours had to be a nightmare of fear.
I hope whatever happened was quick.
:(
MOO.

The three of them could not have slept in that little over the truck van. Tent? Maybe. I just can’t imagine any 23 year olds camping with parents.
I know but camping is a family thing my daughter and her friends have camped with us...almost every time. We started when our daughter was a year old and now she is mid thirties. typing this sounds weird but RVing brings us together.

All true, but still doesn’t prove he killed her. They have to have evidence. The whole he stole the van theory .. they were engaged. She didn’t even like to drive it.
I think most people here understand the need for actual evidence. Understandably the FBI isn't going to tell us what they have, so we use the information we have. Most of that information is indicative of guilty behavior. If anyone thinks he's innocent here, I believe them to be in the minority.

These threads are moving so fast, not sure if this has been posted yet. Heads up to my fellow Long Islanders.

"Shine a Light for Gabby tribute set for Friday to honor Blue Point native

News 12 Staff
Sep 22, 2021, 5:50pm
Updated on: Sep 22, 2021, 5:50pm

The Blue Point community is planning a special tribute to Gabby Petito Friday and hopes it will stretch across Long Island.
From the teal ribbons lining the streets to the flag flying at half-staff outside the Bayport-Blue Point Public Library, heartbroken community members are banding together to honor 22-year-old Petito, whose disappearance and death has captivated the nation."

Shine a Light for Gabby tribute set for Friday to honor Blue Point native

Why do you think he would lose his memory or become sort of unconscious during his "episodes"? I don't believe the girlfriend stated anything like that. She said he would "hear voices". That does not indicate, to me, that he was losing his memory or going into some kind of unconscious state that he wakes up from later.

It's true it could have affected his temper or anger, especially if the "voices" were telling him to do things. We've probably all heard a lot of stories about murderers saying they were listening to voices that told them to do bad things.

I don't believe he lost his memory. He drove that van home in a short period of time, suggesting that he was indeed having some kind of episode because the friend also mentioned that he would not sleep for a period of time when these episodes would happen. That would serve him well driving that van across the country. IMO

This is quoted from the NYPost:

"Gabby Petito’s boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, who has also gone missing and is being sought by the FBI, suffered with jealousy and control issues and experienced “episodes” in which he would hear voices and not be able to sleep, Petito’s friend told the Daily Mail."

Nothing about losing memory.

Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal
Losing his memory is just a theory. Traumatic events can certainly cause people to black out periods of time. The memory loss would explain some of the odd actions of both him and his parents. It may be a stretch, but I find it an interesting line of thought.

Here's what I take from the neighbor video. BLs parents bought a camper van and were planning on going camping for Labor Day weekend 9/4, 9/5, 9/6. Friday Saturday and Sunday. Their 23 y/o comes back on 9/1 from what they were told was a breakup with his girlfriend/fiancé for the second time in a month and they take him along on the camping trip. they could not have traveled the following weekend otherwise they would not have been home when the police came. Frankly I found the whole cringy neighbor interview hard to watch and makes me think they wanted their 15 seconds of "fame." Edited because I always forget the MOO

i 100% agree. Makes the most sense to me. I think he told them he got dumped etc and they were in protective mode (all until Gabby is reported missing I see why they would believe him. Especially if they fought all the time like they did in Moab)

I still can’t get over the idea that people think the FBI is just searching this area using massive amounts of resources just for the heck of it while BL is somewhere else. We are talking about the FBI!

Hmm, the van that he drove into North Port, FL on 9/1 was seen thousands of miles away on 8/27, right where his fiance's dead body happened to be later found. Despite being on a 4-month-long road-trip with her in a van owned by her, he never reported her to authorities as missing, injured, lost or dead. When named a POI, he disappeared into a forest.

it’s not enough to get him officially accused of murder. Much less convicted. In a court of law , he is innocent until proven guilty. A plausible alternate scenario is all that is needed to be found not guilty unless there is some direct admissible evidence showing he did the deed.

I'm 73 and home 24/7 so not a lot to do but watch TV or watch real life or get into a good true crime mystery. I think the neighbors next door are snoopy, too. They seem to have cameras all over the place. We must bore them to death!!!
Funny! I can't see my neighbors because of big walls, so I saw the lady in the street the other day, she had a 2 year old toddling along. I said "Hi David!" (which I knew was her kid's name). She said, no, this is Nathan, my new one. LOL. I didn't even know she was preggers.

I like the sound of your life but I doubt I'd be able to resist digging a human size hole in the shape of a grave in your back garden in the middle of the night just to make them dizzy. :)

Really interesting that she posted the video while he was gone, after their big fight. This means she is investing in their future or seeing them together somehow. I wonder if BL went home and heard an earful from his parents about Gabby, and then something shifted. Or maybe he kept wanting to take the phone away from her when they fought because he was against the video life... there's something that snapped in BL and I can't figure out exactly where it was. MOO.
Thinking about her (total speculation on my part here!) potentially working on the video alone in the hotel, after a huge public fight that got physical & the police were involved, is so sad to me. One other poster mentioned in an earlier thread (I forget who, I'm sorry) that perhaps they both were made sentimental by this montage of good times. Maybe that contributed to his returning to her after the flight home/possible break-up--the nostalgia factor, or that he saw she had the talent to make it work as a travelgrammer, etc. (of course the plan may have always been to return to her in Aug--it's really not clear to me at this point). JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson