Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny that as much as I have defended driving WY > FL in a short timespan that I am now here about to argue how it is not possible to go FL > WY > FL in three days. I would agree they could have set up at least one cache for Brian on that 3 day camping trip, somewhere! IMO.
I can only speak for the West Coast, but my family have proven that it's possible to go from driving 5-6 hours/day to driving 10-11 hours/day and still getting somewhere at a reasonable hour. Even doing 12 hours one way, then back the next day if you time your stops right, and be judicious about restroom, gas, and food breaks.

Last edited:
Losing his memory is just a theory. Traumatic events can certainly cause people to black out periods of time. The memory loss would explain some of the odd actions of both him and his parents. It may be a stretch, but I find it an interesting line of thought.
Sounds like a Twinkie defense. Good thing I won’t be on the jury.

amateur opinion and speculation

What? If it doesn't belong to you, and you take it without permission from the owner, you've stolen it. Period.
Ita.
And if the owner is .. umm... dead, and cannot give permission -- then it's theft.
I'm not going to try to split any hairs here, as it's a small part of this case, but it speaks volumes to BL's character.
Imo.

My shortlist of things I find weird:

Earlier this week police say "At this time, we currently believe we have exhausted all avenues in searching of the grounds there". Then they do the complete opposite?

Why have we not heard from any of Brian's acquaintances, ex-girlfriends, literally any person connected to him?

Did the storage unit still have stuff in it?

Verizon support unit might be related to the internet outages happening all day around there

Or family. No one connected to his parents also. I can see people not wanting to talk to the press but usually there is at least some acquaintance.

However, I take into consideration they worked from home, so there wouldn't be coworkers.

IMO, he killed her right after this. This was the day Gabby had enough of his bullying, misogynist behavior. IMO, watching him verbally attack these women triggered something in her. The fact that she went back in to apologize for his behavior? And he knew she was ashamed of him?

That would do it.

MOO.
agree

What I find amazing is, for several days reporters have been crawling all over and camping out in that neighborhood, neighbors allowing reporters to be on their lawn, apparently speaking with them (at least enough to allow them to stay on their property).

And it wasn't until yesterday that one neighbor finally said BL had been seen since he got back on the 1st, and now we have this report saying not only was he seen doing 'normal' things since the 1st, he and his parents actually went camping for a 3 day weekend!

I gather these witnesses told LE everything as soon as LE contacted them.

This van is owned by GP, correct? Florida plates? Was the Laundrie parents address on her DL? I’m surprised LE didn’t take the opportunity to arrest BL on the spot for stealing her van.
That’s what GP’s father said on Dr. Phil. Gabby (with probably her parents’ help) bought the van and it was registered in her name - only. And he added that was enough to at least question him on the day she was reported missing.

That doesn’t mean you murdered someone.

Two people with a history of DV visit Bridger-Teton. Their van is captured on video. One of those two is found murdered 200m from the van. The other doesn't call for help, report an accident, or report his love missing. He drives home and refuses to talk to LE and then disappears. Looks like consciousness of guilt evidence to me.

I'm not seeing the lack of evidence here. And this is without seeing any of the forensic evidence or knowing the cause of death (which will probably be something that points to intimate partner violence like strangling or stabbing). I'm sure if BL is found alive his attorney will try to say BigFoot must have come and killed Gabby and BL went into an amnesic fugue.

But juries need reasonable doubt, not any possible theoretical doubt.

You’re right, he hasn’t been charged but he is “a person of interest” which is detective speak for “suspect” which if found will result in “arrest”.

100% He’s either a suspect or a target and there’s an arrest warrant waiting for him.

They’re not going to throw all of these resources at some guy who just has tangential information and isn’t a suspect. What would be their endgame, a wellness check? Nope, they’re seriously after him.

Someone mentioned in the past thread (Sorry Poster!, I can't refind it!) the story about one of Gabby's girlfriends saying something like BL "had episodes, and heard voices, and such..." and so Gabby would stay over at the girlfriends house. The Poster then wondered if BL could be in a Psyche Unit somewhere right now.
My question is: If his parents got him in to one (a preemptive strike of sorts for a court), would the Psyche Unit or Doctors be compelled to alert LE?

This is kind of interesting. Ethically speaking, they could not release information on a patient to LE due to HIPAA unless there was some kind of threat of harm to oneself/someone else. However, I doubt LE would deploy this many resources without at least considering/checking, and I would assume there are protocols in place to work with LE in situations like this IMO

Wonderful. They're gonna get their girl back .
It took me 8 months to write my mom's obituary and I finally had the funeral last week...(covid delayed the whole funeral gig) and it was one of the hardest things I had to do. My mom god bless her was 96 1/2, I can not even imagine in a thousand years how this family can even put a word on a pice of paper. My struggle was nothing , my mom lived a life. God Bless her family...glad she is home.

i 100% agree. Makes the most sense to me. I think he told them he got dumped etc and they were in protective mode (all until Gabby is reported missing I see why they would believe him. Especially if they fought all the time like they did in Moab)

I still can’t get over the idea that people think the FBI is just searching this area using massive amounts of resources just for the heck of it while BL is somewhere else. We are talking about the FBI!

But he returned with her van!!

On the idea of plausible deniability, let's say BL turns up at some point, is alive, and they take him into custody, there's a jury trial, the whole nine. What jury is going to be convinced of anything other than his guilt when he left her there, literally for dead, and drove the van home? You could feed me all sorts of alternate theories, but nothing gets me past leaving your domestic partner 37 hours from home, even if you thought she was shacking up with another dude at another campsite. It's unfathomable for him to drive that van back home, unless he killed her.

I did...I was wrong.

LE must have some concrete intel to remain in the Preserve area. Haven't been able to follow too close today, but the screenshots show A LOT of personnel and equipment searching that area.

Did dogs alert? Did other walkers report they saw someone like him? Did he leave something behind that dogs alerted? It's a big, big area, yes, but apparently not all of it is walkable BUT they are still there.
SMH Please let tomorrow be the Lucky Day! Arrest him, and then go "visit" his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23