Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is what I think happened. He got his parents' sympathy with a sob story about the painful breakup, and probably threw in, either made-up or genuine, negative comments that GP may have made about them. They haven't seemed like the nicest people so far, so she could have made valid observations about them to him, and he might have told them. That could explain their coldness.
Parents would consult an attorney and refuse to say anything to worried parents calling, just because of break up?

There is so far no evidence that *proves* he murdered her, but ALL the evidence *points* to it.

He had motive and opportunity and then he stole her van, leaving her thousands of miles away. So tell me what I'm missing.

What I don't understand is how I keep reading that he's not a suspect in a crime, yet the whole family home is considered a crime scene. How is that possible?
I don't know, but John Walsh in a recent video slammed the fact they refer to him as a POI and not the suspect.

Interesting that the date of her death is September 19, 2021.
Because that is the date that the coroner declared her dead. When you don't know what day someone actually died on, you go to the date they were declared dead, either in a court of law or by evidence proving that the person's death occurred.

we don’t know facts of the case yet. But IG autopsy cannot prove death occurred while BL was there, you have reasonable doubt. If attorney brings up that it’s possible ANYONE could have killed her, that BL often left her at site alone, and there is nothing connecting him with actual trauma that caused death, reasonable doubt.

Give me a solid example of when an autopsy could prove that? Like when Laci Peterson's autopsy proved she died at the very moment Scott was home? Or when Shanann's autopsy proved the exact minute she died and that Chris was at home? No. That is not a requirement and plenty of people are convicted murderers still. Secondly, yes, it's also possible I could have killed her, or you, or MassGuy, or anyone else. Is it reasonable?

Has anyone discussed/thought about if the incident happened in the van, and he moved the body, or if the incident happened out at the campsite?
I think the argument began in the front of the van and ultimately escalated to outside the van. If you look at the way the van is haphazardly parked, it looks like the driver just pulled over and didn't try to park it properly. JMO
Ownership is not a gray area.
What difference would it make if BL owned it or her daddy, or whoever?

Possibly relevant if BL is caught, charged, and tried. Self defense could (possibly) be his defense. Depending on what his defense team would think is his best defense at trial.
I meant real relevance. A legal defense can (and will) through a lot of poo at the wall, but in terms of what *really* happened, her "volatility " would a) need to be established, and b) is of little to no relevance. Self defense that leads to death is a many-stepped process legally. It's not, "she slapped me, so I hit her multiple times with a heavy rock/oh, ok, cool."

I was responding to this part of your comment: "The whole he stole the van theory .. they were engaged. She didn’t even like to drive it."

(Nevermind that the status of any engagement is unknown). If he took the vehicle without permission from the owner, he stole it. End of.
I feel like every few days we have to go over again the ownership of her Van and that just because he was with her does not entitle him to take it from her - but we do it for Gabby and her family - it’s her Van- he had no right to remove it from her possession without her presence.
JMO

Is it known how close that little wooden bridge over Spread Creek is in relation to where the van was seen parked?

Yes, it was about 5-10 metres behind the van and to the left. It could be seen on the YouTuber's footage (Red, White and Bethune). You can view it in the approved videos added by the Mods at the start of this thread.

i wish we could go away from this narrative: they were in a long-term relationship. They BOTH worked on the van. They BOTH put money and sweat into it because they lived together and (IM ASSUMING) pooled resources like almost every other couple does, especially when you’re young and broke. They BOTH drove it. They BOTH lived in it. This isn’t a casual friendship where he stole the keys and took off. My husband and I have cars in each of our names but they’re OUR cars. We’d never say “don’t drive my car, it’s mine.” We are so hyper focused on him stealing her car when it’s clear it was theirs; regardless of the title.
It wasn't "their" vehicle. I'm betting GP's parent paid for the insurance. BL drove it with GP's permission.

You and your husband are married. You have joint property. GP and BL were not married. I'm wondering if BL took the keys with him when he went to Florida and she stayed in the hotel. I'm betting her dad knows the answer.

BBM…it WAS cringy…which to me, says that they weren’t at all comfortable in front of the cameras and where most likely coaxed into telling their story by some news media that had been interviewing neighbors door to door. They said they had already spoken to LE so obviously LE didn’t ask them to stay quiet about what they saw… they said that camper appeared recently. And if you really look at it, it looks pretty pristine in condition. They said they went on a 3 day trip. If BL was home by 9/1, that next weekend woulda been Labor Day weekend right? 9/4-9/6 or 9/3 if they started out Friday. Or was it was the next weekend that would’ve been 9/10-9/12, and by then we know GP had been reported missing and media was starting to get involved AND they had lawyered up by then as well….Not even sure where the hell im going with this other than I guess those neighbors could be cringy and completely truthful at the same time. Side note…they DID give me MOTEL HELL vibes tho and only us older horror fans will even get that…lol
I think it was their yard where Fox was able to set up cameras right across from L's, so they sort of buddied w Fox crew. No reporters were allowed in the street. jmo

Yes! From what I understand that appears to be somewhat common with Instagram, maybe for photo correction or something, I'm not sure!
It is an attempt to maximize followers. There are certain times you are more likely to get likes. I only know this because I control my companies instagram. I personally dislike Instagram overall and feel it is damaging, which is why my daughter has no account and will not anytime soon. It sets ridiculous standards for women, and people get obsessed with "likes" and followers.

I meant real relevance. A legal defense can (and will) through a lot of poo at the wall, but in terms of what *really* happened, her "volatility " would a) need to be established, and b) is of little to no relevance. Self defense that leads to death is a many-stepped process legally. It's not, "she slapped me, so I hit her multiple times with a heavy rock/oh, ok, cool."

While understanding that this is an emotionally charged thread ... I was just pointing out that this could (possibly) have some relevance at a real-world trial.

Hard to believe that , prior to this road trip, not a single person saw any warning signs that this young couple was in trouble. Did anyone ever try to step in ?

( Rhetorical question, I guess.)
We don’t know. One of things that makes DV difficult to resolve is that the victim won’t cooperate and defends the aggressor. A lot of members here , a lot of people feel that LE should have done more in the DV scene we have seen involving BL and GP. I doubt it would have been effective and the jails would be overflowing snd law suits flying if LE made that grounds for such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher