Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Florida library I've been in requires a library card. If you don't live in the county that the library is in, they don't issue you a card. You have to show your drivers license to get a card. The county that address is in, is where your card can be used and computer time can be scheduled (usually in 30 min to 1 hour increments). A few times when I've moved, I showed my house closing papers or rental agreement if my drivers license had not been updated yet.

Now for the college libraries, you have to be a staff member or student. You can walk in and visit but you cannot use a computer or check out any materials.

It looks like the have wifi for visitors. I found this on the Orange county library wifi rules.

"Yes. Wireless access is available to all visitors during the Library's normal hours of operation. Select "OCLS-Guest" as your wireless network to gain access."

Thank you.

The topic will come up again and again here - I hope both of us still stand ready to inform people about this. A person can't just check themselves into a hospital and avoid criminal prosecution...
Hmmmm. Thanks, good to know.
But the Feds can certainly serve warrants in hospitals in case he is hospitalized for legitimate reasons. ;-)

That's not my experience anywhere I've been. When I was on the road, I used many different libraries, and around here they don't require a card. You can be from out of town.

I'm in Southwestern Ontario, Can, and it's the same at the libraries here. There's a sizeable homeless population that sit at the computers during the day.

It looks like the have wifi for visitors. I found this on the Orange county library wifi rules.

"Yes. Wireless access is available to all visitors during the Library's normal hours of operation. Select "OCLS-Guest" as your wireless network to gain access."
All libraries have free public wifi. Using public wifi isn't the same as checking out materials or scheduling computer usage.

don't most people have tap there? especially younger generations?
as long as they don't exceed a certain amount, they just tap - no pin, no signature - or do they not have that tech in the states?

IMO they were on a trip together, and lived together. Either he new the pin or had watched her type it in 100 times.

Guys, I by no means think that BL or his parents are innocent, but someone asked if anyone knew their parents passwords and PIN etc. All my kids know every single one of mine. My banks, my cc, my house, electricity, phone, and even what social media I’m on.
MOO it’s not impossible that he might know his parents

A somewhat remote possibility is that once the parents realised BL had probably actually killed GP they told him to get out of the house. They in some legal jeopardy themselves so they don't talk to the cops, but they're also angry at BL, which is why he leaves without wallet or phone and disappears.

I don't really believe this but it's a possibility. We've mostly been assuming that BL and the parents are on the same page, but they may well not be.

After their attorney meeting, i bet they needed to talk privately. If they think the car and their house is bugged, it would explain a bizarre library pitstop.

That makes a lot of sense. And definitely lends to the thinking that they know where he is and what he did......

I figured they secured the attorney when the incident involving her parents and law enforcement happened (though that has a tight lid on it), but since we aren't positive what that was about, certainly when Gabby was reported missing. I wondered if the calls to the family that went unanswered were before or after the "incident". Maybe someone here knows more. No idea if they had one prior to around the 10th. MOO

C
ould be, the visit from her father had to make them question any story Brian told them, if that is the case and they went into protect Brian mode, not find Gabby mode.

Fox News
reports redacted police documents show Florida authorities responded to the North Port home of Gabby Petito, her fiancé Brian Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10 — with an alleged link to her father Joseph Petito. Police then reportedly returned twice on Sept. 11 to follow up.

I’m shocked by how many people are willing to give a stranger a ride. MOO

I am shocked by this too. I am going to remind my young adult daughters about this tomorrow. It was drilled into me that never under any circumstances do you pick up a hitchhiker... if someone is stranded and in trouble just call 911. Perhaps it's more common near national parks and seen as a courtesy sort of thing, but it really boggles my mind.

Here in Las Vegas we have popular people (stars, actors, singers) to where the doctor will admit them under a false name.... I believe the facilities are made aware of the true name as well... my point being if this is found to true and be is in a facility under a fake name , LE would still be able to get a true identity of that person.

Yes, I understand about the pseudonyms. I was just answering about if Brian Laundrie was checked into a hospital, would law enforcement be informed. I believe the answer is yes because HIPAA allows for that. I'm sorry if I misworded anything. I have troubles getting my thoughts into proper words sometimes. Dang TBI!

Thinking about the Laundries sitting in the dark listening to Brian Enton in the neighbours grass doing gods good work!
I think that they are trying to get them to crack. If they don't want to be forth coming with information then LE will make their lives a living hell. Not many people can handle that sort of stress for very long.
You’re probably right. I honestly don’t know how anyone wouldn’t have cracked by now! Imagine sitting there listening to Brian Enton at all hours (Don’t get me wrong—Brian is doing amazing work.) But I don’t know how they have withstood it. I would have cracked in about 11 minutes.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

A second person reported picking up BL hitchhiking and dropping him off at the Spread Creek camping site

When did picking up hitchhikers become safe and acceptable? Maybe I’m old at 53, but we grew up with the teaching that not all were bad but some may be, so best to ignore them for your own safety. I know; unrelated to the case at hand but now we have two women who have picked up a male. Curious if the younger generation is oblivious to danger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa