Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think BL had a good plan. He just didn’t take into account that the police would have a million online sleuths helping them out. No one could expect that.
Regardless of what happened or how it happened, it would be safe for him to think if he left GP out in the open in a field or forest with wild animals, that she would be eaten or decompose from the elements. In the meantime he would be seen hitch hiking, biking with mommy, camping with the fam. All he had to do was say I dunno where she is. I got nothin to say. By the time anyone figured out that she was missing, where to look, arrange for search parties, there wouldn’t be much of her left to find or incriminate him. In the meantime her credit or bank cards were being used elsewhere. Who knows where she might be. It was a darn good plan!!!
Except… all you websleuthers couldn’t mind your own business and had to get involved. You found her, hopefully all of her, and the whole plan unraveled. Way to go!!! Pat yourselves on the back. You’re all responsible for ruining his plan and hopefully catching him soon.

I just read this morning that a second person picked up BL hitchhiking and drove him to the campground.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Woman in Wyoming says she picked him up hitchhiking

What if he was telling the truth to the people he hitchhiked with between Coulter Bay and the campground entrance?

Let’s say they set up camp at Spread Creek on Aug. 25th or 26th, maybe somewhere in the area where her body was eventually found, but not necessarily visible from the road. On the 27th, they decide to go to Jackson for lunch or whatever, eat at Merry Piglets, where BL gets angry. They go back to the campground, fighting, so he decides to take off and hike for a couple days, leaving GP at the campground with the van.

Several reviews online talk about poor cell coverage near the campsites they were at, but who knows if BL left her with her phone, or even the keys to the van (for driving...the doors could have been open). She didn’t contact anyone during that time simply because she didn’t have access.

Then, he hitchikes his way back to the campground by 6:30ish pm on the 29th, where she is upset (justifiably) that he left her alone that long. Maybe this argument turns violent and that’s when she is killed. This means he has to pick up camp, decide what he’s going to do, and leave during the night, which puts him driving out of WY and using her debit card to fill up with gas on the 30th, heading for FL.

Lots of holes, I know, but it kind of makes more sense to me that he would leave soon after killing her rather than hike for two days leaving the van sitting near her dead body. I don’t know...

yes one of the issues I've had is if she wasn't buried, I would think her body outside would be quite visible. Obviously cause of death will matter, but to rule it a homicide so early means it probably wasn't suffication. I'm going for strangulation, possibly blunt force trauma, although I would think that would be a little bloody and would have had to take place in the van, which makes it a risky thing to leave around and drive back in.

I could see leaving the body in the van for a few days and wondering what he should do while hitchhiking for an alibi, but I also think you might be right that it happened after he went off on a walk after making sure she couldn't leave. that said I wonder if gabby would have just stayed put, or if she would have sought some form of help.
That campground still had a lot of people around by the Bethune's video, so he definitely had to do it quickly... or I wouldn't think more evidence would be between the van and the site.

I dont see him just leaving a dead body out in the open there for a few days near the van. that part you are correct about

Frank Figliuzzi, a former assistant director for counterintelligence at the FBI, speculated that Laundrie's parents would soon be summoned to a grand jury. "I would expect that to happen momentarily, see them in front of a grand jury, and then if they are not going to cooperate, they can get charged with contempt or obstruction," Figliuzzi told CNBC. "There is no parental-child privilege, and I actually thought, by now, we would see them summoned to the grand jury. We now have an indictment, it's a federal case."
National security expert expects Brian Laundrie’s parents to be 'summoned to the grand jury' momentarily

The source revealed to CNN's Chris Cuomo on Thursday that Laundrie left his parents' home in Florida without his wallet and phone. This reportedly has been causing major concern as he might do something to himself anytime.

Since he cut his ties wholly and brought nothing to support himself, it is highly likely that the man never plans to return.

As of the writing, the authorities continue to search a nature reserve in Venice near his family's home in North Port.
Gabby Petito update: Brian Laundrie left home without phone or wallet and his parents were concerned he might hurt himself, source says - CNN

eta:
Cops Swarm Fla. Preserve as Manhunt for Indicted Gabby Petito Fiance Intensifies

My sentiments exactly. This goes beyond the pale!
i don't understand any of this. i offered a 1000 dollar reward and asked everyone i knew about my missing cat. I can't recall exactly, but he was last seen alive 10 days ago now? That's a long time to wait but it also may be legal advise to be very private, and by now, if they don't know where he is an equally sad nightmare for them. I sort of feel that he duped his parents too, his moral compass is a little off IMO.

Good Morning all,
Thanks to the mods for all their hard work.

I have 4 questions.
1. Does anyone have recall that very early in the WS thread there was mention that the parents of BL went to his car to take it so it would make BL have to call for ride? This was before there was any info about the citation on his car. I am just wondering whether I read a hypothesis or it was factual.

2. The lawyer was first hired for BL.. .. not the family is that correct? Because i did come across a statement that BL made via his lawyer about "Ms. Petitio" but as far as i can see that is all the talking he did.

3. I noticed when searchers are in the big swamp buggy/plower they look to me to be not armed, look very chill.. does this discourage anyone from thinking he is actually in there alive or armed? In fact no one on scene looks very much like they feel there is danger present.

4. Regarding the deer cam, I use a deer cam to track feral cats, have they placed cameras in the reserve or is there another means to track night movement?

Again, thanks for the hard work. Hoping today there will be answers..

1. He went without his phone, so don't think this would make sense
2. I think it was a family acquaintance helping out. I am not confident that they knew ( the parents and the lawyer) the gravity of the situation at the time. I do not think the lawyer would have helped them out if he knew, as he is not proficient in criminal law. I get she was missing, but depending on the story he told them, they may have thought she went off with her friend and it was an issue of a misunderstanding and van ownership.
3. I think it may be a body recovery at this point, also maybe he didn't have access to a gun, or that was found in the home
4. there are wildlife cams, LE has asked they not go live and only be seen by them. I only know this from twitter as some rookie sleuth was ranting about not having access anymore

Honestly, I think BL had a good plan. He just didn’t take into account that the police would have a million online sleuths helping them out. No one could expect that.
Regardless of what happened or how it happened, it would be safe for him to think if he left GP out in the open in a field or forest with wild animals, that she would be eaten or decompose from the elements. In the meantime he would be seen hitch hiking, biking with mommy, camping with the fam. All he had to do was say I dunno where she is. I got nothin to say. By the time anyone figured out that she was missing, where to look, arrange for search parties, there wouldn’t be much of her left to find or incriminate him. In the meantime her credit or bank cards were being used elsewhere. Who knows where she might be. It was a darn good plan!!!
Except… all you websleuthers couldn’t mind your own business and had to get involved. You found her, hopefully all of her, and the whole plan unraveled. Way to go!!! Pat yourselves on the back. You’re all responsible for ruining his plan and hopefully catching him soon.

if it wasn't for those pesky kids ... lol

Good Morning all,

I have 4 questions.
1. Does anyone have recall that very early in the WS thread there was mention that the parents of BL went to his car to take it so it would make BL have to call for ride? This was before there was any info about the citation on his car. I am just wondering whether I read a hypothesis or it was factual.

2. The lawyer was first hired for BL.. .. not the family is that correct? Because i did come across a statement that BL made via his lawyer about "Ms. Petitio" but as far as i can see that is all the talking he did.

3. I noticed when searchers are in the big swamp buggy/plower they look to me to be not armed, look very chill.. does this discourage anyone from thinking he is actually in there alive or armed? In fact no one on scene looks very much like they feel there is danger present.

4. Regarding the deer cam, I use a deer cam to track feral cats, have they placed cameras in the reserve or is there another means to track night movement?

Regarding #4: When I was there there were trail cameras all throughout the Reserve.

Good Morning all,

I have 4 questions.

1. I don't remember having heard that
2. I'm not sure who the lawyer was hired to represent. When LE first went to speak to Brian about Gabby, they were denied and given the lawyers card. That was the first time we heard there was legal representation.
3. no, I'm sure the people riding these things are armed and wearing protective gear
4. Yes, there was an article that the reserve does have a number of trail cams. Most places like that do so they can monitor the numbers and types of wildlife.

I saw that this morning too. I'm more and more thinking that (and I know I have to be careful here) he wasn't the one who brought the van back to North Port on the morning of 9/1. I know it's technically possible for him to have really hauled fast between the 29th and the 1st, accounting for stopping to sleep and eat and rest, but...I dunno. He wasn't the one who moved the Mustang, he might not've been the one who moved the van.
I think he drove the van back to FL alone. If his parents were driving, they wouldn't have needed to use GP's debit card. Plus, there would be some kind of record for them traveling (flight tickets, gas purchases, etc.) to WY first. IMO, he got out of Dodge and beelined it for home.

Last edited:
yes one of the issues I've had is if she wasn't buried, I would think her body outside would be quite visible. Obviously cause of death will matter, but to rule it a homicide so early means it probably wasn't suffication. I'm going for strangulation, possibly blunt force trauma, although I would think that would be a little bloody and would have had to take place in the van, which makes it a risky thing to leave around and drive back in.

I could see leaving the body in the van for a few days and wondering what he should do while hitchhiking for an alibi, but I also think you might be right that it happened after he went off on a walk after making sure she couldn't leave. that said I wonder if gabby would have just stayed put, or if she would have sought some form of help.
That campground still had a lot of people around by the Bethune's video, so he definitely had to do it quickly... or I wouldn't think more evidence would be between the van and the site.

I dont see him just leaving a dead body out in the open there for a few days near the van. that part you are correct about
I think if he did do this, IMOO that it was to possibly play on the "She did it herself" idea. So going on a 'solo hike' and then returning, but no one found her during that time, so he just drove off.

When a person cuts off from family and friends and leaves no trace, the likely scenario on balance of probability is they are deceased.
Gabby went silent since end of august, it was clear she was going to be found deceased and only a matter of time.
I do not buy the masses of conspiracy theories that he’s being hidden and on the run. I believe he will have killed himself and that is why there is zero trace.
It will be more difficult to find him deceased than a living and breathing person that needs to eat / sleep / drink / connect with friends and family / travel, where a trail will be left behind. MOO

I saw that this morning too. I'm more and more thinking that (and I know I have to be careful here) he wasn't the one who brought the van back to North Port on the morning of 9/1. I know it's technically possible for him to have really hauled fast between the 29th and the 1st, accounting for stopping to sleep and eat and rest, but...I dunno. He wasn't the one who moved the Mustang, he might not've been the one who moved the van.

This troubles me too.

Yes I am with you.. I think he was counting on a lot of 'i don't recall. . .last time i saw her she was blogging'
As an aside has anyone else's job attention / work ethic dropped a bit since this started? :)

I have a question about the restaurant sighting, I’m sorry if it’s been addressed I just can’t keep up with these threads 100%, I work full time

Do we know that this sighting is confirmed to be them? I’m sure they have cameras and it would be easy to rule in or out. If so, how far is this restaurant from where Gabby was found? Their van was already spotted in that area the day before, correct?
Thank you! Everyone on this thread is doing amazing work.

And he would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53