Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a link in the threads yesterday so I’m guessing it’s in the media thread. It did mention they spent 1/2 hr at the library and in an hour long meeting. For me what is odd is that they drive to Orlando to meet their NY attorney on the same street as the State Attorneys office. Why meet in person? It necessary why not be less public and meet in Punta Gorda area where there’s an airport, is much closer and less populated?

Maybe cost concerns, I would guess if you are making your lawyer travel you are paying for time and expenses, so flying NY to Orlando is probably cheaper and less time for the lawyer than flying into a small regional airport from NY.

I completely understand what you are saying. But, none of us know yet what let up to Gabby dying. It could have been an accident. Unintentional such as manslayer. They fought, it got physical, a man is mostly much stronger than a female, and it was unintentional.

I would think that when they did the autopsy that arriving at a declaration of 'homicide' meant there were indications that somebody killed her. I would think those indications would be different than a potentially accidental death (like falling and hitting your head, drowning, overdosing). I guess we will know more when they release the autopsy results, but I suspect there was some type of indication someone else definitely caused her death - stab wounds, blunt force trauma, etc. It's not impossible that Brian could have accidentally killed her, but it's pretty difficult to do I would think, and he's not that big a guy.

I am thinking back to the question I answered a bit ago about the person in the nightvision we see. YES , everyone that needs to be alerted has been alerted to it.

But, it got me thinking along with the statement tweeted today that reinforces the fact that they truly believe he is in the reserve. Can he really be *that* good at hiding from them?

Could the use of the video footage we saw have been a message to Brian, that says "Hey, we know you are there and have seen you?" I know things like this have been done in cases in the past, most notably the police chief of Wichita, KS flashing a subliminal message to Dennis Rader, BTK Strangler. Smart or lucky?

I can't make up my mind if he wanted to drive to Jackson (and leave) or go back to the van.

Jackson is the only real city in the area - besides Teton Village maybe; the city with the most resources (bus, car, food etc)

Jackson Hole airport ist the only airport in the area AFAIK and north of Jackson. Flights from there are more expensive (I personally didn't fly directly to Jackson for that reason when I visited Jackson Hole once)
I think he wanted to get the van and get the hell out of Dodge. JMO

You need to listen to the 911 cal and read the police report. This is just victim blaming at this point. Moo.
I think the question here is, do you think the police lied in their report? Do you think they had heard the 911 call, stopped Brian and then decided to negate the 911 call? What I'm asking is, what do you think the problem was? We all agree there was a problem, if there wasn't then Gabby would be alive. Where I believe we disagree is on what the problem was, and that's okay and it's not even victim bashing. It's just a difference of opinions on what the ultimate fix should be.

Putting hands on each other suggests parity.
There was no parity that I could see in that footage we all watched.
One was clearly reactive violence. She is dead.

I think he played games with her head to entertain himself while gaining complete control over her.
Homicide is the ultimate control, is it not?
I don't believe homicide was in the equation at that moment. MOO! She told police, while not at all in front of him, that she hit him. He told police, while not in front of her, that her pushed her.

There was a link in the threads yesterday so I’m guessing it’s in the media thread. It did mention they spent 1/2 hr at the library and in an hour long meeting. For me what is odd is that they drive to Orlando to meet their NY attorney on the same street as the State Attorneys office. Why meet in person? It necessary why not be less public and meet in Punta Gorda area where there’s an airport, is much closer and less populated?
I agree. Why Orlando? There are quite a few flights from NYC to Punta Gorda every day. Probably 45 minutes from the Laundrie home. Punta Gords is a small city that is easy to navigate. Orlando is much more crowded.

It's possible! I'm not on the up and up when it comes to cars and technology, so I was poking around on the Ford website. I don't even know what year that Mustang is, it's definitely looking like an older model - the more recent ones have a sleeker design. I'm starting here too for comparison: https://www.cars.com/research/ford-mustang/
Does anyone know if it was it actually BL's car? or dad's? sometimes feel like sportts cars, in an older man shouts 'mid life crisis' (my brother has a mustang at 60 so i can attest to him), but also it's not cheap. . . so if it was his it was grifted to him i would guess. and i don't know -- does a person who is so concerned with nature and the environment really go for that look? i'm thinking more subaru or an electric car, hybrid, type of vehicle, JMO.

I really have no idea what Brian could be thinking at this point. I mean, how does he think this is going to end? The only real play, if he wanted to avoid going to jail, would be to get to a country that doesn't have extradition. That's hard during normal times when you are on the run, pretty much impossible when you have little cash, no phone, no wallet, and are in the middle of a global pandemic. So what, he's going to hide out in the woods for a month or two and then....?

He strikes me as someone that's probably mildly on the spectrum, I wonder if he simply thought by ditching his phone and ignoring the news that this would all magically go away by the time he came out of the woods. But of course that's not true, and the noose is slowly going to be tightening.. I just don't get what he could be trying to accomplish at this point, he's not going to be able to get far, and with all the publicity on this the moment he steps into a town with a TV he's likely going to be outed.

Well if he has no phone and no other technology at hand, he may have no clue she has been found, no clue the level of search, depending on where he is may not even know that there is a search. So yeah, he might think he can hide out for months in the wild.

Does anyone know if it was it actually BL's car? or dad's? sometimes feel like sportts cars, in an older man shouts 'mid life crisis' (my brother has a mustang at 60 so i can attest to him), but also it's not cheap. . . so if it was his it was grifted to him i would guess. and i don't know -- does a person who is so concerned with nature and the environment really go for that look? i'm thinking more subaru or an electric car, hybrid, type of vehicle, JMO.

It was registered to his Dad, but it could still have been Brian's - he's 23, he could have had that since high school. We don't know.

I will say I find it particularly interesting that it was two men who called in to report the dv incident. They were concerned and did something about it. Maybe they weren’t 100% sure of what was happening but they saw enough to think something was amiss. I respect that. Immensely. Meanwhile, at a packed restaurant Gabby is allegedly crying inconsolably while her maniac boyfriend is raging in and out of the place - this according to the multiple women who've come forward about it now. I’m not saying they’re lying, but not one of them was concerned enough about Gabby to call in and report it, nor did they attempt to speak to her woman to woman. They knew it was her boyfriend though. They saw he was in an alleged manic state. They saw her crying. Why was it only concerning now, after the fact? I’m not blaming them. Gabby was certainly not their responsibility. I guess I’m just confused. Because it was a busy time of day for the restaurant and not one diner in the place thought anything of this proposed scene. A scene surely witnessed by the diners longer than anything those two men who called in saw, because one of those men (maybe both) were in the midst of driving away from them during his call. Anyway, so much for “if you see something, say something.”

/JMO… don’t hate me!

Very interesting and good post.

I think part of why the first incident was called in, whereas the second was not, was because the first incident involved a very public physical altercation, whereas the second involved verbal aggression and intimidation. Frankly, I’m kind of surprised that the restaurant workers didn’t call the police after he stormed back in the second time, because someone who is behaving like that could easily storm back in with a firearm. I wish one of the customers in Jackson Hole had called, but it isn’t clear what they would have reported with regard to Gabby, other than that her boyfriend seemed to have anger issues and they were concerned — which wouldn’t have been actionable… I wish things had been different.

JMO.

Good defense of the officers by the former police chief.

Some members of the public seem to be forgetting that crystal balls are not standard police issued equipment and that having perhaps a self centered, abrasive personality is not a criminal offense.

The suspect was said by a witness to have slapped his wife several times (parking lot witnesses to any number of things never exaggerate or spin things, or...... can they?).

I can imagine, however, that with say, no visible injuries and the actual victim saying she was ok and not wanting to make the incident a police matter, there was little the police could do.

Yeah, well, thousands of DV victims have a tendency to minimize their spouse's violent behavior when the cops show up. They also have a tendency to self incriminate since they're pretty cognizant of what's in store for them if they don't. Stats show it's usually the female in that situation that ends up dead.

Well if he has no phone and no other technology at hand, he may have no clue she has been found, no clue the level of search, depending on where he is may not even know that there is a search. So yeah, he might think he can hide out for months in the wild.

Regarding the white Camper that the neighbors said had been bought recently and that the Laundrie parents and Brian left in, an idea came to mind that perhaps Brian's parents dropped off Brian and that Camper somewhere with supplies and the Camper as a shelter for Brian, and then the parents went to buy an identical Camper and drove it home so that even if LE searches the Camper, they won't find any evidence or anything suspicious
A switcheroo is a clever thought. However, there would be a paper trail, even if they would have bought an identical truck camper (aka the shell) at a different dealership than the original, any dealer in FL or surrounding area would probably have come forward to LE by now letting them know that they sold them that unit. Also to note, RV'ing has exploded in the past year or so and stock is limited pretty much everywhere, waiting lists, the whole 9 yards. I think they'd have a really really hard time getting the exact same model in a short period of time. And getting an identical one on the used market would also be pretty tough to match.

As to the Jackson requests.......I think he wanted to go TOWARD Jackson on 191 and he was going to abruptly tell the driver to let him out as soon as he recognized the camping area road. Did not want to tell them specifically where he was heading. LOL got way too close with the second ride and when she offered to take him to his campsite he got very weird and jumped out of the moving vehicle..........not suspicious, at all....... jmo

This has always been my theory regarding his hitch hiking adventure.

Thank you!!!!!
I’ve worked as a dispatcher. My training included several ride a longs with an officer. The scariest calls were traffic stops. Walking up to the car. High alert for any scenario.
Yes. I’ve taken DV calls…..and suicides…..and missing kids, etc. To say the job can be stressful is totally true. Information taken and dispatched to the officers can mean life or death. Few bad apples for sure….but they are usually phased out pretty quickly.
I just had to comment to say thanks for sharing that and also to say if that is something Tricia would allow you to be a verified insider for, past experience as a dispatcher, it sure could come in handy in some cases. Specifically, another one I am following right now. But I will not go off-topic. Just wanted to mention that.

Brian protected her by trying to go to jail instead of her. I mean, he did ask for that. Not an opinion. Do I need a link for the video here?
Manipulation of LE by BL, if he was really wanting to protect her he would have have told them how he had been hitting her prior to them getting back in the van. There was nothing chivalrous in his interactions with LE.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member