Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the FBI will get a warrant to place a GPS tracker on the family car. Hopefully they now have evidence that they've aided and abetted their son.
Knowing what they bought that might be out of place for a couple living in their home could be more than useful because we know they're secretive and may have ways of getting things to him. I wouldn't trust them at all.

I would bet almost certainly there is GPS tracking on all the vehicles, including relatives. And that there is 24/7 video surveillance on the parents' home via help of cooperative neighbors. Possibly also audio surveillance within the home too or gathering enough evidence via other means in order to obtain a sealed warrant to do so. The very visible foot and car surveillance is probably mostly to maintain pressure on the parents...constant reminder that their lives will never be the same, the USG will never give up, and the parents and Brian will eventually have justice served.

just my opinion.

The fight happened August 12. He flew home to Florida Aug. 17 or 19, returning by Aug. 24.
What did Gabby do without Brian these days? There have to be witness reports or CCTV footage of her in Salt Lake if she was there for so long. This flight (if it happened at all) is so confusing to me. There are so many elements of this case that are mind-boggling and this is chief among them.

I think that may have been a tactic he used often to torment her.
It’s interesting. They both report that they are afraid the other would take the van and strand the other. The fear has to be based on something, right? But BL’s fear seems less rational, given that GB appears to be uncomfortable driving any great distance.

ETA: MOO

True. Yet, a mountain of evidence (according to the LA DA) couldn't convict their notorious defendant. Its all in the evidence. Anything can happen. It only takes one juror to trash a slam dunk.
No, if one juror disagrees, that does not mean a not guilty verdict is given. It is a mistrial and will surely be tried again.

What are they trying to do? I haven’t had time to read.

Also, can anyone update me as to the police presence yesterday at his home and whether LE seems to be still looking for a dead or alive BL?
Apparently, the feds don't yet have enough probable cause for an arrest warrant for murder so, they came up with this to suffice in the interim. IMO, the event yesterday at the parents home was the result of swatting.

All excellent points. I don't think it was accidental, but I don't think it was premeditated either

MOO

Let’s remember that ‘premeditation’ in the legal sense can happen very fast, and is not at all the same thing as ‘preplanned.’

Say to yourself: ‘How dare she try to leave me! If I can’t have her, no one else ever will!’ How many seconds was that? My understanding is that that’s long enough to be premeditated.

Now consider that strangling someone to death takes several minutes. (Based on what I’ve read, and although we don’t know the cause of death, it’s certainly a likely cause of death.)

For example, this source says—as long as it takes you to think about your action.

What is premeditated and deliberate conduct?

MOO

A good defense attorney will show lots of proof he was allowed by Gabby and her family to use that card.
They both lived and traveled as a couple. They shared everything!

I am a retired banker. Permission to use that card doesn't matter. Especially after someone died. There were about a dozen posts regarding this yesterday. If he was not on the account he had no authorization to use it. It is theft plain and simple

There are things called laws, legal documents, and contracts. You can't just make up your own rules and expect them to hold up in civil or criminal courts. Why should a bank take a loss because you decided not to go by their requirement not to share pin numbers or debit cards? I am really blown away what people think gives someone rights to another's property.

There were two conflicting 911 calls I believe each stating one was attacking the other and vice versa.

I agree with you that, ironically, the van could've acted as a catalyst in some ways.

Maybe BL resented being in there cooped up and he saw it as GP's ticket to a more independent future.

Maybe he was jealous of the time she was devoting to the blog?

All hypotheticals.

The van is symbolic to me because it was a very telling example of how they had created a facade in their relationship:

On her blog and videos the van is neat, tidy and organised. Everything appears harmonious to outsiders looking in.

However, in real life, when the police footage showed the interior of the van, it looked in complete disarray. I think we can draw some parallels here with their relationship, metaphorically speaking.

I feel certain the van was the subject of a lot of the arguments, ironic since it was supposed to be their ticket to adventures, happiness and new opportunities.

MOO
I am glad you have theorized a bit about this. I have also found it a somewhat fascinating disconnect of sorts. I will say, and this is just based off our my recent personal experience taking a similar, month-long van trip with 4 of us, instead of 2. The back of the van (not riding areas, so much) was a HOT mess all of the time-no matter how hard we tried to keep it organized-, EXCEPT when camping because then we removed the tents, the sleeping bags, pads, grill, coolers, etc.

And it could most certainly have been staged each time for a photo shoot. When he mentioned his dirty feet, it made me think that he had put them on the bed in the back (they probably kept the sheets on it when travelling, it's just easier) and that she had just gotten that cleaned and ready to go, had maybe even just washed them and made the bed up again. That sand and debris can be a booger, even cactus stuff and sand spurs. Again, just MOO!

Last edited:
It’s interesting. They both report that they are afraid the other would take the van and strand the other. The fear has to be based on something, right? But BL’s fear seems less rational, given that GB appears to be uncomfortable driving any great distance.
And he was seen doing just that. It was not his call to tell her to go for a walk and lock her out of her van. He could have gone for a walk. HOw dare he.

We are not sure that he did go home. I rather think that he locked her out of the van and took off and that is why she was so desperate to get back in the van after the slapping incident when he was trying to take her phone from her.
The slapping incident (8/12) was before the SLC hotel stay/BL supposed trip to FL though (8/17-8/23 iirc).

I respectfully disagree. I do not believe for one minute that - if he did kill GP - it was premeditated in any way.

He and GP were in a pressure cooker environment being confined to that tiny van, each gradually losing tolerance with the other for whatever reasons.

If GP got upset or stressed it appeared she would cry, lash out, smack and scratch (as documented in the police stop footage, and admitted by her and confirmed by BL and a separate witness to police).

If BL got upset he would try to distance himself from her, create space between them and reason with her. I believe on the police stop footage it was described by him as him saying for her to take a "time out".

Whilst we don't know if this was the pattern each and every time they had an argument, it does make me wonder what happened when BL was in a position where he couldn't physically create that distance from her, or there wasn't space for a time out. Where was his outlet for that anger and frustration?

If he'd been bottling it all this time throughout their roadtrip then it's an absolutely tenable premise that he did snap and retaliate.

There has been criticism on here of people using the word 'snapped' - almost as if it's being used to try and defend or justify BL's actions. It's not, at all, and if that is what happened and what caused BL to attack GP, then his actions are neither justified or excusable whatsoever.

I'm just trying to think of the WHYs this may have happened, because I do not believe he set out to kill her.

What would be the motive!?

MOO

While I understand that you're trying to understand the dynamics, couldn't GP's "lashing out," slapping, and scratching be "reactive abuse," which is basically a defensive reaction to abuse?
https://breakthesilencedv.org/reactive-abuse-what-it-is-and-why-abusers-rely-on-it/

While BL may indeed have needed distance, why would that involve GP taking a "time out"? If he needed space, couldn't he himself have taken a time out, for instance by going for a walk?

Though surely this isn't your intention, I'm concerned that the notion that he might have "snap[ped] and retaliate[d]" presupposes that GP committed some initial offensive act to which BL was unable to stop himself from responding.

I realize that interpersonal dynamics can be mutually reinforcing and are tricky to talk about, and I'm glad that you say that none of this would justify his actions if he attacked her. But abusive relationships are all too common. In cases of abuse or suspected abuse, I think it's important to be careful to avoid inadvertently buying into the narratives so often spun by abusers, in which they may try to put the responsibility on the abused person. Again, I do realize this can be tricky given that we don't have access to all the facts.
JMO

Last edited:
Police discovered and ticketed the abandoned car of Gabby Petito’s missing fiancé in a local nature reserve about a week ago, his lawyer said Monday.

The latest twist came after the FBI said it has 'exhausted all avenues,' but fell short of saying whether it believes Brian Laundrie is still alive.

The ticket was dated September 14, and is the latest clue in a puzzling mystery into the disappearance and presumed death of Petito, who was reported missing September 11 after embarking on a Western U.S. road trip with Laundrie.
Police recover the Ford Mustang of Gabby Petito's fiance abandoned in parking lot of Florida reserve | Daily Mail Online
*article dated 9/20/21
Thank you! Do we know if it was police or potentially park rangers who found and ticketed the car? Wouldn’t police have ran the plates? That whole timeline and event history of when the parents took the car back home is so fishy to me and seems to be pretty clear cut disparities in their statements. Unless as someone else said, they’re too distracted and upset to remember dates clearly. But I think they’d have a good handle on how long after their son went missing did they bring the car home….yet their statement via lawyer is disproven by the photos at their house. Also, the car was ticketed the same day that it was initially parked there? It just seems really odd, all of it. I’m not saying there are intention lies here, but it doesn’t add up with common sense. They need to clear it up ASAP for their own good, imho.

And that there is 24/7 video surveillance on the parents' home via help of cooperative neighbors. Possibly also audio surveillance within the home too or gathering enough evidence via other means in order to obtain a sealed warrant to do so.
Snipped for response's clarity.
IMO given how their neighbor let Brian Entin tromp around with his news crew in their backyard for days, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were working with LE. I'd be shocked if they weren't.
It also wouldn't surprise me if the Laundries moved out of this neighborhood in the next few months.

Maybe they had backup drives back home, or, having only just started out making videos longer than short insta posts, had not got round to/not thought of the importance of backups yet?

You can upload the footage onto Google Drive and Clouds.

What is all the proof that Brian was spiraling down?

I just want to know why he said he was going hiking Tuesday, but the report for the abandoned car was made at 2:42pm on Tuesday. How is a car abandoned the same day it was parked? That's all I want to know. Can anyone help?

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family
There is no proof BL was spiraling. I've offered that as a possibility because GP's mother said there was increasing tension in the relationship, the Moab police reports about their altercation, his reported "weird" behavior on Aug. 26th, the Merry Piglets incident on the 27th, and GP's death sometime after. It's my opinion only, which I've tried to make clear in my posts, that this could be a sign of spiraling. JMO.

I want to thank you for posting this article. I had not seen it and would very much also like to know why his Mustang was tagged as abandoned on the very same day it supposedly got there. Was it parked illegally on the road or something? I keep hearing about how the Mustang was photographed in the driveway on Wednesday, but do we have any photos of it prior to Tuesday that week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood