Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for response's clarity.
IMO given how their neighbor let Brian Entin tromp around with his news crew in their backyard for days, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were working with LE. I'd be shocked if they weren't.
It also wouldn't surprise me if the Laundries moved out of this neighborhood in the next few months.
They can run, but they can't...uh...hide?

For those of you interested...BL's current Federal charge has him facing what may be a 28 month sentence. Under ordinary circumstances (without being compounded by additional felonies) and having no prior criminal record, his charge could be reduced to a misdemeanor or entirely eliminated if his lawyer offered restitution, an apology and payment of a fine. The amount of the theft could also mean a reduction in the sentence. With proper council, BL could receive fines, an order of restitution and probation. BL would go home to serve out his probation.
With this in mind, it makes absolutely no sense that his current lawyer would encourage or allow BL to go on the run, or that his parents should encourage the same. BL has NOT been charged with any other crime. The current charges could be easily handled and resolved. The madness surrounding this entire event is the fault of the Laundries' lawyer who has created an environment where each lost moment of resolution jinns up public fury and works to vilify his clients even more. His job is to rehabilitate his clients in the eyes of both LE and the public. He hasn't made a move to do this. In doing so, he's chiseled away his clients' credibility across the board and opened the door to an evolving and dangerous environment for them. One of the worst lawyers I have ever seen.

Here's a link to Facts on Federal Credit Card- Fraud Charges.
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...ations/quick-facts/Credit_Card_Fraud_FY16.pdf

it is possible that neither BL's parents nor the attorney have any say in what BL is doing. people seem to think that events that have rolled out
were part of a plan...

Playing devil's advocate here. Let's say BL is either apprehended or turns himself in. A well known defense attorney replaces his current, ineffective council. They go to court and the new story is...
Brian and Gabby, as they had done so many times before, kissed and made up. He decides to go off on his own to hunt berries or camera shots and leaves Gabby near the van to update the website. Upon his return, Gabby is nowhere to be seen, so he peers through the thicket to see if she's exploring the creek bed. Suddenly, he sees two men menacing and beating her. He panics, throws on his backpack and beats it out of there. He's so terrified that he offers $200 to the first campers he meets to get him the hell out of dodge. He's conflicted, he doesn't know if she needs help, she's dead, whatever. Once he reaches Jackson, he develops a conscience, decides to hitch a ride back to the vicinity of the van, stealthily works his way back to the crime scene and finds the assailants gone and Gabby dead. He KNOWS the Moab PD has him and her together battling. He KNOWS he's the last identifiable person to be seen with her. He panics further, leaves her dead body out in the open, grabs the van and books for Florida where he withholds this info from his parents - only relating that something terrifying happened out on the road and he might have either been followed or is in mortal danger. They spot him $5K, drive him to parts unknown and tell him to lose himself.
Johnny Cochran once said, "Sometimes, the one who wins is the one with the best narrative."

Reasonable doubt? Does Brian walk?

No, IMO I highly doubt Brian would walk because the scenario you described likely would not meet the threshold of "reasonable doubt" (although ultimately that decision would fall on the jury). I think the biggest roadblock to the hypothetical scenario you described being enough to create reasonable doubt is the fact that the location where she was killed was not (from what I can tell) a well-trafficked or even moderately-trafficked area. Spread Creek is a dispersed campground that, from what I can tell, is quite out-of-the-way and seems to be visited only by other campers rather than people just passing by. In the Red White & Bethune video that presumably was taken around the time of Gabby's death, there are only a few other campers and they are quite spread out.

This, IMO, will be a problem for the defense because it requires convincing the jury that someone happened to stumble upon Gabby at this remote dispersed campground. MOO the location alone strongly discounts the killed-by-someone-passing-by theory and would probably be even further discredited by the prosecution.

Since it seems unlikely that someone who did not camp at Spread Creek would drive down the road past the spot where the van was parked, a slightly more believable theory might be that she was killed by another camper. That alternative quickly slips out of reasonable doubt territory too, though. We know that the FBI has asked anyone who used the Spread Creek between August 27 and 30 and may have seen Gabby or the van to come forward, so my guess is that most people who were there will have been interviewed by authorities and thus effectively ruled out as viable 'alternate suspects'. MOO.

Oh lawdy... Just when we thought this case couldn't get any more bizarre and surreal, Dog the Bounty Hunter rocks up...
On that note, I've been wondering why Texas EquuSearch hasn't gotten involved. I remember their name coming up once or twice in one of the early threads, but wouldn't they be useful in assisting a search like this? Horses aren't the only things they use.

What are they trying to do? I haven’t had time to read.

Also, can anyone update me as to the police presence yesterday at his home and whether LE seems to be still looking for a dead or alive BL?
I believe OP was referencing the charge against BL for using Gabby’s credit cards after her death.

yesterday was a prank/mistake/swatting. Someone called in a report that gunshots were fired near his house. They found no evidence that was true.

You can upload the footage onto Google Drive and Clouds.
I don’t think you can upload straight to YouTube from Google Drive or the Cloud though. I think you’d have to download them to your computer first which kinda defeats the purpose for storage in her case. With the external hard drive you can simply upload to YouTube as you would with a regular computer.

I am a glutton for punishment, I should just walk away from this story. But, it haunts me.

Per People's article and their friends:

"The romance was on-again, off-again to the point that sometimes it was hard for friends to know if the couple were together.

The pair seemed to fall in and out of love, but friends say they didn't see anything concerning between them. "

"They had very high highs and very low lows," says Chen. "But she always said he was a good boyfriend."

She Was 'Living the Dream': Inside the Tragic Gabby Petito Case | PEOPLE.com

These two young people had an on and off again relationship for SEVEN YEARS.

Not even her father thought there was any danger.

I still have not seen anything to change my mind that these two loved each other very much
but were under tremendous pressure to make it living their dream.
They both were at their breaking points and that is what lead to her death.
Out of control emotions and inability to cope.

Maybe if they had not tried the sometimes glamorized VanLife, they both might still be very much alive. The pressure of the whole last year has been horrible for many people. Murders seem to be at all times high in many places. I just dont see what many people on this site see....

It also works in the reverse.

I agree the Defense Attorney will use this defense...just like OJ did...
But I don't think it's gonna fly.
Circumstantial evidence.
His phone data will tell the complete story.
Also, they'd need foreign DNA on Gabby from the stranger theory.
Would strangers beat a young adult to death in front of other campers in the daylight with gloves and their hair covered? No one heard a thing or saw a gang of scary men? Not one YouTuber or TikToker as mentioned seeing gabby with strange men.
I'd want to see DNA from strangers present if I was on the Jury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members