Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that note, I've been wondering why Texas EquuSearch hasn't gotten involved. I remember their name coming up once or twice in one of the early threads, but wouldn't they be useful in assisting a search like this? Horses aren't the only things they use.
I may be wrong but I have the idea that they are more involved in searching for missing people who may be victims, not fugitives.

While I understand that you're trying to understand the dynamics, couldn't GP's "lashing out," slapping and scratching be "reactive abuse," which is basically a defensive reaction to abuse?
https://breakthesilencedv.org/reactive-abuse-what-it-is-and-why-abusers-rely-on-it/

While BL may indeed have needed distance, why would that involve GP taking a "time out"? If he needed space, couldn't he himself have taken a time out, for instance by going for a walk?

Though surely this isn't your intention, I'm concerned that the notion that he might have "snap[ped] and retaliate[d]" presupposes that GP committed some initial offensive act to which BL was unable to stop himself from responding.

I realize that interpersonal dynamics can be mutually reinforcing and are tricky to talk about, and I'm glad that you say that none of this would justify his actions if he attacked her. But abusive relationships are all too common. In cases of abuse or suspected abuse, I think it's important to be careful to avoid inadvertently buying into the narratives so often spun by abusers, in which they may try to put the responsibility on the abused person.
JMO

I appreciate your reply - it's always good to get differing opinions.

What I'm bearing in mind is the 'evidence' we have been presented with thus far, and to me, that consists of the police stop footage.

That footage was something we could all watch with our own eyes. It's not something anecdotal that's been related by a third party, or what a witness said happened or didn't happen, or a statement that's been made to police that potentially carries bias to either party (BL or GP).

We saw the footage, and in that footage, the person who had visible injuries was BL, and the person who admitted to doing the attacking was GP.

If we are to go purely on evidence presented henceforth, then from that we can only draw the conclusion that for that particular incident, GP was the aggressor.

None of us were privy to any other incidents, and reports have only been via third party witness accounts with no independent footage or CCTV to back them up.

I'm NOT saying they didn't happen, I'm saying that there is no evidence (so far) that they actually did.

MOO

Playing devil's advocate here. Let's say BL is either apprehended or turns himself in. A well known defense attorney replaces his current, ineffective council. They go to court and the new story is...
Brian and Gabby, as they had done so many times before, kissed and made up. He decides to go off on his own to hunt berries or camera shots and leaves Gabby near the van to update the website. Upon his return, Gabby is nowhere to be seen, so he peers through the thicket to see if she's exploring the creek bed. Suddenly, he sees two men menacing and beating her. He panics, throws on his backpack and beats it out of there. He's so terrified that he offers $200 to the first campers he meets to get him the hell out of dodge. He's conflicted, he doesn't know if she needs help, she's dead, whatever. Once he reaches Jackson, he develops a conscience, decides to hitch a ride back to the vicinity of the van, stealthily works his way back to the crime scene and finds the assailants gone and Gabby dead. He KNOWS the Moab PD has him and her together battling. He KNOWS he's the last identifiable person to be seen with her. He panics further, leaves her dead body out in the open, grabs the van and books for Florida where he withholds this info from his parents - only relating that something terrifying happened out on the road and he might have either been followed or is in mortal danger. They spot him $5K, drive him to parts unknown and tell him to lose himself.
Johnny Cochran once said, "Sometimes, the one who wins is the one with the best narrative."

Reasonable doubt? Does Brian walk?

Throw in "they confronted him back at the car and threatened him" and it reeks of the first Jodi Arias "ninja" story. So, no.

I've been married nearly 40 years and I would never attempt a trip like that. We'd last, maybe, one week. You add to that the pressures of Gabby trying to start her business and probably finances were a concern (could be why Brian got so upset with the bill at the restaurant). That whole trip was alot to take on. IMO.

I don’t think for a minute BL had any reason to get upset with employees. I doubt seriously he was footing even a penny of that bill or any other which they incurred. He seems to have somewhat of a history of only showing his bad attitude toward females and he doesn't seem to need much of a legitimate reason for acting the bully. He might have used this uproar tactics regularly to get free meals that would make him look important and manly in his on delusions.

I am a glutton for punishment, I should just walk away from this story. But, it haunts me.

Per People's article and their friends:

"The romance was on-again, off-again to the point that sometimes it was hard for friends to know if the couple were together.

The pair seemed to fall in and out of love, but friends say they didn't see anything concerning between them. "

"They had very high highs and very low lows," says Chen. "But she always said he was a good boyfriend."

She Was 'Living the Dream': Inside the Tragic Gabby Petito Case | PEOPLE.com

These two young people had an on and off again relationship for SEVEN YEARS.

Not even her father thought there was any danger.

I still have not seen anything to change my mind that these two loved each other very much
but were under tremendous pressure to make it living their dream.
They both were at their breaking points and that is what lead to her death.
Out of control emotions and inability to cope.

Maybe if they had not tried the sometimes glamorized VanLife, they both might still be very much alive. The pressure of the whole last year has been horrible for many people. Murders seem to be at all times high in many places. I just dont see what many people on this site see....
I'm disappointed that I can only like this once! Sometimes people bite off more than they can chew.

I am a glutton for punishment, I should just walk away from this story. But, it haunts me.

Per People's article and their friends:

"The romance was on-again, off-again to the point that sometimes it was hard for friends to know if the couple were together.

The pair seemed to fall in and out of love, but friends say they didn't see anything concerning between them. "

"They had very high highs and very low lows," says Chen. "But she always said he was a good boyfriend."

She Was 'Living the Dream': Inside the Tragic Gabby Petito Case | PEOPLE.com

These two young people had an on and off again relationship for SEVEN YEARS.

Not even her father thought there was any danger.

I still have not seen anything to change my mind that these two loved each other very much
but were under tremendous pressure to make it living their dream.
They both were at their breaking points and that is what lead to her death.
Out of control emotions and inability to cope.

Maybe if they had not tried the sometimes glamorized VanLife, they both might still be very much alive. The pressure of the whole last year has been horrible for many people. Murders seem to be at all times high in many places. I just dont see what many people on this site see....
I noticed most of her friends who’ve spoken out say they considered Gabby and Brian #couplegoals, so if nothing else they were at the very least consistent in maintaining that front.

Not sure if it’s been discussed but if BL flew home to Florida between the 17th and the 24th of august how do we explain GBs post on Instagram on the 19th? Unless it was an old photo but BL is definitely in it. Was she not at a hotel? Yet posting from the van?

SEP 25, 2021
Feds File 'Amended' Arrest Warrant for Brian Laundrie (lawandcrime.com)
[...]

The new arrest warrant corrects a minor yet critical error in the original warrant issued two days earlier. The little-noticed error caused confusion among close observers, however, since the original warrant accused Laundrie of committing a crime he ultimately was not accused of committing by a federal grand jury.

To be clear, a grand jury indicted Landrie on one single count for allegedly violating 18 U.S.C. § 1029(a)(2). That statute makes it a crime to use an “unauthorized access device” (e.g., a debit card) and to “obtain[] anything of value aggregating $1,000 or more.” More precisely, the indictment accuses Laundrie of using a Capitol One debit card and its requisite PIN to access more than $1,000 between the dates of Aug. 30 and Sept. 1. The indictment says the alleged debits occurred “in the District of Wyoming and elsewhere.”

[...]

If found, tried, and convicted, Laundrie faces a possible ten-year prison sentence and a fine of up to $250,000 in connection with his current single-count federal indictment in Wyoming.

[...]

OUCH!! That's a tuff sentence. Poor guy. He just can't win, and he?

Let's hope...

Just speculating but I think BL's trip home by plane in August was in response to the fight in Moab. I think he told his parents (falsely) that GP was the aggressor, perhaps even offering "proof" that she was "cited." As a result, I think he was urged to break up and come home. If this is what occurred, the parents would have thenceforth seen GP as the "problem", and they went all in with that false belief to the point of hiring a lawyer when Brian's story about coming back home for good with her van, fell apart. And that's where they remain today, in denial, and unshakeable.

It's my understanding that Gabby was not cited. I thought the police ultimately decided not to charge her because she hadn't had the "intent" of hurting him. The police still arranged for a night alone for them to cool off, but I didn't get the impression that this was mandatory. Is this not correct?

If what you say could be true, why would Brian take so long to leave from the incident? All the flights were booked up until the 17th?

I think that if GP lived with the Laundries, they know the relationship. They probably heard fights and saw things way before this trip. His parents might have never liked her. We don't know.

I still find it very hard to believe BL took this trip but the media isn't talking about the fact that he already left her in the middle of the country alone before. I don't understand why that isn't an important detail to report on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23