Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was in fear for her relationship, for her business, for her life. Somehow her saying "why are you so mean" to him, one hour later became "sometimes I am mean". She was terrified what he would do to her later.

After watching that encounter various times, the most important sentence he said jumped off the page...." I gave her time... " So, who the crzp is HE to give HER time? Her van, her business, she was the heart of that duo. Yet by that time in their trip he was in charge of her van, her phone, her computer time, up to and including whether or not she could enter her own van as her locked her out and tried to abandon her on the street. And he was purposely dirty just to show he could do what he wanted, because it would hurt her "LITTLE vlog"

Listen to that tape again....he admits to threatening her with a public scene in Moab.

Just watch the film without sound. How very creepy, the camera frequently catches him laughing, head tilted back with his whole set of teeth showing from the inside. That was not "smiling" that was chortling, braying like a donkey. (Nothing against donkeys).

Now zoom forward, resume sound, and watch the last part where he is nearly berserk in the back seat of the squad car, unbroken stupid things pouring from that bizarro. The cop, while reassuring Brian that there are women like that in his own family, finally in frustration breaks into BL's manic monologue to say, hey you're not in handcuffs are you?

Nuttmeg, you are so spot on.

With this body cam footage still referenced often in the media, I can't begin to state how loathe I am to watch BL in the replays. It's his body language that just horrifies me.

Now, with being respectful to our rules, I won't go into my personal experiences with DV/emotional abuse, but that video and BL's behavior in it are triggering for a number of reasons.

I did find this article that mentions that the dispatcher from Moab that took the call regarding BL slapping GP may be in some "big hot water" for not communicating that information to LE who responded to the scene. I also found it interesting that in this article, they specified that that call was made through the non-emergency line and not 911.

Fox News: Gabby Petito homicide: Utah officers may not have had all information responding to Moab incident, experts say.
Gabby Petito homicide: Utah officers may not have had all information responding to Moab incident, experts say

I am interested in knowing why GP’s mom and step-dad say they can’t talk about the “no service” text in the 48 Hours episode. I wonder whether they might have already learned GP’s approximate time of death and would therefore have certainty that GP did not write that text. It would seem compassionate for the ME to share some details privately with them. It might also explain the arrest warrant wording. Hmmm…
I think he sent that text after the murder to mislead Gabby's parents. Imo

This in-depth article states -
"Nichole Schmidt: It was actually Friday, the 10th, that I decided to call police because I had had 10 days, 10 — almost 11 days was enough for me to not hear from my child. And I got the runaround. Nobody wanted to report her missing. She's an adult. She's traveling. … As a mother, I said it's not like her. Finally, that Saturday, I went personally to Suffolk County Fifth Precinct and a wonderful detective decided to take the case."
Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: " He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

I think this is why the first search warrant emphasizes concerns for her mental health -- because it was hard, otherwise, to get LE to take aggressive steps to investigate, because she was an adult who was traveling, as her mother says she was told by LE when she tried to put in the missing persons report.

what i wonder about today...
**If BL is found alive and ends up going to trial for whatever charge they feel that may be related to GP. . , do you think that would he use 'self defense' as she is recorded criminally for being aggressor? (despite what most of us stand on this).
As recent history attests, "a mountain of evidence" in a "slam dunk" case doesn't necessarily equal a conviction.

I'm surprised former girlfriends of BL haven't come forward. It would be interesting to know if this current behavior has a pre-history.
Former girlfriends? Not sure he ever had one. Only Gabby was nice enought to tolerate him. Someone posted here previously that he dated Gabby on and off for 7 years. I don't think there has been a mention of anyone else.

@10ofRods Sorry for snipping some of your good points but SBM to comment that — I couldn’t agree more. And that is the most distressing thing to me, is that their silence is creating, as you eloquently said, a horrible vaccuum. There is no getting around that and no excusing it, IMO.

I never attempted to excuse them, at all.
What if BL’s parents emerged from their silence now, honestly stated their truth as they know it, and publicly appealed for BL to reveal himself? Not that any of what they have to say is believable and understandable to us after all their weeks of suspected involvement. At this point, they have nothing to lose by doing so. LE will prove the level of the parents’ involvement either way.

IMO, the best escape route for BL would have been going to Del Rio Texas and mix in with the refugees under the bridge. Uncle Sam would have even provided him with a flight to his final destination.

They had vegetarian options. Would he not eat at any establishment that served meat? Isn’t that irony if he’s truly out in the wild now. I doubt he is surviving off grasses and palms.
They said they didn't have video that went back to that day from what I read. Also, as I was thinking about this, I thought maybe that's what drove him over the edge, she wanted to eat out somewhere and have some semblance of normalcy, he acquiesced and he stewed and stewed while he was there sitting among those people who are "less than him" (his thoughts) and that helped enrage him. MOO

Mod Note:

Gabby's main thread will be closed from 12:00 - 1:00 to honor Gabby with a moment of silence regarding the case. A separate thread Honoring the Life of Gabby Petito (websleuths.com) will be open from the hours of 11:00 AM EST - 2:00 PM EST for those that wish to join the live service or share tributes.

Tiff
Are you reading my mind ? What a beautiful way to honor Gabbys life. Thank you @Tiff23fr for your dedication and hard work.

I think this is likely as well. If the parents offered as proof that they ate out with him, they would surely be looking to corroborate.
And I’m willing to place a bet he did NOT return with them. On a side note it seems every time Mrs Laundrie goes anywhere she packs a meal...(that’s from the pics I’ve seen)

JS said that the van had been parked in an unauthorized place for several days, and she was surprised the park service had let that occur. Is this another link in the series of events leading to his having the seclusion to IMO kill her and carry/drag her body around?
Apparently that fact didn't disturb other campers or they would have reported it to park service. I think the campers in secluded areas stay out of each others business, for the most part. One of the advantages sought in secluding. jmo

Ohhh, sadly many teachers/educators will tell you, there are lots of parents who lie for their kids, and claim "not my little Johnny". Then they grow up and found out the teachers were right, but by then it's too late. These two are probably still telling police he didn't do anything wrong.
Case in point - Joel Guy Jr. The parents just couldn't do enough, built their lives around him, lost their lives at the end of a kill list. Sometimes, its better to cut the cord sooner rather than later.

Former girlfriends? Not sure he ever had one. Only Gabby was nice enought to tolerate him. Someone posted here previously that he dated Gabby on and off for 7 years. I don't think there has been a mention of anyone else.
The article said that they had dated starting when she was a sophomore and he was a junior in high school. I think you're right, other than breaking up frequently I think they were together since early high school.

I'm surprised former girlfriends of BL haven't come forward. It would be interesting to know if this current behavior has a pre-history.

I’m scratching my head over this. Why hasn’t anyone come out to speak about Brian? We always have childhood friends come forward or former boyfriends/girlfriends…. Previous neighbors, former coworkers or employers. Sometimes to say I never saw this kind of behavior, this is not the guy I knew or oh yeah he was the loner and weirdo in school. Drew dark and violent sketches, totally not shocked by this. None of this has come out, just crickets. Baffles me. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona