Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start by saying I am not a seasoned hiker, and I don't like to camp but I did some research re the AT. I live in NH and have been on part of the AT trail... and I know the terrain in the northern part of the trails (NH/ME) are considered the hardest parts.

According to my "research" on average, if you start in the South and work North, you could do 12-16 miles a day (and assuming this is for a hiker that is not on the run from anything). So lets say he has been on the trail since the 10th - he could be roughly 272 miles into the trail so likely in the Tennessee/NC area by now.

I will end by saying I was never any good at those math word problems (if a train departs station A @ ....) so this is JMO. :)

And the further north he goes, the colder it will get, very soon, so he'll need to buy warmer gear. It's already going down in the 40s here at night in New England.

I found some handy websites that list many locations just a short hike off the trail where hikers can purchase supplies. I wonder if those places all have posters up with his photo? Then again, someone mentioned a few days ago here that he wasn't listed yet on any missing persons sites.

His first thought was to leave her dead or dying, leave the van there and hitch to parts unknown. Once he was picked up by the first campers, he came to the conclusion that with other campers around, her body might be found sooner rather than later. He was afraid he'd be picked up by the cops somewhere on the road with this thumb sticking out. He changed his plan abruptly, found a ride back near to where the van was and skedaddled back to North Port. He basically ditched all responsibility to save his own skin.
Exactly..
That would have been the perfect time to head out for parts unknown. He would have been so long gone.
I think BL is a wannabe Survivalist/Expert on any dang thing. He isn't seasoned enough to survive out there in the woods and off the land. Heck.. He ran to mommy and daddy's awful quick.
He wouldn't have went on this road trip if not for Gabbys help.

He had help heading out to hide. Plain and Simple.
Jmo.

Question about the bank fraud charge. Does something like that come with a trial, or not? (NOT a murder charge, the one bank fraud indictment).
If there ever is a subpoena or a charge against BL, the bank charge would be included with other charges, i.e. murder, IMO, unless LE chooses to try him for fraud as soon as he is found. And what about auto theft? Throw the whole book... :mad:

Has it already been speculated that BL went to Colter Bay because it has public shower and coin-op laundry?
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143029-i1019-k13335424-Showers_at_Colter_Bay-Grand_Teton_National_Park_Wyoming.html
Gabby Petito: Police spoke to woman who claimed to see Laundrie days after Gabby last seen

MOO: Crime of passion murder; she was murdered soon after and because of the Jackson Hole incident (he freaked out when MB mentioned Jackson Hole) [ebm]. Then he hiked to Colter Bay to shower and wash clothes to remove evidence (MB said he was clean) before returning to the van. He falsified evidence (text message and sticker on van) that they traveled to California. MOO

Far be it from me to defend BL, but isn't it possible that he didn't want either of them to be front line workers during a raging pandemic in a state where the act of wearing a mask can make people angry?
No. IMO.

The cards are a problem regardless of whether he had his money in the accounts, or had permission. All that ends when the account owner dies. Even with POA. The accounts had to be specifically set up so that he could use if she died and they were not.
Given what a pain in the body parts to all he has been, if LE can’t make anything else stick, they’ll push this to max.
The only catch I see in the card use is if they can truly prove she was dead the days he used that card

-The term “device” was used in the warrant. That can refer to the actual debit card or device (iPad, iPhone or computer) used to obtain or transfer the funds. He possibly could have had the pin to her phone. There appear to be several incidents between them, involving her phone and other incidents that may have been triggered by financial issues.
I wouldn’t be surprised if LE is looking for a phone or even possibly a gun/weapon in the reserve. Too much time has elapsed to think they are actually looking for BL there. I imagine AT is a much stronger possibility.

p.s. when LE quickly dismiss tips or connections it makes me think they want to keep these things quiet. I think the deer cam footage might very well be him. (Enroute to AT and distance at the time very plausible) MOO

Dog the Bounty Hunter joins Brian Laundrie manhunt, says he's received more than 1,000 leads | Fox News

Duane "Dog" Chapman said on "Fox & Friends"Monday he's received more than 1,000 tips since joining the search for Brian Laundrie.

"We've gotten over a thousand leads… So we're going through all those leads," said the famed bounty hunter. "It's incredible pictures of him here, they're here. We're going through all those leads right now."

"I would say within 48 hours, we probably will have a location where we start the tracking at."
I'd like all the Christians out there to start praying," said Chapman. "What they haven't asked for is prayer, now it's time for prayer."

Highly likely they were pooling their money and resources. He did work. But it looked like she was the one with the card, registered vehicle, cellphone. But as they were living together, considered themselves a couple snd were so considered by friends and family, and this trip is very much acknowledged as a joint venture, I’d say it was their joint resources until she died.

Just tossing this out there as it is part of my experience with someone like BL. If BL is like a lot of others with his personality issues, his credit may not have been great. He may not have been able to have his own accounts and the like and so most likely, everything was in GP's name. Bad credit is a common theme among these types of people. So it could very well be that both of their money was in GP's account and he used this as another way to control the finances because he already felt inadequate for having to rely on her. JMO.

He ran home twice that we know of. No telling how many other times he might have flown home for this or that.
He depends on his parents more than most young men of that age.
Personally I think they are enablers but who knows.
With that he might just return and be caught at his own home. MOO
I seriously doubt he will return to his parents home.
He might have contact with his attorney tho, who can get a message to his parents. But the authorities are on his parents like white on rice so that probably isn't happening either.
moo

I respect John Walsh, but if there are "tips" saying he's in, potentially, three totally different countries, the tips aren't very helpful and sound like guesses... JMO
I dropped by WS this morning to see if there were any "potential sighting" locations I needed to add to the map, and yeah.... "somewhere in Mexico" isn't exactly pinpointing it much there, Walsh.

MOO

I can see the appeal of van life. I did it in the 70's. I quit my bank job to go live with my surfer boyfriend in his VW van for two months. We hit all the beaches in California. I loved it. I caught so much flak from my family. I wouldn't trade that experience in the world. But it is definitely not for everyone.
8 weeks in my VWbus! 1977. Had a great trip! jmo

Maybe so. But there are newspapers there, too. And other American travelers will be looking for him. I would think the entire missionary community would have their eyes open for him.

I think there are 3 newspapers in Belize. 2 out of Belmopan and 1 out of San Pedro. In the southern part of Belize, there are no "paper routes". Most people get their news from the radio. However, more young people there do have phones.

I don't know that he can pull it off, but southern Belize is a great place to try it. Another option in Belize is Belmopan or Dangriga and live slightly urban. The downsides to that are many Americans (Belmopan) and smaller urban size (Dangriga).

If he stayed on the move, he could stay on the run for quite a while in Central America.

Can you expand on this? Two bodies? Do you mean in the reserve? Or...? Thanks!
To my knowledge not in the reserve, one in Alabama (homeless gentleman) and the second near, not in, the reserve (female in Pasco County). Got me to thinking though, this far out if they find a body, chances are good that it may be significantly decomposed. There fore a good idea to have something to match it with. Just a thought and JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph