Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the Life360 app since it first cam out in 2008. The paid Platinum. I will never go without it.
I truly wish that Gabby would have installed the app before she went on the road trip. Her parents would have had a realtime view of her whereabouts while on the road.

Am I alone in thinking it's very odd that his parents purchased a phone with an AT&T plan for him on the 4th?

What happened to the old one?

Even if he only used the old phone for texts and didn't have a voice plan, they could have just upgraded his plan. Did he toss his phone on the way back or before he left so that there wouldn't be pings?

But that doesn't make sense, since he was so careless about using the ATM card.

Was there something incriminating on his phone that made him physically destroy it?
Apologize in advance if it’s been said already; was he on another plan of his parents? Or his own plan? I’m wondering if he was piggybacking on Gabby’s plan? And was that plan held by one of her parents? Maybe that’s why RL got him anew plan?

I was just looking at my drone that is sitting on my coffee table, I used it last night that is where I plopped it down lol.
Gabby’s drone must have been still in the van so they will be checking the sd card, the internal memory that is built in, plus the controller. All of those with that drone have a wealth of info.
It is illegal to fly a drone in a National Forest unless you have a permit.
Maybe they used the drone in the Teton Reserve without a permit and there is something on the footage maybe

The phone saga, gah.

The Laundrie family's attorney Steven Bertolino said the phone was purchased on September 4. It's believed to be the same phone Brian left behind when he disappeared from his parent's home on September 14.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443279866506448901

I'm not seeing that LE or the attorney has confirmed Brian purchased a burner phone on September 14. There are several news stories that say the FBI obtained surveillance footage from an AT&T store in North Point, where the Laundries reside, but I'm seeing nothing about a burner phone.

It's my opinion that 'burner phone' is clickbait at this point. There doesn't seem to be anything to suggest he bought a phone other than the one his attorney said was purchased on September 4.

And here's something to consider: If Brian got a new phone on September 4 and presumably a new account, which requires identification, does it make sense he'd return to the same store on September 14, as a now infamous person of interest, to get a burner phone that can easily be purchased at 7-11 and gas stations?

And to do this quite possibly with his mother present, as suggested in several 'news' stories?

It's not uncommon for people who intend to commit suicide to leave their phones and wallets at home. I've read this in several stories about people who took their own life. I think this is where things stand with Brian's parents.

As for why they waited three days to notify the police: their son wasn't a suspect, he's done solo trips before, he's a minimalist who probably prefers books to smart phones, and cash and a driver's license don't require a wallet for safe keeping.

I really don't play devil's advocate. I'm mostly just interested in delineating conjecture from facts.

The phone saga, gah.

The Laundrie family's attorney Steven Bertolino said the phone was purchased on September 4. It's believed to be the same phone Brian left behind when he disappeared from his parent's home on September 14.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443279866506448901

I'm not seeing that LE or the attorney has confirmed Brian purchased a burner phone on September 14. There are several news stories that say the FBI obtained surveillance footage from an AT&T store in North Point, where the Laundries reside, but I'm seeing nothing about a burner phone.

It's my opinion that 'burner phone' is clickbait at this point. There doesn't seem to be anything to suggest he bought a phone other than the one his attorney said was purchased on September 4.

And here's something to consider: If Brian got a new phone on September 4 and presumably a new account, which requires identification, does it make sense he'd return to the same store on September 14, as a now infamous person of interest, to get a burner phone that can easily be purchased at 7-11 and gas stations?

And to do this quite possibly with his mother present, as suggested in several 'news' stories?

It's not uncommon for people who intend to commit suicide to leave their phones and wallets at home. I've read this in several stories about people who took their own life. I think this is where things stand with Brian's parents.

As for why they waited three days to notify the police: their son wasn't a suspect, he's done solo trips before, he's a minimalist who probably prefers books to smart phones, and cash and a driver's license don't require a wallet for safe keeping.

I really don't play devil's advocate. I'm mostly just interested in delineating conjecture from facts.

BBM (above)

Has it ever been stated/clarified that he took his driver's license with him in the Mustang? I've always assumed it would have been left at home in his wallet.

I was just looking at my drone that is sitting on my coffee table, I used it last night that is where I plopped it down lol.
Gabby’s drone must have been still in the van so they will be checking the sd card, the internal memory that is built in, plus the controller. All of those with that drone have a wealth of info.
It is illegal to fly a drone in a National Forest unless you have a permit.
Maybe they used the drone in the Teton Reserve without a permit and there is something on the footage maybe
Clever thinking. I forgot about the drone. She probably took an enormous amount of footage on her travels. Her family will have that to look forward to once the FBI returns it to them. Hopefully it's been located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member