Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he got a new phone number with the new phone on September 4th, then Gabby's mom would have been trying to reach him via texts and phone calls to his old number.

And based on not being able to get ahold of either of them on the phone #s she had, she would have every reason to be extremely concerned and to alert the Laundrie family that perhaps BOTH GP and BL were missing.

Again, the lack of response by the Laundrie family to this very alarming situation is unfathomable. If I were GP's mother and did not have a response from either of them, I would likely be contacting LE in the last place they were known to be. I believe that would have been Grand Teton National Park, as GP had done the video chat with Mom on 8/25.

According to this article, on Aug. 31, RL canceled previously made camping plans for two people from Sept. 1-3. It makes sense that she knew her son was coming home by Aug. 31. Then on Sept. 3, she reserved a spot for the three of them for Sept. 6-8.

So, while I think it's likely BL called his parents from the road and told them what happened, I have to entertain the idea that possibly he called them and told them he was coming home, but told them something else about GP. If they took a break after the Moab altercation, maybe his parents figured this was another break and had no idea about GP's death when he came home. If it's accurate that GP's mom didn't try to get ahold of them until the 9th or 10th, what's to say BL's parents didn't just think GP was with her folks, or whatever, for those 10 days. If BL made up a plausible story, they had no reason not to go about life, camping, buying a new phone, etc., none the wiser. Until GP's mom starts trying to communicate. Then, maybe his parents were like, "Hey, Bri, what's this? I thought you said she was at home?" (Or whatever...). If they questioned him and he finally fessed up, it was probably shock, figuring out what to do next, and calling the lawyer. IDK...
So, pick up the phone and tell GP's parents:
1. "We don't know either."
2. "She's NOT with you?"
3. "You haven't heard ANYTHING?"
4. "She didn't call you about picking her up at the airport?"
5. "Here's Brian. (Hands phone to BL) He'll tell you what happened."
MOOOOOOOOO

I don't think her parents know when he was last seen. They probably discovered he came home without her on Sept 10th, the day of the police incident at the Laundrie house. Once police confirmed Brian was home and there was no sign of Gabby, her mom was able to file a missing persons report on the 11th. IMO

I just spent a minute trying to imagine what that must have felt like for Gabby's family to learn that Brian was home in Florida with her van....and Gabby was completely out of communication. They must have been so frantic, so terrified. Then to have no one return their calls or texts. It turns out they were right if they assumed the worst in that moment, but it must have been so awful.

If he got a new phone number with the new phone on September 4th, then Gabby's mom would have been trying to reach him via texts and phone calls to his old number.

That's what I'm thinking. IMO, he disposed of his old phone, claimed that he lost it, and that the fight with Gabby was so bad that he wanted to change numbers so she couldn't reach him anymore.

Geez:

FAip_7sVEAMgRYV
That's interesting. I had posted about Myakka River State park previously. That's north of the Carlton Reserve where this plane is flying. He would have to be quite an outdoorsman to survive in that area without supplies and shelter. IMHO.

I keep going back to that camping trip the L family took the weekend prior to BL's disappearance. What if that weekend were used to deliver supplies to a predetermined location for BL to use after he disappeared? All sorts of survival supplies, food, drinking water, etc could have been stashed somewhere prior to the day of disappearance and nobody will suspect you are preparing to go on the lam when they see you buying supplies because, nothing to see here, just getting stuff for a family camping weekend.
They cancelled the first one and rebooked for the 6th

This is a lovely father and son photo where BL is showing warmth towards his dad and I can well believe they are close, however I have a very different view of his mother. His parents remind me a lot of Chris Watts’ parents in some ways. Both mothers seem to be the dominant parent and the fathers seem to play a passive role. I’d really like to know about ML’s relationship with his mother. As his sister is quite a few years older, maybe he was raised to be the special child who could do no wrong.

BL & dad.jpg

Protesters gather outside Brian Laundrie's parents' house as swamp hunt is scaled back | Daily Mail Online

I’ve been seeing posts about Peace River Search & Rescue, the SAR team DTBH has brought in to assist. As a Floridian who is familiar w/PRSAR and is happy to see them involved, take a minute to google them. I’m not sure if I can put they’re link here, so I won’t. But they are top notch!!
I contacted them days ago and I was sent an email letting me know that no one contacted them yet about it but they would check into it.
My cousin owns Rocky Mountain Airscent horses that we used when searching for missing people. He is on the east coast where I moved from so unfortunately he could not do the search in Florida

LifeStraw, he could boil, strain water but would need a fire for that. Difficult but not impossible. He most likely has a LifeStraw.

LifeStraw, filters, purification powder... I'd never heard of a LifeStraw before this thread and that of Jonathan Gerrish and Ellen Chung - it was always powder in my day - but I'm with you that it's not outside of the realms of possibility at all!

ETA: JG and EC's case has made me much more aware of the issue of toxic algae, which isn't able to be filtered out, but I drank from many a stream in SE Asia using purification powder without much issue beyond mild stomach upset. Does anyone have more info regarding the potential problems drinking from swamp water in Florida or elsewhere in the US?

Last edited:
I find it surprising that they're still searching the Carlton Reserve. Apparently there's no safe drinking water there. He may have survived on peanut butter crackers and/or cheese when he allegedly went camping for a 6 weeks, but no-one can survive in an environment without clean water.

Drinking contaminated water can make you really sick as it can be filled with bacteria, viruses, and parasites that can result in waterborne diseases such as cryptosporidiosis or giardiasis. He’d end up with absolutely appalling diarrhoea plus vomiting, and stomach pain. That’s a life experience he’ll remember when languishing in a cell.

Don't the camping sites in the reserve have access to potable water?

Could folks that own private jets join in on the search? I am assuming that would be yes but can you really turn a plane as easily as you can a helicopter? Seems odd.

Jets are VERY expensive to fly. They fly high and fast which is not applicable for most search and rescue.

I could see summoning a jet to fly some distance quickly over the Rockies to “take a look” for something big, such as a plane crash site… but using a jet to search a campground or swamp, never.

Jets do not like to fly low and slow, especially while turning, and it is very tedious for the pilot to keep them flying safely when maneuvering at low altitudes (for example, turning before landing.)

Last edited:
I keep going back to that camping trip the L family took the weekend prior to BL's disappearance. What if that weekend were used to deliver supplies to a predetermined location for BL to use after he disappeared? All sorts of survival supplies, food, drinking water, etc could have been stashed somewhere prior to the day of disappearance and nobody will suspect you are preparing to go on the lam when they see you buying supplies because, nothing to see here, just getting stuff for a family camping weekend.
It would be interesting to see all their purchases between the time he got home and the time he disappeared. I wonder if they consistently shop at the same places and LE can find out or catch them all on cameras.

I just spent a minute trying to imagine what that must have felt like for Gabby's family to learn that Brian was home in Florida with her van....and Gabby was completely out of communication. They must have been so frantic, so terrified. Then to have no one return their calls or texts. It turns out they were right if they assumed the worst in that moment, but it must have been so awful.
Question. If they talked to nobody how did they find out Gabby’s van was at Brian’s parents home. I believe Gabby’s family were all in NY.

I find it surprising that they're still searching the Carlton Reserve. Apparently there's no safe drinking water there. He may have survived on peanut butter crackers and/or cheese when he allegedly went camping for a 6 weeks, but no-one can survive in an environment without clean water.

Drinking contaminated water can make you really sick as it can be filled with bacteria, viruses, and parasites that can result in waterborne diseases such as cryptosporidiosis or giardiasis. He’d end up with absolutely appalling diarrhoea plus vomiting, and stomach pain. That’s a life experience he’ll remember when languishing in a cell.
You can clean up water with a lightweight, compact, filter. However, there are some toxins it won't remove, e.g. toxic algae (see the Gerrish-Chung and Courtier cases where this was discussed). At some point, the filter will be done or the parts will break, but not yet if it's new.

Yes, very plausible.

However in that context, I think the incident where BL reportedly flew back to FL to remove her stuff from storage and put it in the parents garage is not making sense.

That would require some sort of personal interaction between BL or his parents and GP and/or her parents to retrieve her possessions from their garage. In a breakup with volatile components (like the 911 call with physical attack and verbal abuse) the last thing anyone would want would be a confrontation over some personal effects.

It would have been much easier to remove his things from storage, leave her things there, and tell her parents the storage unit needed to be cleaned out by X date and let them pay for it.

I think that trip back will tell us a lot about the Laundrie family plans and their subsequent behaviour when he returned.

I don't think he made a.trip back to.Florida!
I think they had a fight she stayed in the hotel he stayed in the van!
Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads