Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. If they talked to nobody how did they find out Gabby’s van was at Brian’s parents home. I believe Gabby’s family were all in NY.
MOO
I think one of the 911 calls on 9/10 were Gabby's parents calling for a welfare check on Brian and Gabby - I'm not sure how it works but I can imagine an officer relaying the information that they had contact with Brian's family and that he's fine. Then Gabby's parents would likely ask if the van was there - and the officer would have told them. It also makes me wonder if there was a welfare check on 9/10, if the officer would have needed to talk to Brian or his parents to clear the call? If so, would the officer have asked about Gabby - and I wonder what they would have said? Because on the 10th when Gabby's mom tried to file a Missing Person's report they wouldn't let her do it in Florida - I'm assuming it is partially based on whatever they were told when LE went out to the house on 9/10?

My questions is not about the new phone that was purchased.....but where is his OLD phone and GPs phone? This new phone was obviously purchased to replace the OLD phone.
agree. The location of the phone he had before his sudden return without GP and her phone are what I am interested in. The replacement phone is IMO a red herring, meant to possibly obscure the fact that his phone is just as MIA as he is, but we have no way of knowing if he still has his "missing" phone or if it is destroyed or hidden away somewhere. And where is GP's phone? Is it somewhere along the roadside, chucked out a window after BL (SPECULATION) made texts from it to further confuse the issue of where is Gabby while her family was desperately trying to reach her?

Because they want to think it was a burner with no evidence that it was. More exciting..... jmo
Yes. I'm not sure why everyone is so convinced he even has a phone on him. Yes, he's part of a generation that are attached to their phones but he's also known to prefer to spend time in places that are likely to have poor/ no coverage. He knows how to exist without it. Surely, knowing he would be searched for he'd believe, at least on the front end, that a phone is more liability than he can afford. I'm not a hiker and would still ditch my tracking device first thing if I were on the run. JMO

Let's see...there's a nationwide (if not worldwide) BOLO out for BL. Everyone in LE has your mug embedded in their brains. Driving is out. Airport? Nah. Hop a train? This ain't The Grapes of Wrath. You don't get away with that stuff much anymore. The only way out is that wide and expansive Gulf of Mexico with access to myriads of islands, fish to eat, edible plants and coconuts to add veggies to the platter, and occasional meet ups with the dedicated sailing enthusiasts who don't pay much attention to the news. You know, van lifers who are by choice boat lifers. The vagabonds of the sea who live off the grid on their boats. No need to stock up on food, because its there for the foraging. A few Life Straws and you're hydrated. Park in a lagoon or inlet by day - use your map and compass by night. Pull into a small sea of reeds...and you're virtually invisible. Thousands of nautical miles and nary a cop in sight.
MOO
I think he was long gone before they even started looking for him!

It would be interesting to see all their purchases between the time he got home and the time he disappeared. I wonder if they consistently shop at the same places and LE can find out or catch them all on cameras.
Can the FBI access the parents credit card and banking info even though they've not been charged with any crimes? Can they do it just because they're the FBI and they want the info?

agree. The location of the phone he had before his sudden return without GP and her phone are what I am interested in. The replacement phone is IMO a red herring, meant to possibly obscure the fact that his phone is just as MIA as he is, but we have no way of knowing if he still has his "missing" phone or if it is destroyed or hidden away somewhere. And where is GP's phone? Is it somewhere along the roadside, chucked out a window after BL (SPECULATION) made texts from it to further confuse the issue of where is Gabby while her family was desperately trying to reach her?
It could even be rigged up in a tree at the reserve hooked up to a solar charger just to throw off police. Literally could be anywhere!!!

For all anyone knows, he could have hopped a freight train and is now in chicago, detroit, indy, NY, or anyway else in or outside the U.S.

Many, many vids on YT on how to travel without getting caught on a train.
Maybe he traded the vanlife for the trainlife.
MOO

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443569077235044363

1/2
New text from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino:

"I can confirm that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone. (Not a burner.) ...

2/2 ...Brian left that phone at home the day he went for a hike in the preserve on September 14, 2021 and the FBI now has that phone."

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443579412662738948

Followed up with: Do you know where Brian's previous phone is? The one he had while traveling out West with Gabby?
Bertolino response: No.

I'm not sure I believe this guy. He also said the mustang came back on Thursday. It was back on Wednesday.

Hi there Cedar Sherwood!
Thank you so very much for your compliment, you made my day!
Yes even the information stored in the controller has a ton of info.
Longitude and latitude home address, time and date, email address you used for that when it was installed on your phone or tablet app. Also any credit card info used with the app. Even if the sd card was taken out, the internal memory and the controller has everything.

It even shows the longitude and latitude where you first took it out of the box and set it up

No make sure you remember all this in case you have a drone sitting around that you want to sell on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist or anything like that….do not sell it!!
That's pretty remarkable. I had no clue drones store all of that information. So, they record longitude and latitude for every video that's filmed?

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is a lovely father and son photo where BL is showing warmth towards his dad and I can well believe they are close, however I have a very different view of his mother. His parents remind me a lot of Chris Watts’ parents in some ways. Both mothers seem to be the dominant parent and the fathers seem to play a passive role. I’d really like to know about ML’s relationship with his mother. As his sister is quite a few years older, maybe he was raised to be the special child who could do no wrong.

View attachment 315513

Protesters gather outside Brian Laundrie's parents' house as swamp hunt is scaled back | Daily Mail Online

Funny, I got the vibe too....mother rules the house. IMO if Brian is hiding, mother is the one that helped plan and is in contact with him. Could they have given him cash and maybe those prepaid visa cards, all bought with cash. I just dont see a lot of mourning at the Laundrie home, could be completely wrong....

Last edited:
IIRC during the 48 Hours interview, her mom couldnt discuss the last conversation with her daughter - I was confused about this because I originally remember hearing that the last text she received was the one about Yosemite - So I thought that maybe since that originally came out, and the timing of the interview she was told not to discuss it (although seeing it was already out seems odd in MOO). Now I am thinking maybe she did facetime with her or something on the 30th to say that she was going to be coming home (since her mom said she knew she would be on her way back...) maybe?
If so, he'd have to kill her almost immediately following, then hit the road immediately with minimal stops and sleeping for him to make it to FL at 10:30am on 9/1. Remember, he was losing hours on the drive back, not gaining.

MOO
I think one of the 911 calls on 9/10 were Gabby's parents calling for a welfare check on Brian and Gabby - I'm not sure how it works but I can imagine an officer relaying the information that they had contact with Brian's family and that he's fine. Then Gabby's parents would likely ask if the van was there - and the officer would have told them. It also makes me wonder if there was a welfare check on 9/10, if the officer would have needed to talk to Brian or his parents to clear the call? If so, would the officer have asked about Gabby - and I wonder what they would have said? Because on the 10th when Gabby's mom tried to file a Missing Person's report they wouldn't let her do it in Florida - I'm assuming it is partially based on whatever they were told when LE went out to the house on 9/10?

But that would not show on a 911 report originating from the Laundrie home.

Beyond me that the campground didn't alert FBI to the fact that the Laundries had stayed there prior to Dog uncovering it. The entire country is on the search for BL.

It's mind blowing to me that it took this long for that to come uncovered ONLY to find out Dog really had a hand in it. Very disappointing that they've been looking in the wrong spots for this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23