Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a dumb question. I’ve been following this case in it’s entirety but have never heard the FBI say they do not know where BL is. Only that they are searching Carlton Reserve etc. Has anyone seen a statement from FBI that says they don’t know where he is. I know what Chris and Roberta have said but I’m starting to wonder if they all know where he is and maybe he’s covered by HIPPA laws.

This might be a dumb question. I’ve been following this case in it’s entirety but have never heard the FBI say they do not know where BL is. Only that they are searching Carlton Reserve etc. Has anyone seen a statement from FBI that says they don’t know where he is. I know what Chris and Roberta have said but I’m starting to wonder if they all know where he is and maybe he’s covered by HIPPA laws.

The feds wouldn’t make a comment on this either way.

Shout out to the Mods for their dedication and hard work!! I can't imagine having to read and edit threads of repetitive information. I've had to step away from this thread specifically bc it moves so very quickly and there is no new information. I'm hoping BL's sorry ace is caught soon.
And a shout out to all our fellow WS'ers who stay within TOS and resist the impulse and itchy fingers to type what you *really* think of BL and his family!!!!
Stay tuned, this circus is about to come to a grinding halt.

Go Dog!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Can we start off the day saying the timeline from 9/1 to 9/10 is still a mystery to us? A lot have assumed that parents knew, hired attorney, ignored calls on 9/1 or over that time period but we don't know what happened when. Just throwing that out there before we have 10 pages of arguments. When they knew and what they knew can change the narrative wildly so assumptions are dangerous.
AGREE, I can give the parents somewhat of a pass UNTIL Sept 10 when we know that Gabby's parents tried to communicate with Laundries and were deliberately ignored. I think that it is plausible that BL communicated to his parents on August 31 that he was on his way home alone, that he and Gabby broke up and that she was or had flown to NY to her family. That would explain why his parents didn't feel the need to contact her parents, or Gabby, herself. They believed that she was in NY w her family. So, they canceled the camping plans fro Sept 1-3 after hearing from BL. They probably all decided to use the new camper and then made a reservation on Sept 3, for a campsite for Sept 6-8 for 3. All we know right now is that Gabby's mom FIRST attempted to get in touch with them on Sept 10. We don't know if it was text or voice mail or what was said, but by then Brian had already instructed his parents to not communicate with Gabby or her family, because he was done with all of them. They complied with his wishes, but of course, KNEW that her family was frantic and that she had NOT flown to NY, as Brian had told them. Everything that they have and have not done beyond Sept 10 is highly suspicious. No passes from me, beyond that point. All JMO.

Perhaps they are going to go "camping" again, just like BL.
Seriously though, they should board up that house and go somewhere else. It's in their own best interest (isn't everything?) at this point.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I would imagine that they might be extremely apprehensive about damage that could be done to their home by people who might be inclined to be destructive - if they leave their home unoccupied.

When I look at the bullhorners parading in front of their home, I can only imagine what could happen at the hands of intrusive people.

On tracking:

The most compelling tracking I've heard was from Your Own Backyard podcast - the dog there and also that device the guy used to track basically her DNA. I'm sorry I can't be more specific as it's been a while and I don't want to re-listen to find the details...

But, that being said - I kind of wish dog would employ these tracking techniques/people as I've never been so impressed with how compelling and incredible these two tracking systems worked. Perhaps they were just for cadavers? I don't recall.

Who would be that loyal though? If they were family, FBI would have found them. If they were a hired stranger, they'd have turned him in.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I just keep going back to "why would he hide out on an island, where he has no way to escape if they close in on him." And for the right amount of money, people will do some pretty shady things, IMO.

Published in Australia today .... for those who are interested in the psychology behind the massive public interest in this case.

Here's why you can't look away from the Gabby Petito story
Thank you so much for posting the link to this article. Lots to think about -- and brings up some points that IMO should be required reading along with the TOS. :)

One thing that really resonated with me: "...If you're spending a lot of time online following this case or another one like it, Dr Collett recommends reflecting on your presence there and how you're feeding into the noise surrounding it.

"Think about what you're liking and circulating. And if you're posting, think about whether you're respecting what is a tragic circumstance, and whether it's helping in some way," he suggests.
"

In the end, I just hope that there is some #justiceforGabby for her sake and the sake of her loving family and friends.

Florida police send Fox News lengthy list of 911 calls to Brian Laundrie home since saga began
There were at least 46 911 calls placed at the North Port, Fla. home of Brian Laundrie between September 10 and the 27th, according to police records obtained by Fox News Digital.

North Port Police Department provided Fox News Digital with 46 pages of records related to 911 calls with an incident location of the home where Laundrie resides with his parents, and where he lived with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, before she disappeared and was later found dead.

North Port Police would not provide logs for calls made before the afternoon of September 10, the day before Petito’s mother reported her missing, and the records were partially redacted.
Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie ongoing in Florida: LIVE UPDATES

I don't quite see how HIPAA could apply. That law applies to the keepers of medical records, not to every person who might have knowledge about a person's medical situation. (Assuming a medical condition was even involved here )
JMO

<modsnip>
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.

Not thinking anyone is concerned about releasing his health information.

Someone on the last thread mentioned the possibility that BL may have taken his old (original) phone when he went missing since Bertolino has said that he left the new one at home and it’s in LE possession. My first thought was no, because LE would be able to track that phone. But then I thought that maybe he did take it and it pinged a few times in the Carlton Reserve. That would explain why LE has spent so much in the way of time and resources there and has not seemed overly interested in the possibilities that he might be somewhere else.

AGREE, I can give the parents somewhat of a pass UNTIL Sept 10 when we know that Gabby's parents tried to communicate with Laundries and were deliberately ignored. I think that it is plausible that BL communicated to his parents on August 31 that he was on his way home alone, that he and Gabby broke up and that she was or had flown to NY to her family. That would explain why his parents didn't feel the need to contact her parents, or Gabby, herself. They believed that she was in NY w her family. So, they canceled the camping plans fro Sept 1-3 after hearing from BL. They probably all decided to use the new camper and then made a reservation on Sept 3, for a campsite for Sept 6-8 for 3. All we know right now is that Gabby's mom FIRST attempted to get in touch with them on Sept 10. We don't know if it was text or voice mail or what was said, but by then Brian had already instructed his parents to not communicate with Gabby or her family, because he was done with all of them. They complied with his wishes, but of course, KNEW that her family was frantic and that she had NOT flown to NY, as Brian had told them. Everything that they have and have not done beyond Sept 10 is highly suspicious. No passes from me, beyond that point. All JMO.
I'm inclined to agree, except that I believe BL put them in an impossible position and deferring to the advice of an attorney seems like the most reasonable thing to do. On or after the 10th, they were definitely consulting him on everything. I don't and will never believe that all 3 of them are sociopaths, as many have suggested. I'm not even on board with believing BL is, though I'll humor it.

Published in Australia today .... for those who are interested in the psychology behind the massive public interest in this case.

Here's why you can't look away from the Gabby Petito story

Great post. It explains why we are all hooked.

“We struggle to accept things that are unresolved, even if they don't directly affect us," explains James Collett, a lecturer in psychology at RMIT University's School of Health and Biomedical Sciences.

it’s the unresolved fact of the fugitive, and his parents’ conduct that has me coming back - until all of that gets resolved. I want to see justice done.

Florida police send Fox News lengthy list of 911 calls to Brian Laundrie home since saga began
There were at least 46 911 calls placed at the North Port, Fla. home of Brian Laundrie between September 10 and the 27th, according to police records obtained by Fox News Digital.

North Port Police Department provided Fox News Digital with 46 pages of records related to 911 calls with an incident location of the home where Laundrie resides with his parents, and where he lived with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, before she disappeared and was later found dead.

North Port Police would not provide logs for calls made before the afternoon of September 10, the day before Petito’s mother reported her missing, and the records were partially redacted.
Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie ongoing in Florida: LIVE UPDATES
WOW. 46 911 calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members