Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, pick up the phone and tell GP's parents:
1. "We don't know either."
2. "She's NOT with you?"
3. "You haven't heard ANYTHING?"
4. "She didn't call you about picking her up at the airport?"
5. "Here's Brian. (Hands phone to BL) He'll tell you what happened."
MOOOOOOOOO
I appreciate this post.

I gotta say, I actually had been giving the parents a lot of benefit of the doubt — keeping an open mind that maybe Brian lied to them, they didn’t know Gabby wasn’t safe, until on Sep 10th they received her parents texts — and I even have said previously in these threads that I believe, in that case, it made sense for them to call the lawyer when that started happening and realized something was wrong based on Brian’s response to those calls.

But this, simple, easy explanation you posted slapped me across the face! Weirdly, because of course I’ve said the same thing in these threads, but somehow listing out the responses like that does nail it down for me that it is outrageously unlikely that they didn’t already have a lawyer by the time they received those texts, because IMO those replies would be extremely *natural* otherwise, if they didn’t already know something was wrong. If Brian had used an alibi and lied to them, I think they’d have no reason not to respond that way, because they wouldn’t be worried about his culpability. It would be like second nature to just answer and be like “what?!” if they didn’t think he was guilty of anything. The way you worded those responses, so simple, so natural, just somehow really flipped my mindset even though I’ve considered this all before many times.

(Additionally, my benefit of the doubt has been decreasing in just the past 2 days due to multiple new things that I find increasingly suspicious. But I remain open minded about it).

Good point. My DS is a senior in high school, he doesn't use the main stream SM like insta or FB, but he uses snapchat a lot and looks at TikTok. BUT, he was an aspiring "influencer" in middle school (rubiks cubes, football, and gaming) and when I google him I get plenty of old artifacts from that time period. Maybe it is because he's lazy and doesn't clean up after himself digitally, just like in real life, LOL. But how many people would go back and try to remove all of that old stuff rather than let it just die off?

And kind of related, aside from the no SM in earlier life, there's not a lot in general online. Again, I google my kid and I get sports stuff, scouts stuff, a mention in my grandfather's obit, class plays, just junk like that. Now it is nearly impossible to google BL without getting all of the current stuff, but I googled him right away when this hit the news and I just didn't see any of the usual life junk that most of us have out in internet-land.

MOO

You can only "clean up" the things you posted, tbf. If there's other sources mentioning you, it's unlikely you'll be able to contact the person and they'll agree to remove it, specially if it's older content.

Whenever I google myself, there's not much about me either. Just hits for people with similar names and one or two things that are actually related to me. Tbf, while I wasn't the most low profile person on the internet a few years back, I also wasn't that much of a high profile person.

I caught that too. I’m wondering if GP mom knew that there was trouble in the relationship and GP was going to be coming back to NY.
Otherwise, wouldn’t she have reported that she would have been going back to FL?
Unless the plan was always for them to go back to NY before heading to FL to finalize their trip. Who knows. IMO.

Yes, I believe both sides knew the relationship dynamics had changed. There are several quotes in previous threads in regard to this ...that the engagement was off.

So perhaps there was conversation during the middle part of August that each would go to their respective families while they "figure things out"? Obviously none of us would be privy to these facts but could be a possibility.

You can clean up water with a lightweight, compact, filter. However, there are some toxins it won't remove, e.g. toxic algae (see the Gerrish-Chung and Courtier cases where this was discussed). At some point, the filter will be done or the parts will break, but not yet if it's new.

How.about rain water?
We have had a ton of rain here!

Let's see...there's a nationwide (if not worldwide) BOLO out for BL. Everyone in LE has your mug embedded in their brains. Driving is out. Airport? Nah. Hop a train? This ain't The Grapes of Wrath. You don't get away with that stuff much anymore. The only way out is that wide and expansive Gulf of Mexico with access to myriads of islands, fish to eat, edible plants and coconuts to add veggies to the platter, and occasional meet ups with the dedicated sailing enthusiasts who don't pay much attention to the news. You know, van lifers who are by choice boat lifers. The vagabonds of the sea who live off the grid on their boats. No need to stock up on food, because its there for the foraging. A few Life Straws and you're hydrated. Park in a lagoon or inlet by day - use your map and compass by night. Pull into a small sea of reeds...and you're virtually invisible. Thousands of nautical miles and nary a cop in sight.
MOO

He won't be in camping sites with all those searchers looking for him.

Probably so, but the Reserve abuts a state park to the north and a preserve to the east. The state park has cabins to rent and is open so it might not be too difficult to sneak into one--scavenge. If he set about walking briskly after he left his car, he could have made it to the state park border before the end of the second day, I'd think.

Map here. Enlarge at bottom of page.

Sorry for my part in adding to confusion. Although we now know AT&T doesn't sell "burners" and that there is an account associated with the phone purchased, we saw it called a burner phone in a couple of dozen screaming news headlines for a day and a half so now it's sort of stuck *shrug

My questions is not about the new phone that was purchased.....but where is his OLD phone and GPs phone? This new phone was obviously purchased to replace the OLD phone.

Can we clear the confusion? Brian Entin tweeted that SB said it's not a burner phone. So why are people saying it was a burner phone?
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
2h

1/2 New text from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino: "I can confirm that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone. (Not a burner.) ...
Because they want to think it was a burner with no evidence that it was. More exciting..... jmo

That's probably referencing the text about "no service in Yosemite".

ETA: I believe that text was sent on the 30th of August.

Possibly, but the article states she was "last seen" - unless it was a facetime or snapchat, she wouldn't have been seen. And there wouldn't have been any question about who sent it.

It could just be miswording in the article, or an assumption. Who knows. MOO

Fox News recently obtained the missing persons’ report for Petito, in which her mother, Nichole Schmidt, stated that her daughter was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

Gabby’s friend, Rose Davis, said BL was a jealous and controlling partner. Allegedly he went so far as to hide Gabby's ID once so that she couldn't meet up with her at a bar, triggering a violent episode similar to the one police investigated weeks before her disappearance. “Brian took her ID just so she wouldn't be able to come out with me. Gabby had to stay at my house a bunch of times because she just needed a breather and didn't want to go home to him. He's got these jealousy issues and he struggles from what Gabby called these 'episodes ' where he would hear things and hear voices and wouldn't sleep.”

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

Well then, he's going to have these episodes for the rest of his life, will hear lots of voices and be unable to sleep when he ends up in the big house.

All I can think is that they called North Port police and asked them to go to Laundries to check to see if Gabby was there, and were told by police that the van was there. jmo
This would make sense for the source of the 911 calls. They came from gabbys parents asking the police to go to Brian’s house to check to see if gabby was there or the van was. And get answers for them.

Interesting comment from reporter Brian Entin. See the comment he made below his post.

This is significant because it shows the FBI did not get the video until Dog the Bounty Hunter went public with his lead that the Laundrie family was there.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443593517377343489?s=19
To me this is just sloppy if FBI didn’t have that surveillance footage until this week. For all they know it could hold key information about where evidence was stashed!

I just spent a minute trying to imagine what that must have felt like for Gabby's family to learn that Brian was home in Florida with her van....and Gabby was completely out of communication. They must have been so frantic, so terrified. Then to have no one return their calls or texts. It turns out they were right if they assumed the worst in that moment, but it must have been so awful.
No doubt, BL comes home in white van, no one returns calls, texts, or speaks and she is missing. No disrespect to her family, but if it was me, I would be in their home (Gabby's home) until I got some answers, face to face. I am not leaving until you speak. At very least, "where did you last see her?". We
Let's see...there's a nationwide (if not worldwide) BOLO out for BL. Everyone in LE has your mug embedded in their brains. Driving is out. Airport? Nah. Hop a train? This ain't The Grapes of Wrath. You don't get away with that stuff much anymore. The only way out is that wide and expansive Gulf of Mexico with access to myriads of islands, fish to eat, edible plants and coconuts to add veggies to the platter, and occasional meet ups with the dedicated sailing enthusiasts who don't pay much attention to the news. You know, van lifers who are by choice boat lifers. The vagabonds of the sea who live off the grid on their boats. No need to stock up on food, because its there for the foraging. A few Life Straws and you're hydrated. Park in a lagoon or inlet by day - use your map and compass by night. Pull into a small sea of reeds...and you're virtually invisible. Thousands of nautical miles and nary a cop in sight.
MOO
MGAWT - my gut agrees with this.

Possibly, but the article states she was "last seen" - unless it was a facetime or snapchat, she wouldn't have been seen. And there wouldn't have been any question about who sent it.

It could just be miswording in the article, or an assumption. Who knows. MOO

Fox News recently obtained the missing persons’ report for Petito, in which her mother, Nichole Schmidt, stated that her daughter was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

IIRC during the 48 Hours interview, her mom couldnt discuss the last conversation with her daughter - I was confused about this because I originally remember hearing that the last text she received was the one about Yosemite - So I thought that maybe since that originally came out, and the timing of the interview she was told not to discuss it (although seeing it was already out seems odd in MOO). Now I am thinking maybe she did facetime with her or something on the 30th to say that she was going to be coming home (since her mom said she knew she would be on her way back...) maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni