Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, right now they are working the missing persons case the parents called in so my guess is, they are trying to be cordial and find out any info they can. If they bring up the warrant, the parents will clam up.

Yep, in for a dime, in for a dollar, as they say.
They have made their decisions, and they're sticking to 'em.

I agree with your 1, 2, 3 and 5, but I'm not sure about 4. If the death hadn't been ruled a homicide, I would definitely have said it was an accident. But I wonder how an actual accident could support a homicide determination. I think the cause of death will give us a full picture.

I don't think he intended to kill her, but that doesn't make it an accident. If they were walking on a narrow trail and he tripped and knocked her down a cliff, that would be accident. Grabbing her throat until she dies is not an accident.

I'd guess probably second-degree murder, maybe manslaughter. Not sure what degrees of culpability Wyoming has. But definitely not an accident.

I am glad to have "something", anything. Seems the press is as well.

This lawyer is from NY, no? He oughta do himself a favor and apprise himself of the Sunshine Law. Anything you say, write and do, that's not covered under privilege, can and will be subject to media possession via glorious doc dumps (with the notable exception of autopsy photos, and that was only after Teresa Earnhardt went to the legislature b/c the courts would not reinvent that wheel).
Lest you think you can hide something, the Orlando Sentinel et al will have your butt in court. So keep texting away, dude.

I’ve been thinking about BL’s phone situation. So, he told the Moab cop in the body cam footage he didn’t have one. He then pulls one out - sticks it in his pocket (https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1443728232692465666?s=21). Then on the way home from Wyoming, he had to use A phone to call his mom - otherwise, how would she know to cancel the reservation at the campsite on August 31 before he arrived home on September 1. He arrives home with no phone - whether he lost it or disposed of it. Then he went to get a phone per the statement from the Laundries attorney. When asked did he know where the previous phone was, he said no (https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443579412662738948?s=20). He didn’t say “no comment” he didn’t say “he didn’t have a phone before.” So my question(s) is:
(1) Did the attorney kinda back-handedly admit that there even was a phone before?
(2) If for this new phone he got an AT&T account set up in his name, that would mean that the old one wasn’t in his name. Was he on his parent’s account? Or did he & Gabby have a plan together? IMO it’s probably on his parent’s account. How would that end up legally if he isn’t the account owner on either of them? Could the cops still get the info with a warrant?
Idk these are the things I think about…I need a nap this case makes my head hurt haha!
I'm pretty sure LE said they had access to the data and GPS for both BL's and Gabby's phones. Imo

No, I don't think so either. It was just an example of an immediate homicide ruling. I don't think he would have used a gun even if he had one. This was an intimate and hands on affair. I have little doubt about that.

JMO

I've always thought that he strangled her. I think he was strangling her when they were pulled over and the cuts on his face were the result of her reaching out to fight back. I think he likely strangled her routinely. IMO. However, I do wonder if she was shot, as they do seem to be looking for evidence in the reserve.

I don't think he intended to kill her, but that doesn't make it an accident. If they were walking on a narrow trail and he tripped and knocked her down a cliff, that would be accident. Grabbing her throat until she dies is not an accident.

I'd guess probably second-degree murder, maybe manslaughter. Not sure what degrees of culpability Wyoming has. But definitely not an accident.

That's what I meant -- killing her was an accident.

I believe this is federal - and I believe while it may have started with a slap it ended with a beatingIMO - of course, a weapon might also have been used. If BL is alive I hope he is charged with 1st degree intentional homicide- nothing less
JMO

No, I don't think so either. It was just an example of an immediate homicide ruling. I don't think he would have used a gun even if he had one. This was an intimate and hands on affair. I have little doubt about that.

JMO
Yes, I think her remarks -- the apology in the diner -- really got him going. He was already on a burn, IMO. Who's the boss here?
Indeed. He wanted her to feel his hands on her neck. She needed to be punished -- up close & personal.
He had a long drive to cook up a story the 'rents would buy, and he had the money for gas and good food. Grrrrrr.

In full respect, I seriously would like to understand this...
Why aren't we discussing and questioning what you just stated?

There appears to be next to NO ONE that knows or has seen ANY these people ever over the course of their entire lives, yet many of us have access to resources, while not FBI level AT ALL, that could be shared and discussed but don't align with tenets of this space, which is fine, respected and understood.

You can about count on nearly two hands the people we are given information here in which to debate.

Why is that?!?!? Is this really humanly possible that there are no other witnesses or people familiar with these families? Again, just a question.

If not, why does it APPEAR to be the case? Why aren't we seeking additional information and insight? Why are we content debating camper tops that have nothing to do with Gabby's actual homicide and how the mother of a MISSING child pulls her hat down when she gets in her car? Sigh.

I personally feel like there is just so much we don't know, and I worry that we are inadvertently causing harm to innocent people as a result of such. Not at all intentional on our part, since we don't know what we don't know. Just....good grief.
I haven't run across a discussion of the case anywhere on the Internet where an open conversation of alternative scenarios is tolerated. I listened to a video today where they discussed autopsies and coroner reports, stating that these professionals are not biased, and that they can't be. Before the end of the discussion, they were bad-mouthing Brian and stating opinions as if they were facts. Personally, I find it disturbing.

I've been confused about that so did a bit of research. According to the police report she opened the door and climbed over Brian.

“He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver’s door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off,” the report continued."

Utah police broke law when Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie were allowed to continue trip | National Post

Is there a different report else where? TIA

bbm
Sorry! I thought I remembered it was said that she climbed through the window originally. This excerpt is from the eye witness statement.

"She actually climbed in/over him and over to the passenger seat"

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...ess-heard-petito-ask-laundrie-during-incident

... It does NOT involve going to West Yellowstone. In fact, why, if you were going to Yellowstone from Victor, would you drive to West Yellowstone, then all the way south through the Park, then to the dispersed camping in Bridger-Teton?.

<modsnip> Please read the post and the article linked to it with the Victor, ID rustic row merchant where she states: “Brian and Gabby came to Rustic Row. They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance. They seemed happy and when they left, she hollered back from the door that they were engaged and then I said congratulations,” the owner says." Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News

The west entrance is in West Yellowstone, MT. Google Maps
And, it seems there may have been 2 merchants - the Rustic Row quoted here and the Emporium quoted in the 48 hours broadcast. MOO

Last edited:
No worries. I just didn't want this rumour to take hold and grow legs (again) when it has already been invalidated. :)

I understand about the 'hard to catch up' part ... we Aussies are on the opposite time zone to the US, and so much happens during our night sleeping time (as well as during our work days).
We usually wake up in our mornings to two threads or more of posts to read.
Apparently it still has some legs haha. Because I had just heard it again on the news. But I bet y’all do wake up to a fire hose of information on here! You blink your eye & another page has been added it seems like sometimes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther