Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WFLAJustin

North Port Police spokesperson tells
@WFLANiko
that Gabby’s mom Nichole Schmidt made these calls on Sept. 10, but officers did not respond to the Laundrie home on Wabasso Ave. until the next day after missing person report was filed with Suffolk County PD in NY

Attachments

• F223BC12-CC6B-407E-B76A-94F5A7586EFC.jpeg
    F223BC12-CC6B-407E-B76A-94F5A7586EFC.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 22
  • 657FE246-FDC8-45DA-ABE4-12F181DDD5C8.jpeg
    657FE246-FDC8-45DA-ABE4-12F181DDD5C8.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 16
BBM. Exactly. And he went off the deep end. Perhaps he scared her enough that she grabbed her phone and told him she was calling the police. Could be why he snapped.

JMO
Most likely she told him it was over, which is the very most dangerous time if one is involved with a psychopath.

<modsnip - speculation without a source to substantiate>

Also, he is unusual in that he has no previous record of violence, or a propensity for law breaking.. ( drunk driving, drug, petty theft, flashing, brawling, inexplicable criminal acts that signal a deeper problem, etc )

He 's gone under the radar, in a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why he didn't go there. Seems like that would have been the easiest way to find out if Gabby was there. With him being the geographically closest of Gabby's parents.
I suspect that the parents didn't get along too well ... my guess is that would likely be due to Gabby and BLs long toxic-seeming relationship.

However, as it seems that the police must have done a wellness check (which then allowed the missing person's report to be filed) I now presume that BL must have spoken with the police.
And if the police were not watching him after that (Sept 10th), his story must have appeared to have some validity, to them and also to his parents.

If the police did, or attempted to do, a wellness check re Gabby Petito on Sept. 10, does that mean that they necessarily spoke with BL? Couldn't they have stopped by the Laundrie house, have asked to see GP, and have been told that she wasn't there?

I mean, if they did stop by the house, they may well have spoken with BL, and it would make sense to do so, given that he returned with GP's van and without her. And in that case I agree that his story might've made enough sense to the police that they did not investigate further. I'm just saying that it's possible that they didn't speak with him.

ETA: I see from subsequent posts that apparently the police didn't come by until the next day and that they didn't speak with BL.

JMO

In jest ......Can I just say that if a dog's nose is so sensitive, how come my dog as to smell poop from exactly 1/10 of a millimeter away. I can smell the poop from more than 5 feet away but my dog has to get all up in there!

For the same reason we can admire diamonds from afar but like to see them close up. It's just too darn alluring.

Last edited:
I go back and forth on this, too. It could be that BL was initially going with my plan - hitchhike out of there and catch a plane home. Instead, he turns around and goes back for the van. Makes me wonder if he called mom during his initial hitchhike and she's the one who unwisely told him to go back for the van?
I struggle with this too. He couldn't leave the van because it guarantees her body is found and they start searching as soon as the abandoned vehicle is reported. But taking it makes him look guilty af. Did he really think he could fifth amendment his way out of it? Banking on her body not being found and police giving up is somewhat understandable but surely he didn't think her parents would. There are so many WTFs in this case.

May I say something?

This has struck such a nerve with me. The body cam video broke my heart. I am horrified anyone saw anything but a terrified woman. I avoid true crime stories. Most trigger me, but this one, while triggering me immencly, This whole case has consumed me. I think it may strike a nerve with a lot of women, which is why this case has struck a chord with so many people. It is honestly very depressing a heartbreaking.

If the police did, or attempted to do, a wellness check re Gabby Petito on Sept. 10, does that mean that they necessarily spoke with BL? Couldn't they have stopped by the Laundrie house, have asked to see GP, and have been told that she wasn't there?

I mean, if they did stop by the house, they may well have spoken with BL, and it would make sense to do so, given that he returned with GP's van and without her. And in that case I agree that his story might've made enough sense to the police that they did not investigate further. I'm just saying that it's possible that they didn't speak with him.

JMO

Possible, but not probable in my opinion.
I think they would likely have been pretty insistent to speak with the last person who was known to have seen Gabby.

Didn’t GP’s dad say he went over to the Laundrie house to try to find out info about his daughter because they couldn’t reach Gabby and no one was responding to calls or texts asking about her? Maybe the Laundries called 911 because Mr Petito was outside their door and wouldn’t go away.

That was reported early and that he saw the van and called 911. Then LE said he was across the state that day and was never at the house.

So I am wondering if they had a friend that wasn't far away and that person went to the house, saw the van and called 911?

Moo.

1. Yes
2. Late 8/27 or 8/28
3. The fights were increasing in frequency and violence had been escalating for some time. He snapped.
4. I don't think premeditated. I think he started beating her and couldn't stop. My guess is blunt force trauma to the head, maybe with or against a rock.
5. In my experience... men tend to treat women the way they saw their fathers treat their mothers. I'd be surprised if he'd never seen his father act aggressively in a physical manner toward his mother. I think he was allowed to grow up emotionally immature, probably got bailed out by his mom or dad any time he would have had to face real consequences for his mistakes. Also, I think he is sociopathic.

In my experience, number 5 has not frequently been true, whether it's positive or negative treatment. I've seen some men treat their mothers like gold but treat the woman in his life like boo and vice versa. I'm not saying it never happens that they treat the female like they treat their mothers. But I've just seen a lot of varying treatment in those cases.

I could have sworn when mentioning that BL flew home it was to help move items because his parents were getting a divorce. Did I dream this?

Also I find it off that none of the MSM mentions BL’s trip home and leaving GP alone until he got back. Has this been proven?

Reminder regarding the vilification of the Laundries regarding their silence and cooperation at the expense of their reputation. I don't know, I think this is worth remembering (MOO!!!!) Why does anyone think this situation has changed? They had it planned which defies the theories that they WANT to remain silent. Again, MOO.

Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI's request

It wasn't at the FBI's request.

Sunday evening when the family's lawyer canceled the New York news conference, Bertolino said it was "just not in my clients' best interest."

FBI searches Brian Laundrie's home in Petito investigation | wtsp.com

Just to add on, the fight at the restaurant may have been the last straw for her, now she saw him in public acting like he did in private, and she might have told him they were done/thru after that which caused him to lose it. Her telling him they were done was the final straw and he snapped and killed her. JMOO.

There is something unsettling about saying he "snapped."
Whenever I hear it, I get really uncomfortable. It almost feels like that means he just couldn't handle her anymore (so it is her fault) and he killed her. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE THIS, but if she had been dating other people or whatever, that absolutely doesn't necessitate murdering someone. I know you aren't suggesting this, but it is one thing that makes me feel really uneasy. Almost a kind of "Oh man, he just had a really bad breakdown. Let us figure this out and of COURSE he won't do it again". vibe.

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness.

MOO

I say this because it was building. People out of their normal element were seeing them both - more as they really both are - not as Mommy Laundrie sees them. People were probably somewhat put off by BL. He noticed this because Narcissists are hypersensitive to how others perceive them. He also noticed how much people adored and gravitated toward Gabby’s personality. Things were building. Some people they met, some incidents happened - the police in Moab incident - (but BL was driving !) but he couldn’t believe how close to danger he came and he blamed her fully for the police stop. Then subsequent incidents. But finally at Merry Piglets what (to his psychotic mind )what was the last straw was this time - for the first time - Gabby (who was likely just so embarrassed by his treatment of the restaurant staff - naturally ) she (in his mind only ) HAD THE AUDACITY to apologize for his behavior when to him he had done nothing wrong. She had likely never felt like she needed to do this before. That was it and Gabby’s fate was sealed.

MOO.

Have you ever heard of Ira Einhorn? He was tried in absentia for the murder of Holly Maddux.
Ira Einhorn Trial: 1993 | Encyclopedia.com
An interesting (IMO) side note, following his guilty verdict in absentia, an extradition agreement to get IE back in the United States was dependent on him getting a second trial, in person. His defense lawyer was Arlen Specter (who went on to serve in the United States Senate) and Ira Einhorn was found guilty and spent about 18 years in person, dying in prison.

Probably wouldn't be blood, if it went into the cooler. Maybe they noticed similar carpet fibers on Gabby's stuff :( that they recognized in pics of the camper and went back to get some fibers. If they can prove the parents helped to that extent (buying camper, taking in and then dumping evidence on top of hiding their son), they would probably be able to bring them into the station for interrogation at that point. They will crack about where he is maybe! And maybe that's why all the circling at Fort De Soto and Carlton Reserve, found disposed evidence. Just some thoughts. First time poster, go easy on me lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member