Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle with this too. He couldn't leave the van because it guarantees her body is found and they start searching as soon as the abandoned vehicle is reported. But taking it makes him look guilty af. Did he really think he could fifth amendment his way out of it? Banking on her body not being found and police giving up is somewhat understandable but surely he didn't think her parents would. There are so many WTFs in this case.
Indeed. He should have moved the van to another campsite 50-60 miles away from the body. Set up camp as normal. Then start hitchhikking out of there. That way, when the van is located the search will start 50-60 miles away from Gabby's body.

It is very apparent to me that neither BL nor his parents are criminal masterminds. They messed this up from the very beginning and didn't quite think this through.

JMO

Or a zillion other ways. For the record, I believe he’s alive. The only thing that might smoke him out is the arrest of both parents. Imo. Moo. Jmo.

Snipped & BBM.
Emphasize might, but I doubt it. If he cared about his parents he would not have murdered someone. Allegedly.
When he murdered GP, he effectively murdered his parents' son.

Last edited:
Police called to Laundrie home four times before Gabby Petito reported missing – live

LIVE Updates

Is Brian Laundrie still alive? Former US Marshal fugitive hunter thinks so
Every man and his Dog the Bounty Hunter is looking for Brian Laundrie.

Some believe he couldn’t have survived the alligator-infested waters of the reserve where authorities have focused much of their search. Divers have even returned to the area to peer beneath the surface for any sign of the suspect in Gaby Petito’s death.

But retired US Marshall Craig Caine, who supervised members of the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force, told News 4 that Laundrie was likely never at that nature preserve at all.

"I think it was all a ploy. He had plenty of time to calculate those moves
," Caine told the outlet.

He said the “critical moment” was Laundrie’s parents finding his silver Mustang in the Carlton reserve, driving it home, and waiting three days before calling police to report him missing.

"You’re gonna leave your son out in the preserve with no form of communication and no way to get home? Does that make sense to anybody?" Caine told News 4. "I don’t even think he was ever in that preserve."

….

Florida sheriff says he would never have let Gabby Petito’s boyfriend out of his custody
A Florida sheriff has criticised police for allowing Brian Laundrie to leave his parent’s home while his girlfriend Gabby Petito was missing.

Grady Judd, the sheriff of Polk County, weighed in on the North Port Police Department’s handling of the case during a press conference on Thursday.

He said while his office was not directly involved in the investigation, he could “speculate” based on information he had gleaned from news reports.

Police called to Laundrie home 4 times before Petito reported missing, report says
Florida police were called to the home of Chris and Roberta Laundrie dozens of times in recent weeks, including four times before Gabby Petito was reported missing, according to a new report in The New York Post.

Citing new records provided to the outlet, the Post reports that North Port police responded to the Laundrie home 46 times since 10 September

Five of those were on 10 and 11 September, four of which were before Ms Petito was reported missing by her mother, Nichole Schmidt.

Police first responded to a “public service” call shortly before 4 pm on 10 September. They returned more than two hours later around 6.30 pm. Both calls were marked as “problem settled”, the Post reports.

Fox News reported that the second call on 10 September was made by Petito’s father, Joe Petito, who had “expressed concern”.

The next day, police returned to the Laundrie home at 1 pm and 4.30 pm, the records show.

Ms Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department in New York at approximately 6:55 p.m

North Port Police returned to the home at 8.30 pm for an “agency assist”, the records show.

Police called to Laundrie house numerous times on 10 and 11 September
The police were called out to the Laundrie house a total of five times between 10 and 11 September. Gabby Petito was reported missing on 11 September.

The police reports of the incidents have had their narratives completely redacted. While police reports may redact personal information, they very rarely redact the entirety of their narratives.

Without the narratives, it is impossible to determine what happened during those police calls.

North Carolina police respond to reports that Brian Laundrie is in North Carolina
Police in North Carolina have responded to claims that Brian Laundrie was hiding out in North Carolina.

Chad Nesbitt, a man who runs live streams on Facebook ostensibly billed as news under the name “Skyline News,” claimed he had located Mr Laundrie hiding out at a home allegedly belonging to his grandfather in New Bern, North Carolina.

Police have responded to an increasing number of reports from people claiming they have seen Brian Laundrie in the area, but said none of the claims have been substantiated.

FBI agents had small evidence collection container when they searched Laundrie camper
FBI agents appeared to have a small evidence container in their possession while they searched the Laundrie’s family camper.

The agents arrived on Thursday afternoon and entered the Laundrie home for a short time. After that they searched the camper, then returned to the house before leaving.

Thanks for sharing this! I've of course encountered this with cars I've owned. I've also noticed it at work. A co-worker always uses the phrase "rob Peter to pay Paul" and suddenly, my colleagues and I have been hearing it all over the place.

A super crazy instance was finding out about an outdated punctuation mark, the "interrobang" (which I loved:
tumblr_inline_o2nznqNAUM1qbolbn_640.png
)

And then after I told everyone about it, a friend heard this long forgotten mark brought up in a video game! o_O

Often happens to pregnant women or women who are trying to conceive.
(Repost: my bad!)

Sign legal papers. I only say that because when my community was in the worst of the pandemic, our family attorney called me into the office to sign papers several times. Once had to do with changing a title on a mortgage deed, once to change ownership of property, and once to change a beneficiary designation. So, maybe it could not be avoided and they needed a notary as well.

y

That's what my reference to docusign is about. Most large and mid-size firms implemented docusign, or hired a third-party vendor providing similar services, so that even legal documents could be signed electronically. Smaller firms maybe not so much. Did you have to have a notary? We were even able to arrange that service electronically, but I understand it was a bit tricky. I can see a smallish firm having you come in person to have something notarized, but I can't think what that might be in this case.

Reminder regarding the vilification of the Laundries regarding their silence and cooperation at the expense of their reputation. I don't know, I think this is worth remembering (MOO!!!!) Why does anyone think this situation has changed? They had it planned which defies the theories that they WANT to remain silent. Again, MOO.

Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI's request
I recall the lawyer saying it was not in his clients best interest but FBI couldhave also requested. This was also the same time when his statement about when they retrieved the mustang contradicted the media showing the mustang returned a day earlier. I thought that conflicting info might have also contributed to the decision to cancel.

May I say something?

This has struck such a nerve with me. The body cam video broke my heart. I am horrified anyone saw anything but a terrified woman. I avoid true crime stories. Most trigger me, but this one, while triggering me immencly, This whole case has consumed me. I think it may strike a nerve with a lot of women, which is why this case has struck a chord with so many people. It is honestly very depressing a heartbreaking.

I could not even watch it. I understand.

Very interesting. So the last seen date for BL is only coming from his parents and his parents lawyer? Not sure I’m confident they’re being truthful. JMO.
There have been no confirmed sightings of him at all since the 10th or the 11th of September. One neighbor said she saw him on the 10th and apparently now one is saying they saw him on the 11th?

Indeed. He should have moved the van to another campsite 50-60 miles away from the body. Set up camp as normal. Then start hitchhikking out of there. That way, when the van is located the search will start 50-60 miles away from Gabby's body.

It is very apparent to me that neither BL nor his parents are criminal masterminds. They messed this up from the very beginning and didn't quite think this through.

JMO
I thought about that but hitchhiking from the van dump doesn't work either because it creates witnesses. He's screwed no matter what. Driving the van home buys him time to run, but then he didn't use it. Why didn't he nope out as soon as he got back to FL? Just all kinds of WTF?

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

1. Yes, BL killed GP.
2. I think the night of August 27th into the 28th.
3. I think they couldn't stop fighting that day. I think they even walked away from each other as they always do, but one followed the other. I think BL set up a camp where her body was found and she found him out there, either to get her phone or try to reason with him. Maybe he even took her phone out there with him.
4. I think they fought over her phone or his phone, and it started out accidental.
5. Brian was probably coddled a lot but when he got in the real world, he was probably told his views were wrong a lot. He'd gotten validation from his parents, but couldn't get it from his peers or people he looked up to.

Most likely she told him it was over, which is the very most dangerous time if one is involved with a psychopath.

<modsnip - speculation without a source to substantiate>

Also, he is unusual in that he has no previous record of violence, or a propensity for law breaking.. ( drunk driving, drug, petty theft, flashing, brawling, inexplicable criminal acts that signal a deeper problem, etc )

He 's gone under the radar, in a way.

MOO, either did Chris Watts. Just out of left field, in terms of previous behavior. Ugh! ETA to add: He suddenly up and had that affair, so quickly. Then boom horrible destruction.

Police called to Laundrie home four times before Gabby Petito reported missing – live

LIVE Updates

Is Brian Laundrie still alive? Former US Marshal fugitive hunter thinks so
Every man and his Dog the Bounty Hunter is looking for Brian Laundrie.

Some believe he couldn’t have survived the alligator-infested waters of the reserve where authorities have focused much of their search. Divers have even returned to the area to peer beneath the surface for any sign of the suspect in Gaby Petito’s death.

But retired US Marshall Craig Caine, who supervised members of the New York/New Jersey Regional Fugitive Task Force, told News 4 that Laundrie was likely never at that nature preserve at all.

"I think it was all a ploy. He had plenty of time to calculate those moves
," Caine told the outlet.

He said the “critical moment” was Laundrie’s parents finding his silver Mustang in the Carlton reserve, driving it home, and waiting three days before calling police to report him missing.

"You’re gonna leave your son out in the preserve with no form of communication and no way to get home? Does that make sense to anybody?" Caine told News 4. "I don’t even think he was ever in that preserve."

….

Florida sheriff says he would never have let Gabby Petito’s boyfriend out of his custody
A Florida sheriff has criticised police for allowing Brian Laundrie to leave his parent’s home while his girlfriend Gabby Petito was missing.

Grady Judd, the sheriff of Polk County, weighed in on the North Port Police Department’s handling of the case during a press conference on Thursday.

He said while his office was not directly involved in the investigation, he could “speculate” based on information he had gleaned from news reports.

Police called to Laundrie home 4 times before Petito reported missing, report says
Florida police were called to the home of Chris and Roberta Laundrie dozens of times in recent weeks, including four times before Gabby Petito was reported missing, according to a new report in The New York Post.

Citing new records provided to the outlet, the Post reports that North Port police responded to the Laundrie home 46 times since 10 September

Five of those were on 10 and 11 September, four of which were before Ms Petito was reported missing by her mother, Nichole Schmidt.

Police first responded to a “public service” call shortly before 4 pm on 10 September. They returned more than two hours later around 6.30 pm. Both calls were marked as “problem settled”, the Post reports.

Fox News reported that the second call on 10 September was made by Petito’s father, Joe Petito, who had “expressed concern”.

The next day, police returned to the Laundrie home at 1 pm and 4.30 pm, the records show.

Ms Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department in New York at approximately 6:55 p.m

North Port Police returned to the home at 8.30 pm for an “agency assist”, the records show.

Police called to Laundrie house numerous times on 10 and 11 September
The police were called out to the Laundrie house a total of five times between 10 and 11 September. Gabby Petito was reported missing on 11 September.

The police reports of the incidents have had their narratives completely redacted. While police reports may redact personal information, they very rarely redact the entirety of their narratives.

Without the narratives, it is impossible to determine what happened during those police calls.

North Carolina police respond to reports that Brian Laundrie is in North Carolina
Police in North Carolina have responded to claims that Brian Laundrie was hiding out in North Carolina.

Chad Nesbitt, a man who runs live streams on Facebook ostensibly billed as news under the name “Skyline News,” claimed he had located Mr Laundrie hiding out at a home allegedly belonging to his grandfather in New Bern, North Carolina.

Police have responded to an increasing number of reports from people claiming they have seen Brian Laundrie in the area, but said none of the claims have been substantiated.

FBI agents had small evidence collection container when they searched Laundrie camper
FBI agents appeared to have a small evidence container in their possession while they searched the Laundrie’s family camper.

The agents arrived on Thursday afternoon and entered the Laundrie home for a short time. After that they searched the camper, then returned to the house before leaving.
Wow, thanks for posting. :eek: I just can’t figure out why the 2 calls BEFORE GP was reported missing?

Wow, thanks for posting. :eek: I just can’t figure out why the 2 calls BEFORE GP was reported missing?

@WFLAJustin

North Port Police spokesperson tells
@WFLANiko
that Gabby’s mom Nichole Schmidt made these calls on Sept. 10, but officers did not respond to the Laundrie home on Wabasso Ave. until the next day after missing person report was filed with Suffolk County PD in NY

Brian Entin @BrianEntin 34s

1/2 North Port Police say the reports on Sept. 10 relate to the Petito family reporting Gabby missing. "We were working with the family to get them to report the issue where it needed to be reported at. We were simply not the right outlet to report a person missing...
Quote Tweet

Brian Entin @BrianEntin 3h
Police were called to the Laundrie house two times the day before Gabby Petito was reported missing. Reports attached. Police redacted the narratives. Reports say: "Problem Settled"
Show this thread

Brian Entin @BrianEntin
43s
2/2 ...out of another state. Per policy and Florida State statute, the missing person should be reported missing where they’re last known location was." - Josh Taylor, North Port PD.

1. Yes, BL killed GP.
2. I think the night of August 27th into the 28th.
3. I think they couldn't stop fighting that day. I think they even walked away from each other as they always do, but one followed the other. I think BL set up a camp where her body was found and she found him out there, either to get her phone or try to reason with him. Maybe he even took her phone out there with him.
4. I think they fought over her phone or his phone, and it started out accidental.
5. Brian was probably coddled a lot but when he got in the real world, he was probably told his views were wrong a lot. He'd gotten validation from his parents, but couldn't get it from his peers or people he looked up to.

Agree fully with your 5) - great insights. In so many ways everyone who answered has said the same thing in multiple ways for 5) adding different ways of saying he was a spoiled <modsnip> who couldn’t handle the real world or how others saw him. Fragile ego and low self-esteem that culminated in severe personality disorders.

Is it nearing the time when the very last people who , as far as is known, saw Brian alive are being seen as possible perpetrators, and not just by standers??.

This is only if one accepts that Brian is not alive, which I do, I don't see him with enough smarts, either physically or psychologically to be expertly escaping this kind of full on search, by LE, Bounty people, and the general public at large.

I merely put this out there, as , while improbable, it is not impossible.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: FBI agents enter North Port home: LIVE UPDATES

More LIVE Updates

Gabbie Petito homicide: Timeline of disappearance with Brian Laundrie

DeSantis says Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission agents assisted in Laundrie search
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s law enforcement division helped with the search for Brian Laundrie from Saturday, September 18th, to Tuesday, September 28th and devoted over 1,000 man-hours to assisting the search.

FBI briefly explores camper while collecting items to use in search, attorney says
Two FBI agents arrived at the North Port, Florida home of Brian Laundrie and his parents on Thursday afternoon, where they stayed for approximately 30 minutes and briefly explored the camper in the driveway before leaving with a bag.

The agents, a man and a woman, arrived at the Laundries’ home at about 1:15 p.m. in a black, unmarked vehicle and carried a large paper bag to the front door. One of the agents later walked over to the camper, which is designed to be towed by another vehicle, opened the door and reached inside. They did not answer any questions as they left approximately a half-hour later with a camouflage bag.

After the agents’ departure, Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino released a statement in which he wrote: "The FBI is at the Laundrie home today to collect some personal items belonging to Brian that will assist the canines in their search for Brian. There is nothing more to this."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave