Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Last edited:
Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

A Few Reminders from the Wild Ride of the last several days:

-Discussion of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his involvement as it relates to the search for Gabby is permitted. Discussion of Dog as an individual, his past, publicity and/or the generalities of him with regard to your personal opinions is not helpful in progressing the dialogue. In this regard posts will be considered “off topic

-The Twitter Account as presented by Chris McDonough: No longer approved

-Twitter of Dog’s Daughter in regards to Brians voice is approved as she is working the search with Dog.

Now for the Meat and Potatoes:
When the Admin or Mod Team approves something for discussion, it is simply that, “Approved for Discussion”. It is up to individual Posters to determine what they make of it and where they file it in their “yay or nay” list. Openly discussing differing points of view is helpful and what the forum is about.

Blatant arguing or responding to simply tell a poster “you are wrong” is not productive or permitted.
If you see an opinion from a different point of view, share why that is and with a link to support any statements of fact.

We are all adults here, let’s speak to one another in a civil manner. Imagine where the thread could go with more curiosity and less bickering and shut downs.

I know, quite a long opening post. Here is to fastening the seat belt.

Best,
Tiff

P.S. - IF you have a question regarding moderation or content approval, use the “report” link at the bottom of any post to reach a Mod or Admin privately without clogging up or disrupting the thread.

Due to excessive TOS violations the last several days, future violations in Gabby’s thread will result in an automatic 5 Day TO per the instruction of WS Owner, Tricia.

This thread is to discuss Gabby’s case.

Off topic posts have been removed. They run the gamut from discussing racoon poop, donkeys, the Australian or British judicial systems, the King or Queen, Caylee Anthony, or the debate about what style of sleuthing members can or cannot do, telling other members how/what to post, what WS does or does not allow compared to what was allowed back in the ‘good old days’, etc.

Members need to recognize that WS has gone from a few thousand members over the years to now having almost 200,000 members. Allowing the above type of off-topic posts (which are actually violations of TOS) takes the focus off the victim of the case and turns it into just what members would like to talk about at the moment. They can also seriously derail a thread.

Please discuss this case, not other cases, not other members, not how you think this or that should be allowed, stop the snark and attitude, debate and bickering over insigificant details that have nothing to do with Gabby’s case.

On another note, the presumption of innocence does not apply to WS members and other members of the general public who are allowed to have their own opinions. "Innocent until proven guilty" is a principle adhered to within the judicial system. We are not part of that process.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Reminder from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

If you submit a tip to law enforcement, do NOT announce it or discuss it in any way on the threads. Doing so has the potential to undermine an investigation.

Noting:

“We did find some campsites, we did find some evidence of kayaks near the campsites so it is possible that Brian’s out there,” Hadsell said.

The K9 team had to rely on its experience of nearly 200 search and rescue missions because the Laundrie family did not supply anything with Brian’s scent on it, Hadsell said.

“The parents as you know are being uncooperative, so we don’t have any sent articles or anything from Brian to be able to use it as a target odor for our dogs to work on,” Hadsell said. “So, we do what we call, ‘general human scent.’

The dogs are trained to work on water from a boat, he explained.

“And we can circle these smaller islands, if there is any human odor being produced from the island, the dogs will alert, and then we’ll send teams to go check it out.”

there was an article out yesterday which said the FBI knows where he is but won't arrest him until the autopsy is complete because as of right now they don't have enough to nab him for Gabby's murder and when they do they will go in for the arrest

how much of this is true i don't know sounds a bit silly to me

I really like this scenario!

It’s obvious to me BL left with his sister from DeSoto. Once the FBI tracks down where she went after DeSoto they will know where he is hiding.
I was just theorizing this same thing and then I saw someone reply to your post. Maybe he did leave the camp ground with her and has been in her care since this whole thing broke.

Exactly, people are like “she hit him first/too.” Well, perhaps she did, but how did he antagonize her for hours or days leading up to that. How did he push her to her snapping point (which I believe he did on purpose)? I believe BL enjoyed pushing her to the edge and making her lose it. If he had just treated her with a little bit of respect and compassion, we wouldn’t be sitting here talking about them. If he hadn’t used her vehicle and phone as ways to exploit her vulnerabilities or insecurities while mentally abusing her (because I have zero doubts he drove off without her when angry before this - moo), we wouldn’t be here most likely. Being a nice human gets you pretty far in life. It’s too bad BL didn’t subscribe to that approach.

MOO.
They had been in the co-op for six hours that day. Gabby was working on her videos, with Brian probably complaining that he wanted to go hiking. Then Gabby had to deal with the mess in the van, which BL could have cleaned up himself.

They had been arguing for two days so she must have been pretty stressed by then. The worst thing Brian could have done was take her phone, her keys and lock her out of the van. Instead of calming her down all he did was escalate the situation.

He seems to have poor communication skills so I wonder if he often 'acted out' instead of using words. When he told officers he told her to take a walk to calm down, I got the feeling that’s been suggested to him many times as a way to deal with anger.

I wish he had stayed in Florida instead of flying back to be reunited with Gabby.

IMO

I agree. I think if they knew where he was, they'd arrest him. They could hold him on the current charges and then charge him with something else as more information became available. I think they'd like to have him in custody, and not just because finding him has devolved into a circus.

Not to mention the ongoing expense and use of cross-service agencies and departments in the search for him.

I'd like to think that the FBI have a series of Plan As, Plan Bs, and Plan Cs, plus a few aces up their sleeves when it comes to what charges they can hold him on, if and when, he's arrested.

MOO

According to Brian's postings he idolized the famous hermit/burglar Christopher Thomas Knight and read all he could about him. One of Knight's better known quotes (somewhat a reason for his decision to leave society and enter solitary life) is "solitude bestows an increase in something valuable ... my perception. But ... when I applied my increased perception to myself, I lost my identity. There was no audience, no one to perform for ... To put it romantically, I was completely free."
With this in mind, and a good portion of society in hot pursuit of him, Brian's environment is ripe for a vanishing, not a death. Brian wants complete liberation, self-won, fully realized. He knows he has to be alive in order to enter in and enjoy that fully-realized state. Death is a question without an answer, a situation without promise and beyond his control. A vanishing IS within his realm of control. Brian is in his glory.
MOO

My goodness. I have wondered as much also.

Could this work? Is it possible to set up a new email address somehow that would be hard to trace? Then maybe a family member could do the same thing.... Then find somewhere that he could blend in, with an internet cafe, or a library, and email back and forth from there. Just an idea.

Yes, it is definitely possible. Using Protonmail or other more secure mechanisms. And wouldn't even need a library or cafe if he's got a burner. If he were smart, he would avoid standard email services like Gmail and the like because they have a different relationship with LE than the more secure versions. Even the use of an app like Burner could allow him to change phone numbers willy nilly but I don't know how that shows up on recipient phone records like his parents'.

According to Brian's postings he idolized the famous hermit/burglar Christopher Thomas Knight and read all he could about him. One of Knight's better known quotes (somewhat a reason for his decision to leave society and enter solitary life) is "solitude bestows an increase in something valuable ... my perception. But ... when I applied my increased perception to myself, I lost my identity. There was no audience, no one to perform for ... To put it romantically, I was completely free."
With this in mind, and a good portion of society in hot pursuit of him, Brian's environment is ripe for a vanishing, not a death. Brian wants complete liberation, self-won, fully realized. He knows he has to be alive in order to enter in and enjoy that fully-realized state. Death is a question without an answer, a situation without promise and beyond his control. A vanishing IS within his realm of control. Brian is in his glory.
MOO
I agree. And could never have written this so eloquently, ever. Thank you for sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998