Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live close enough to the Nantahala area that whenever we would see a raggedy-looking hiker on the road we wondered if it was Eric Rudolph. I live just a few counties over from Murphy where he was caught behind the Piggly Wiggly while dumpster diving for food. I think I was on Websleuths that night, and we all wondered if it was really him. I read many books about him and the fact is, he was sick of hiding in the woods, even with his skills and help from the locals.

But comparing him to BL doesn't work for me. Eric Rudolph was a military-trained bomb expert who was able to throw the blame for his crimes onto other people and groups. BL is not a mastermind like that, although it's possible he may commit other crimes while on the run.

Agreed. I have a good work-friend who lived near the area where Rudolph was found -- my friend's own family had been there for generations. My friend came to Raleigh many years ago when Akzona (Enka) closed and left the area. He said the same things, you have, @ThoughtFox -- the mountain folks up there really stick together, and have done so for generations. Their survival sometimes depended on it. He said yes, they helped Rudolph when & how they could.
I don't think our man Brian has had such help, other than his parents. He's his own man, ya know. Really tuff guy and all that :rolleyes: .

IIRC he worked on the motor, and Gabby fit out the whole inside. Do you have a link to "Brian is the one that built out the van"?

And Gabby's parents would be repeating what she told them, they weren't there. So you are quoting neighbors and people who weren't there. Also IMO Gabby was hiding from her parents the way she was pulling the weight in the relationship. Selling her car to get her van, possibly having the only credit cards, possibly the only phone, the only plan & impetus for a business, etc. But if you could find me the above quote, "Brian is the one that built out the van", TIA.

I found this but I also read weeks ago how Brian installed the wood in the van. I am sure they both worked on it. Having problems finding part about how he did the woodwork.

“Right when we moved in … in June, they were working on the van, I guess to get ready for the trip,” he said. “She was in the back of the van doing something, and as we pulled away she turned, waved, I waved back, and she smiled, and we drove away. That’s the last time we saw her.”

Neighbors say Brian Laundrie, parents went on a trip in new camper after Gabby Petito disappeared - Patriot Daily Press

Grand Teton to North Port, FL, is about 34 hours, per Google maps. Which assumes traveling at the speed limit.

In my mid-40s I stayed up for 3 days straight more than once (on purpose; no homicide in my mental rear-view mirror; not driving, but active). My parents, in their 70s, would drive the 24 hours from their home to mine in a day & a half, for no readon other than just to get here.

Looking at my personal, anecdotal sampling, I can't imagine it impossible that a very young, very healthy man who just took his dead girlfriend's van to head home to mom & dad couldn't make that trip alone in the August 29/30 - August 31 - Sept 1 time period.

Iirc, reports suggested he arrived late morning on the 1st. Even starting midday on the 30th, that's, say 46 hours. 46 hours to drive 34 is just not that big a deal.
Exactly. I've driven across country several times with only pit stops to pick up coffee, red bull, gas, food, 2 hours sleep at a rest stop. I easily exceeded 1500 miles a day, numerous times.

I don't know if I could do it now - I'm nearly 60. But in my 20's? No sweat. No sweat at all.

Gabby was reported missing before he went into hiding. The police went to his house twice on the 10th. He knew he was in deep trouble and would soon be in custody. He wasn't thinking about credit card fraud - he was thinking about the murder(s).
Do not disagree, but it remains a fact that you cannot prove his state of mind. MOO. And, this topic hinges on whether LE has gathered enough intel and evidence for the prosecution to prove his state of mind - that he knew otherwise (in going against a defense counsel argument that he did not know). IMO "this" is why (again) it is simply not worth the unnecessary risk for the gov't to file or unseal an indictment at this point in time with the guy still on the lamb. Could you imagine losing that argument and having the clock run when you don't have any idea where he is? That could be a dangerous disaster that completely derails any eventual prosecution. MOO. They're not gonna do that. MOO

Last edited:
Concerning Gabby getting locked out of the van & possibly not having second keys/fob.
I know when purchasing a -pre-owned- car you are not always given more than one key/fob.
They can run from $75 -$250 for a second key/fob..depending on electronics,yr, make, model. Just my experience.
Maybe it was not a priority purchase at the time ..IDK.

So where are we in this mysterious saga?
Do the authorities have proof of life?
Or no proof of death?
Is Brian following?
Will he take his own life when the time comes?
Or has he snuck under the radar and already accomplished it?
Has he succumbed in the Reserve?
And, will we ever know?
MOO.

IMO he has not taken his own life.
It is possible that he legitimately went to the Reserve and succumbed to the creatures there. Some can swallow one whole.

If he is alive, he will eventually run out of cash or supplies and will make a mistake. My guess is this will occur by year’s end. If he is not located by then, I think it will be many years before he is found.

Last edited:
Thought experiment.

They loved each other. The fought like cats and dogs off and on for 7 years. Gabby said they BOTH suffered from anxiety both! Not sure psychopaths can even feel anxiety.

They got to Spreading Creek, again all the while arguing...went to walk it off, starting getting physical again. Brian hit her or pushed her so hard she broke her neck and died instantly.

Is Brian evil???
No. I’d quantify that as accidental- tragic & avoidable but accidental.

But I don’t think that’s how it went down. Too many peeks into what an angry young man BL is. I think he’s been one twig ready to snap for quite some time. I think he either spent several minutes strangling her with his bare hands- while staring in her eyes to show her who’s in control. Or he beat her to death repeatedly with his hands & feet. Experts ruled homicide quickly, so I doubt it was 1 fracture to cervical vertebrae. All conjecture.

I found this but I also read weeks ago how Brian installed the wood in the van. I am sure they both worked on it. Having problems finding part about how he did the woodwork.

“Right when we moved in … in June, they were working on the van, I guess to get ready for the trip,” he said. “She was in the back of the van doing something, and as we pulled away she turned, waved, I waved back, and she smiled, and we drove away. That’s the last time we saw her.”

Neighbors say Brian Laundrie, parents went on a trip in new camper after Gabby Petito disappeared - Patriot Daily Press
I didn't think there was anything published about how he built out the van. Maybe you didn't mean it the way it sounded...like Brian did it all. Maybe someone else has the link to where it said, IIRC, that she fitted out the inside of the van, and he worked on the motor.

Your posts are so interesting, especially coupled with your areas of expertise; would you kindly let us know what you make of this whole case? What do you think happened and why; and what is happing now and what do you think will happen next?

What does an anthropologist do? - CareerExplorer

"The word anthropology comes from the Greek word anthropos (human), and logia (study). It makes sense then, that anthropologists are scientists who want to explore, study, and understand humankind.

How do they do this? By researching and studying artifacts, ancient cultures, and ancient languages. Research like this gives anthropologists a better understanding of how modern civilizations and behaviours came to be. This can then be applied to our social policies and public problems. Anthropologists can tackle big human problems, such as population growth, inequality, globalization, and poverty."

There's a part of his Insta called "van build." I don't do Insta, but here's the link

Login • Instagram

Exactly. I've driven across country several times with only pit stops to pick up coffee, red bull, gas, food, 2 hours sleep at a rest stop. I easily exceeded 1500 miles a day, numerous times.

I don't know if I could do it now - I'm nearly 60. But in my 20's? No sweat. No sweat at all.
I am convinced that that period of him driving that long distance route was the calmest he had ever been . All irritation and annoyance gone, he no longer had to put up with someone who , perhaps, suddenly, didn't reflect his vision of himself back into his own psyche, no more of the criticism and defiance ( as he saw it ) .. no more embarrassment of someone actually apologising for his 'righteous rage ' .. no more quibbling over who owns what, and most of all, no more of that wretched 'little vlog' business, such an interruption to the glorification of he, Brian...

After that, dealing with mum and dad and the entire FBI would be a piece of cake.

Crapola! Are you kidding me??!

They file a missing persons report because they I want the public to think their son is missing. And yet they do not give law enforcement anything with his scent on it!
Now I really am shaking my head!!

THANK YOU! That's what I have been saying since early on in this thread. This is ironic irony isn't it?

Thought experiment.

They loved each other. The fought like cats and dogs off and on for 7 years. Gabby said they BOTH suffered from anxiety both! Not sure psychopaths can even feel anxiety.

They got to Spreading Creek, again all the while arguing...went to walk it off, starting getting physical again. Brian hit her or pushed her so hard she broke her neck and died instantly.

Is Brian evil???
In that scenario the evil one is the one who took her belongings and ran, and would not help locate her body to lay it to rest respectfully. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member