Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2 Here is our full Gabby Petito report from tonight.
Latest on police investigation and body cam video.
Interview with Gabby’s Godmother and why she doesn’t think last texts to Gabby’s mom were actually from Gabby.
And a new interview tonight with the North Port Police Chief.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438674952711020547?s=21

The issue is the one who is most open is most likely to be seen as "in the wrong". I don't think BL is an "abuser", I think that wording is a bit harsh, but I do think he's manipulative and smart. He asked the officer what Gabby had said and then went on to give his account by connecting with the officers. "I grabbed her face...well...I mean I don't know if you guys are in a relationship" at which point the officers agree they know what women can drive a man to do.

Then you've got personal experiences, an officer who readily tells about his toxic ex-wife. That's going to color his opinion.

Again, this isn't to say anyone was wrong, who was to know that in two weeks this girl would be missing and this boy who was so eager to be chummy with police and so open, would refuse to speak a word now.

What we're all seeing in that video is the complexities of a relationship, the he said/she said of it all. Two young people who had an argument who are otherwise rational and sane but had a less than attractive moment. Neither is an abuser or suffering from some deep seated mental illness, they were in a relationship crisis and being assessed by complete strangers.

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole 75-minute video yet, but just curious... do the officers make the mistake of actually telling Brian what Gabby said after he asks?

Because if so, that's failing basic Interrogation 101, in my opinion. They are separated specifically so that the police can get separate stories.

Secondarily, I wouldn't swear the officer was telling the truth about his "toxic ex-wife"; because we know that cops can lie to interviewees as per the Supreme Court, and several Hollywood movies in the interim ;) have taught me that this sometimes extends to fictional (at minimum) officers making up similarities in family members, hobbies, etc. they don't have, precisely in an effort to faux-bond with the questionee and get some information to slip out of them.

If I remember correctly, there are cameras in various places around Yellowstone. I remember seeing video from the Daybell/Vallow case. Is there any video confirmation you are aware of that shows GB and BL?
There would be a video from them entering, but there really aren't security cameras in any of the buildings

I would really like BL to retain an ACTUAL defense lawyer here, not a (likely) family friend who specializes in real estate from what I understand... Not talking to LE is smart, but at some point, saying NOTHING is pretty damning in the court of public opinion... Luckily it's not how our legal system works, but still.
Yea, that's coming. I think they needed to retain one quickly. Now the game has changed.

Gabby Petito disappearance: Protesters carry signs to home of Brian Laundrie urging him to speak with police

Protesters gathered on Thursday at the Florida home of Brian Laundrie, who has retained a lawyer and refused to cooperate with authorities after Gabby Petito disappeared on the couple's cross-country road trip late last month, according to police.

Other protesters chanted outside the home, "Where's Gabby?"

Another protest is being planned at the home, which belongs to Laundrie's parents, on Friday evening.

Yes the text message will have either an IPv4 or IPv6 address that is assigned to a service provider like Comcast, Century Link, etc. You would have to trace the address back to the subscriber which the ISP has record of. You would know where the text was sent from within a few 100 feet or less of the the subscribers location. Wifi signals generally don't carry as far as cell tower signals.
Would a VPN - which is commonplace in digital nomad/ van life circles - throw any of that off balance?

I know this is NY Post, not the most reliable, but still interesting, if true :

Lawyer for Gabby Petito boyfriend does not rule out link to double homicide

Lawyer for Gabby Petito boyfriend does not rule out link to double homicide
By
Jesse O’Neill
September 16, 2021 8:48pm
Updated

Quote:

The lawyer for the tight-lipped boyfriend of missing Long Island native Gabby Petito issued an unexpected statement Thursday evening about a possible link between her disappearance and a Utah double murder in August.

Utah cops are not “ruling out” the possibility that the shooting of a newlywed couple at a campground outside Moab could be related to Petito’s disappearance.

One of the murder victims, Kylen Schulte, 24, worked at a community cooperative where a witness saw a domestic dispute between Petito, 22, and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, 23, on Aug. 12.

“Law enforcement has to follow protocol and all leads that they get,” Laundrie’s attorney Steven Bertolino said, according to Fox News. “Whether or not these two cases deserve to be linked will be determined at some point in the future.”

Schulte and wife Crystal Turner, 38, went missing after going to a Moab bar on Aug. 13, where they complained to friends about a “creepy guy” near where they were camping, officials have said.

Forgive me if this was previously mentioned; I’ve tried to keep up but could have missed it. This is all MOO, IMO, JMO:

I find the bodycam footage from 14:25 to 14:44 to be very interesting and confusing.

“She got a little worked up and she had her phone in her hands and her keys and everything — no not her keys, her rings — she had her rings, her phone, and I was holding on to the keys because I didn’t want her to go anywhere. My big fear is I don’t have my phone and I don’t really, I don’t have a phone, so if she goes off without me I’m on my own.”

1- Did he just mean his phone was in the car so if she drove off he wouldn’t have it? Because at 55:24 he takes his phone out of his pocket….so I assume he couldn’t have meant he didn’t *have* a phone…?

2- The keys/rings confusion made me do a second take. Could that story be a little backwards, and he was sort-of projecting *her* fear that he would leave her stranded (as the other police record states that she was afraid he would leave without her) and twisting that, gaslighting in a way, as if that was his fear, instead? Perhaps she did have the keys first and he grabbed them from her and threatened to leave which caused her to start freaking out, and she was hitting him to get them back, and he loudly started telling her to calm down and that she was being ridiculous (manipulation tactic?)….because didn’t she say also to the officer that she was scared of driving the vehicle? So why would he be afraid she’d leave without him, if she was afraid of driving? I didn’t get a good vibe off of this.

I just find that fishy, and am just trying to make sense of that language, because it immediately seemed deflective/defensive to me (MOO), and upon further review still feels a little ‘off’ when I continue to listen back. As well as him acting like he’s all “in control” and she’s freaking out. Sometimes people do that to gaslight. Especially in front of witnesses, and he did say he was loudly saying “calm down people are looking” etc and it just made me think maybe he instigated the physicality by taking the keys from her, then tried to downplay her fear causing her emotional distress, then twisted the story with the cops .

BUT, in his defense, maybe he was just worked up in the moment and got his words mixed up and it really did happen that way. Talking to police can be scary especially in that type of situation and I’m sure nerves were high. And even IF that scenario was that she had the keys initially and he took them from her (hence the confusion in his story), it could have been that she was threatening to leave him and he was genuinely fearful of that. Who knows.

Did anyone else notice that, or is it all a reach?

Another simple note: At 49:51, was the officer indicating that she was on the phone with her parents? So perhaps they knew about this DV incident on 8/12 prior to the disappearance? I had assumed they found out when it all came out publicly. But maybe they did know in advance, and maybe his parents did, too. Unsure if that could play any role, but I somehow made myself believe that this was news to them, too, (of course the footage is new to everyone, but they could have known before that there was trouble in paradise). Still, GP’s mom indicated that she didn’t want people to take that event too seriously (I think from press conference, can’t find previous link in thread about GP mom downplaying that as just a simple argument when they got on each other’s nerves).

Just MOO and ideas about those clips.

Last edited:
A thought, a theory:
Did BL kill, or was he an accomplish in the killing, of Kylen Schulte & Crystal Beck the night between August 12 and 13 in Moab when he and Gabby was separated by police and he was brought to a hotel in Moab ?
The problem with this theory is that Schulte and Beck were seen alive the night of the 13th and were likely murdered late the night of the 13th or early on the 14th before they failed to show up for work. At that time Laundrie and Petito were back together and 25 miles or so north in the Arches

Gabby Petito disappearance: Protesters carry signs to home of Brian Laundrie urging him to speak with police

Protesters gathered on Thursday at the Florida home of Brian Laundrie, who has retained a lawyer and refused to cooperate with authorities after Gabby Petito disappeared on the couple's cross-country road trip late last month, according to police.

Other protesters chanted outside the home, "Where's Gabby?"

Another protest is being planned at the home, which belongs to Laundrie's parents, on Friday evening.
Protesters carried signs, such as, "TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT! #Justiceforgabby," "North Port Loves Gabby," and "WOULD SHE BRING YOU HOME?"

Pretty confrontational. Hope it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member