Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

A Few Reminders from the Wild Ride of the last several days:

-Discussion of Dog the Bounty Hunter and his involvement as it relates to the search for Gabby is permitted. Discussion of Dog as an individual, his past, publicity and/or the generalities of him with regard to your personal opinions is not helpful in progressing the dialogue. In this regard posts will be considered “off topic

-The Twitter Account as presented by Chris McDonough: No longer approved

-Twitter of Dog’s Daughter in regards to Brians voice is approved as she is working the search with Dog.

Now for the Meat and Potatoes:
When the Admin or Mod Team approves something for discussion, it is simply that, “Approved for Discussion”. It is up to individual Posters to determine what they make of it and where they file it in their “yay or nay” list. Openly discussing differing points of view is helpful and what the forum is about.

Blatant arguing or responding to simply tell a poster “you are wrong” is not productive or permitted.
If you see an opinion from a different point of view, share why that is and with a link to support any statements of fact.

We are all adults here, let’s speak to one another in a civil manner. Imagine where the thread could go with more curiosity and less bickering and shut downs.

I know, quite a long opening post. Here is to fastening the seat belt.

Best,
Tiff

P.S. - IF you have a question regarding moderation or content approval, use the “report” link at the bottom of any post to reach a Mod or Admin privately without clogging up or disrupting the thread.

Due to excessive TOS violations the last several days, future violations in Gabby’s thread will result in an automatic 5 Day TO per the instruction of WS Owner, Tricia.

ADMIN NOTE:

Reminder from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

If you submit a tip to law enforcement, do NOT announce it or discuss it in any way on the threads. Doing so has the potential to undermine an investigation.

I'm not sure how you're able to make that determination.

Also, words and behavior can be misinterpreted. I've personally witnessed this a lot with law enforcement, and I'm seeing it in people's attempts to analyze what little we know about Brian.

I'm not suggesting that my understanding of him is correct. But as I've stated before, we interpret through a lens, and there isn't just one. There are differing perspectives, and even if someone is a respected professional, bias can be a problem.

It's my opinion that bias is skewing some of our understanding of Brian.

I said "seem" deliberately.

But in point of fact, he did not stumble over his words, struggle to make logical sense, etc., and that's what I was referring to. He did, factually, make sense, ask relevant questions, respond to questions with complete thoughts, etc.

I can't imagine why the FBI wouldn't follow up on any reasonable tip. I think BL's behavior at this point could be very erratic and unpredictable. I don't think he's operating with logic right now. He could be anywhere, even on a back road asking for directions. Imo

Maybe this idea has already been posted, I haven’t read through all the threads…
If I had a grown son with no job and a girlfriend living in my house, who liked camping, didn’t like shoes, and had emotional issues, I would immediately hide him inside my house. I would do that if my only focus was my dumdum son and not what anyone else is experiencing because of his actions.
I would make sure I could hide him quickly if LE showed up at any time, and preferably in his own room with all his smells already there if they brought search dogs.
In BL’s room there is a support column covered in Sheetrock, with a wood frame and hollow inside. It has plenty of room for him to stand inside of it for however long LE might be there, and easy to exit when they leave.
No new painting would be required if done carefully with a Sheetrock knife. I would take one hinge off of two doors in the house, use scrap leftover wood from the van project, and a wire to pull the hinged Sheetrock panel shut. The same could go for his built-in book cases, or the drop down in the ceiling for the air duct. There are lots of options in that house.
I would create diversions like leaving his car at a park long enough to get an abandoned vehicle sticker, and have him appear outside in the neighborhood so the neighbors can watch him leave. I might even charge a phone completely, leave it on, put it in a waterproof pouch and toss it in the swamp where his car is parked. I would make sure several people saw him leave the house and not come back. He would be back though, and I would have him climb out of the camper in the middle of the night, slide under the slightly opened garage door and walk into the house and stay there.
I would not risk my dumdum son getting shot by LE or by a crazy “vigilante”, or dying of hunger alone. I would lawyer up before he even got home and plan to point in every direction except my house. My possible theory is that he is hiding inside the house. It might be a stretch, but it seems more likely than dumdum, who can’t survive without mom and dad, being able to evade the general public and LE for a month.

I know someone said they posted a link to the Dennis Davis interview. I looked back several pages in the last thread & couldn’t find it (I’m sure I just missed it). But my question is did he do any on camera/recorded zoom interviews? I know about the NY Post article, but I was curious if there was an interview “on camera”?

ETA: I got the link. The video cuts off at a certain point. Wish I could hear what he said after it cuts off lol. But thanks everyone for the link :)

Last edited:
A few pages back some were inquiring about the orange paint at the crime scene being away from where the body was found. More than likely she was killed someplace other than where she was found. There may be a trail of evidence along the route when her body was possibly transported to a more secure location across the river. The killer may have tired while carrying her, placing her down for a bit. She may have trailed blood while she was being carried etc.
Jmo.

I would not risk my dumdum son getting shot by LE or by a crazy “vigilante”, or dying of hunger alone.

Yes, what you’re saying makes a certain amount of sense. It may in fact be more realistic to hide him at home than anywhere else.

On the other hand, I’d be terrified that at some point the FBI would come searching, and figure the whole thing out.

Last edited:
Maybe this idea has already been posted, I haven’t read through all the threads…
If I had a grown son with no job and a girlfriend living in my house, who liked camping, didn’t like shoes, and had emotional issues, I would immediately hide him inside my house. I would do that if my only focus was my dumdum son and not what anyone else is experiencing because of his actions.
I would make sure I could hide him quickly if LE showed up at any time, and preferably in his own room with all his smells already there if they brought search dogs.
In BL’s room there is a support column covered in Sheetrock, with a wood frame and hollow inside. It has plenty of room for him to stand inside of it for however long LE might be there, and easy to exit when they leave.
No new painting would be required if done carefully with a Sheetrock knife. I would take one hinge off of two doors in the house, use scrap leftover wood from the van project, and a wire to pull the hinged Sheetrock panel shut. The same could go for his built-in book cases, or the drop down in the ceiling for the air duct. There are lots of options in that house.
I would create diversions like leaving his car at a park long enough to get an abandoned vehicle sticker, and have him appear outside in the neighborhood so the neighbors can watch him leave. I might even charge a phone completely, leave it on, put it in a waterproof pouch and toss it in the swamp where his car is parked. I would make sure several people saw him leave the house and not come back. He would be back though, and I would have him climb out of the camper in the middle of the night, slide under the slightly opened garage door and walk into the house and stay there.
I would not risk my dumdum son getting shot by LE or by a crazy “vigilante”, or dying of hunger alone. I would lawyer up before he even got home and plan to point in every direction except my house. My possible theory is that he is hiding inside the house. It might be a stretch, but it seems more likely than dumdum, who can’t survive without mom and dad, being able to evade the general public and LE for a month.
I can beyond a shadow of a doubt say that I would not. I suppose since some would, it might be prudent to check it out (if they haven't already done a thorough inspection). I suspect they have. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie