Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION:
For anyone who follows the "van life" uploads.
Anything similar as well. Is it common for animals, mainly dogs, to accompany people/couples/groups who have this lifestyle?
I see homeless men at the highway exits with dogs asking for food/$.
I have always wondered is it for company or to pull on people's heartstrings.
Gabby just seemed like she'd have a dog on the trek, if she could.
I am firm believer in a dog's ability to judge someone.
I also firmly believe that BL would never allow her to have one.
It would take time and attention away from him.
MOO

Also: I could see where having a pet in tow could really slow you down and complicate matters in the road- so that's why I asked.

Last edited:
We may never learn the answers to a lot of things in this case. Right now, the focus is to find BL. He is key to a lot of the answers to our questions. If he is not found, or if he is found dead, unless his parents talk, we aren’t going to learn much. FBI might not even give out the details of how Gabby died. Gabby’s parents will likely sue the Laundries in civil court which has more leeway in terms of finding someone guilty and that might result in some information. But the Laundries might not know much and some of what they know may be forever protected and sealed. Attorney -Client confidentiality will keep out anything they told the lawyer.

Did he have Gabby’s credit card before he killed her? I wonder…

I wonder as well. But, I’m guessing with the current warrant out for him for unlawful use of credit cards…no.

jmo

someone reminded me that GP’s dad ordered her the pizza at the SLC hotel on the 21st. So, currently, the only confirmation out there is that GP was at the hotel from the 21st to the 24th. There is no confirmation she was there the 17th.

there is no confirmation of either GP or BL’s whereabouts after BL was dropped off at the Moab hotel on August 12 until GP’s dad ordered her a pizza at the SLC hotel on the 21st.

So…no sightings and no one knows where they were between August 12 (ca. 6pm) and August 21. 9 days….Correct?

I question whether BL ever flew home at all. I don’t think he did and this is seriously just my opinion. No sightings at an airport, on a plane or in FL between the 17th and the 23rd when this supposed trip took place.

moo.

I thought neighbors did possibly put BL in Florida in that time frame Im checking for a link and verification now...

about the time in the slc hotel: I think it was not a break up, because the footage she posted of him during that time was quite loving. When I was her age and my friends and I broke up with our boyfriends, we deleted or defaced pictures of them. She was also creating their mutual website during that time, according to her dad. She was entwining their lives on social media,not cutting him out
Maybe he was the one breaking up, and not her?

I am seriously doubtful that this flying home to move stuff into/out of storage ever even happened.

AFAWK….

GP told her family that BL went back to FL and everyone is taking that as truth.

<snipped by me>

so. I’m firmly in the camp that BL did not return home ca. Aug 17-23rd-ish.

JMHO and MOO

I agree with you.
Do we know where the van was supposedly parked when Gabby was in the SLC hotel? Did Brian go off on his own? Has any media checked this out? Who paid for all of this since they complained of financial issues to the Moab PD? JMHO

I thought neighbors did possibly put BL in Florida in that time frame Im checking for a link and verification now...

thank you! That would answer a whole lotta questions for me and help me sleep at night!!

I have been thinking that if, God forbid, but if BL hurts someone while on the run could they be held legally responsible in any way? Jmo
Maybe, if it is a proven fact that they helped him AFTER he was declared a fugitive. jmo

So what's your theory of why she would have been at the hotel for 5 days, if you have one? I'm baffled!
IMO
He left her and took her keys when he went home. (If he even went home)
He drove the van, parked it at the airport and drove it back to where he left her from the airport.
***still not convinced he went home.
I believe it may have been a control tactic that he used in her to keep her "in line"
As if! He was the problem.
She was the best thing that was EVER gonna happen to him.
MOO

Last edited:
Gabby Petito Foundation 'up and running' to help parents bring 'their children home'

The Gabby Petito Foundation to help parents locate missing children officially went live Sunday evening.

"The Gabby Petito Foundation is up and running!" a Twitter account under the foundation's name tweeted Sunday. "We have a lot of work to do, website is just starting out so be patient with us, we will get there. Thank you for all the support and love! ‘She touched the world.'"
This bothers me. I guess you strike while the iron is hot, but I have a gut feeling that the last thing I would be doing 3/whatever weeks after my child was found dead in the wilderness would be creating some sort of legal entity. I just can't see myself doing that so soon, and I think I would probably tell anyone trying to convince me to sign on/approve to go take a flying leap. I'd still be crying or sedating myself to sleep every night, I think. People grieve differently, I guess.

Last edited:
I totally believe that the storage building story was concocted by the Laundries after the fact. MOO:
Mommy bought BL a ticket to fly home, BL was too furious at GP to let "it" go so he went back, killed her and took the van.
BL gets home, parents don't ask questions because they don't care what happened to GP.
Dad called the lawyer, who, (alledgedly MOO, crime is not his specialty unless it involves real estate, alledgedly MOO), says the neighbors need to see BL being a good boy with Mom and Dad in FL- far, far away from Utah. "Oh, and be sure to stall the cops! "
"No problem, we got this!" says good 'ole Mom and Pop. This ain't their first rodeo.;)
BL bikes with Mom and mows the lawn. ( Leave it to Beaver theme music wafts through the air.)
The whole family including sis helps BL disappear and here we are.

MOO
THIS!!!! I agree
and add a MOO.

Its the one thing I don't get, in a relationship and you are a 22-year-old guy do you really nonchalantly leave and come back for 4-5 days? Others here though have said it was a planned event and everyone concerned knew beforehand, however?
He was already unable or unwilling to control his anger at the restaurant. I have no idea what he was in a rage about that day or who made him so angry. Jmo

thank you! That would answer a whole lotta questions for me and help me sleep at night!!

Here's the blurb from the timeline thread here on WS...they certainly infer he was seen and he was at least in Florida ... still checking elsewhere cause Im not sure either

AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage (source - handwritten note by Gabbys uncle and interview with Mom dailymail)

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted by Gabby

AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats delivered to hotel

AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.

AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (dailymail interview with Mom)
(?Where was the van parked?)

but that post contained photos that were taken from a hike they had done several days prior. It was not a post about what they did that particular day.
Okay, so the date is correct when he posted it but the place tagged doesn't necessarily mean it's correct? It had to have been posted Aug 13th, but could've been from anywhere not necessarily Utah?

about the time in the slc hotel: I think it was not a break up, because the footage she posted of him during that time was quite loving. When I was her age and my friends and I broke up with our boyfriends, we deleted or defaced pictures of them. She was also creating their mutual website during that time, according to her dad. She was entwining their lives on social media,not cutting him out
That is called denial and hope. She could not continue the van life journey on her own. If she could, she would not have been holed up in a hotel in SLC hoping and waiting for BL to come back. She would have continued her van life journey on her own. But she couldn't. Not by herself. She needed somebody. She was hoping BL would come back and didn't make a move until he did. That's why her SM went quiet. She was waiting for BL to come back so she could venture forth. Yes, we cut people out when we are done. But Gabby was not done. Not done with her dreams of van life and not done with her dreams of BL doing it with her.

She was *hoping* this latest blow-up would blow over. BL would come back. The project could continue. No way would she publicly cut him out or disparage him openly on SM. She still thought she had a dream that could come true.

I wonder as well. But, I’m guessing with the current warrant out for him for unlawful use of credit cards…no.

jmo

Why not, though? Couldn’t he have used either her credit card or her cc number to buy a return ticket? And only discovered after her murder? We don’t know yet what he used her card for, right?

Its the one thing I don't get, in a relationship and you are a 22-year-old guy do you really nonchalantly leave and come back for 4-5 days? Others here though have said it was a planned event and everyone concerned knew beforehand, however?

Since we are throwing out scenario's for an event we don't know for sure even happened, I'll toss out this one.

GP/BL have always had a spirited relationship. He is flippant/dismissive a lot and she responds by getting physical with him. He, being bigger and can easily defend himself, just laughs it off. She gets upset and goes off to spend the night with her girlfriend. This repeats itself over the years of their relationship and they both are used to it. Even on the cross country car trip the year before they don't struggle because they stayed in hotels and took it easy.

But now they are in a highly confined space for weeks on end. She is frustrated trying to start a youtube channel which isn't easy. He's dismissive. She's even more physical with him. This spirals upward until he is responding with his own physicality and soon enough it spills out in public and they get the stop in Moab.

He's getting frustrated with their relationship and the whole trip and tells his parents about the stop and they convince him to end the relationship and come home. He agrees and does. She has the van but she doesn't want to go on without him, so she taps into the money set aside for the trip to spend on a weeks stay at a hotel. Maybe she plans to end the trip so the money doesn't matter. Or maybe she is stuck with the van after he leaves and she doesn't know what to do, so she gets the motel to figure it out. Maybe she spends the entire week messaging him to come back.

So after she convinces him that she will stop fighting with him or that things will be better, he decides to go back. They don't get better. He is miserable. She is miserable and they spiral out of control until one day, while trying to set up a photo shoot next to a beautiful creek, he kills her in a rage.

This bothers me. I guess you strike while the iron is hot, but I have a gut feeling that the last thing I would be doing 3/whatever weeks after my child was found dead in the wilderness would be creating some sort of lefal entity. I just can't see myself doing that do soon, and I think I would probably tell anyone trying to convince me to sign on/approve to go take a flying leap. I'd still be crying or seating myself to sleep every night, I think. People grieve differently, I guess.
A lot of advocates get their starts with tragedy. I hope it gains traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903