Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were out of money, Whose Capitol One Debit Card was stolen? Dads?

May have been answered but 'they' didn't steal anything, BL used a debit card belonging to a deceased person of over $1,000.00. Meaning Gabby's debit card was used after she died and obviously without permission on BL's part.

I am just at a loss now as to what to believe. I really believed the Davis sighting. However, now Dog is saying he doesn’t believe it and he has found a prior connection between BL and Davis!??? Whatttt?!

Wow, thanks for that. Personally, I am doubtful of the witness in NC. Brian probably has a phone like TracPhone that has internet.

MAYBE his parents helped him because Wyoming is a death penalty state. I dont think Brian did much planning except to get home. And when they all found out about DP, they decided best thing was for him to run. I think he will carry his guilt wherever he goes and just might decide to give up.

I am intrigued by this as well.

The following article includes this quote:
""Ms Keating said it was “strange” that nobody who was working that day had noticed the police officers attending the fight.

“I don’t know how we wouldn’t have known if the cops weren’t called outside our store. I’m guessing somebody was sitting outside of our store and I’m guessing that’s the person who saw them and called the police.”"

I haven't seen much about employees from Moonflower being interviewed about this day and one of their employees, who may or may not have been working at that time, was also found murdered shortly after. All strange. IMO

Moonflower Co-op worker speaks of eerie link between Gabby Petito and double murder
I believe it happened outside of Moonflower with the van parked in an adjacent parking lot. The 911 caller was not a customer. He was driving by and witnessed it. LISTEN: 911 caller describes Brian Laundrie slapping Gabby Petito in Moab weeks before disappearance | ABC4 Utah

The witness in the official police report was a second witness that Officer Pratt came upon when he decided to drive over there and see if there were any witnesses still around. READ IT: Police report from disturbance involving Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie

It can certainly be lucrative with a lot of hard work. Gabby really needed guidance in how to start that up. She was inexperienced but I imagine learning along the way.

It definitely not a money maker, not even close. But bless her heart she was trying.

I think that's where her idea of the trip and his diverged. She was getting content but not able to do it on a daily basis because of her traveling companion. I believe his idea of this trip was very different. He wanted to explore, hike, and just have the experience and Gabby wanted to capture it and at the same time getting online as quickly as possible.

I think it was stressful for Gabby because she wasn't getting anything done, again because of BL wanting to do something else.

Oh I wish I could have advised her on how to get it all started. While I have absolutely no idea how being a influencer works, I do have my computer science and business degree that would have helped her follow her dream.
I understand what you're saying, but if you're not out experiencing and getting footage, what will you have to produce? Her first posting included scenes from their trip to California the year before. Was that a sign she was short on content? I'm not criticizing her in any way...I just think it may explain her anxiety level--to stay and edit, or to go and get the photography from the locations they were there to explore.

I'm not sure how you're able to make that determination.
Also, words and behavior can be misinterpreted. I've personally witnessed this a lot with law enforcement, and I'm seeing it in people's attempts to analyze what little we know about Brian.
I'm not suggesting that my understanding of him is correct. But as I've stated before, we interpret through a lens, and there isn't just one. There are differing perspectives, and even if someone is a respected professional, bias can be a problem.
It's my opinion that bias is skewing some of our understanding of Brian.
The above post is from 2 threads back. I realize people have the right to their own opinions. What I am about to say is my opinion only. The lens I am looking at Brian through is the lens of the known facts and his own behaivior. In my opinion, Brian is a murderer, based on the following evidence:

1) Gabby's friend recalling Brian as jealous and controlling, without any friends of his own
2) Brian and Gabby went on a trip together where Gabby would have to spend time at her computer, establishing her social media presence and not paying 100% attention to the emotionally-needy Brian
3) the Moab police report of domestic violence and the related videos and witness reports
4) Brian arguing over and over (returning 4 times in the account I read) with the management of the The Merry Piglets restaurant in Jackson WY and Gabby not supporting him, but rather apologizing to the restaurant staff on behalf of Brian.
5) Brian inexplicably returning without Gabby in Gabby's van and stonewalling Gabby's parents attempts to locate her
6) Gabby's murdered body discovered very close to where their van was recorded on video as parked in the Spread Creek Disbursed Camping area,
7) witness reports of a strange-acting Brian hitchiking around the Spread Creek Campground area before and after Gabby's murder
8) the autopsy result on Gabby preliminarily classified as a homicide
9) an arrest warrant issued for Brian stealing the now deceased Gabby's money
10) Brian on the run from law enforcement

I don't think I am being biased when I say that I believe Brain murdered Gabby. He cut her life short, ruined his own life, likly ruined his parents life by placing them in legal jeopardy, as I believe they just may face real consequences for hiding Brian. I don't believe i am biased, just basing my comment and beliefs on evidence in this sad and discouraging case.

Brian: Please do the right thing and turn yourself in. Don't drag anymore people down into the darkness with you than you have already done.

I understand what you're saying, but if you're not out experiencing and getting footage, what will you have to produce? Her first posting included scenes from their trip to California the year before. Was that a sign she was short on content? I'm not criticizing her in any way...I just think it may explain her anxiety level--to stay and edit, or to go and get the photography from the locations they were there to explore.

If I'm looking at how this was all going, she should have been getting content during the actual trip and doing all the work involved in getting it uploaded after she came home.

It was sort of self defeating in that she wasn't enjoying the trip and instead she was stressing to get things done then and there as opposed to waiting until she was home and had the time to do the work.

I can actually understand why that would would have been frustrating for BL and led to many fights along the way. They weren't in sync at all. But no one should die as a result of wanting different things.

I believe it happened outside of Moonflower with the van parked in an adjacent parking lot. The 911 caller was not a customer. He was driving by and witnessed it. LISTEN: 911 caller describes Brian Laundrie slapping Gabby Petito in Moab weeks before disappearance | ABC4 Utah

The witness in the official police report was a second witness that Officer Pratt came upon when he decided to drive over there and see if there were any witnesses still around. READ IT: Police report from disturbance involving Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie
Oh I agree! I just wondered if there were any dynamics that preceded the formal incident that may give insight...hard to find any mention of it, which seems odd. 6 hours is a long time. MOO!
EBM: Spelling

Last edited:
I posed a question back on page 9 of this thread #51, but I don’t think it was ever answered because the thread is moving so fast.

QUESTION:
Has LE ever searched Brian’s sister CL’s house to see whether he’s hiding there? Have they questioned CL? What if BL’s been holed up at her place this entire time? It’s been confirmed that CL met up with her parents and BL at the Fort DeSoto campground on Sept 6-7th, right? BL could have left that campground with CL in her car, then the parents could have staged the diversion a few days later involving the Mustang at the Carlton Reserve and planted a few of his items out in the swamp to make it look like he went in there & committed suicide. MOO

Is anyone watching CL’s house or scanning it with a thermal scanner?

up until now I have not believed that any exotic planning went into BL's flight but what if he has a card or paypal under an LLC name and uses it to get food and lodging? the LLC could have a bank account. could be hard to trace. just an idea.

It's not though. I have three Paypal accounts, one is shared with the kid in college and one is for my business. The other is the same Paypal I've had since eBay first became a thing and Elon Musk was a random faceless geek. They are all legally connected to me and at present time it's really hard to get a digital banking account you can actually use without connecting it to your face and name. Even the crypto-currency is super easy for LE to track when purchased, your currency has to already be digital to buy digital currency. What you spend it on is a little harder to track, but not that much harder for the agencies that keep track of these things. I can go into a much longer explanation on digital and crypto-currency, but I'll leave it as: With proper advance planning and a high IQ, you could pull it off, but not this case, not this family.

I think he could be stashed away in someone's vacation rental, but he would most likely be squatting. His accounts are already being tracked, he committed fraud and that's really all the FBI needed to open up everything about his digital life. He could get away with a pre-paid debit card for some stuff, but they won't work for reservation systems like for hotels and VRBOs. All he can use is cash and you can't use cash without showing your big pointy ears. Unless his parents had the resources to buy him a new identity, he's stuck with cash until the cash runs out. Then he's left to his own wits and they weren't all that great to begin with. Honestly, I would focus the search in areas where he has spent time exploring in the past. He'll feel safer there and may have already been aware of shelter options.

ETA: Caught up a little and saw education discussion. I'm using IQ as what it measures, problem solving ability, education is irrelevant to IQ score and vice versa.

Last edited:
In the timeline posted here, there is a gap between July 30 and Aug 10. This appears to be a longer time than Gabby would normally go without posting. We can infer that they were in Utah, and I’m sure she had internet at some point. Has anyone uncovered where they were?
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

==================================
AUG 10: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his girlfriend then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.

AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour long of this incident. BL is taken to a hotel -
?Where does

There are tons of cases where LE knows exactly where someone is and waits to actually charge them with murder while they build their case. Days, weeks, months and year+...Happens frequently

The idea they know where he is while allocating millions of dollars as well as thousands of hours in manpower is asinine in my opinion.

Do you have examples with a source you can link of cases where someone has been named a POI in a missing persons case, has a federal warrant out for their arrest and they knew where they were?

I can't even look... what on earth kind of experience does this lawyer have?

My question is because the entire rules of engagement were changed after Waco and the Branch Davidians; to the point that a documentary film lensed upon the topic, in fact has "Rules of Engagement" as its subtitle.

Now, I admit I don't know how precisely this works if the bad actor is not posing a known danger to anyone else; but I do know that if the bad actor does/is, it's literally against FBI rules and regulations to sit on a location without going in and dragging the perp out.

Some of us recently (re)learned this when it had to be cast up to the top of our collective brains, with regards to Jayme Closs being kidnapped and held hostage by that appalling snail trail of a human being.

I wouldn't necessarily expect The Sun to know this (though research could teach them this); I would expect the Alabama attorney to know this.

LOL. IMOO about 10-15 years ago they really dumbed down admission standards. Getting into law school from that point forward is nowhere near the level of difficulty it was decades ago when you had to be at the absolute top of your class. MOO. I agree this statement from him is a real stretch. Does he not know that there is an existing indictment and warrant that was handed down and issued expressly for this purpose? MOO

I'm not sure how you're able to make that determination.
Also, words and behavior can be misinterpreted. I've personally witnessed this a lot with law enforcement, and I'm seeing it in people's attempts to analyze what little we know about Brian.
I'm not suggesting that my understanding of him is correct. But as I've stated before, we interpret through a lens, and there isn't just one. There are differing perspectives, and even if someone is a respected professional, bias can be a problem.
It's my opinion that bias is skewing some of our understanding of Brian.
The above post is from 2 threads back. I realize people have the right to their own opinions. What I am about to say is my opinion only. The lens I am looking at Brian through is the lens of the known facts and his own behaivior. In my opinion, Brian is a murderer, based on the following evidence:

1) Gabby's friend recalling Brian as jealous and controlling, without any friends of his own
2) Brian and Gabby went on a trip together where Gabby would have to spend time at her computer, establishing her social media presence and not paying 100% attention to the emotionally-needy Brian
3) the Moab police report of domestic violence and the related videos and witness reports
4) Brian arguing over and over (returning 4 times in the account I read) with the management of the The Merry Piglets restaurant in Jackson WY and Gabby not supporting him, but rather apologizing to the restaurant staff on behalf of Brian.
5) Brian inexplicably returning without Gabby in Gabby's van and stonewalling Gabby's parents attempts to locate her
6) Gabby's murdered body discovered very close to where their van was recorded on video as parked in the Spread Creek Disbursed Camping area,
7) witness reports of a strange-acting Brian hitchiking around the Spread Creek Campground area before and after Gabby's murder
8) the autopsy result on Gabby preliminarily classified as a homicide
9) an arrest warrant issued for Brian stealing the now deceased Gabby's money
10) Brian on the run from law enforcement

I don't think I am being biased when I say that I believe Brain murdered Gabby. He cut her life short, ruined his own life, likly ruined his parents life by placing them in legal jeopardy, as I believe they just may face real consequences for hiding Brian. I don't believe i am biased, just basing my comment and beliefs on evidence in this sad and discouraging case.

Brian: Please do the right thing and turn yourself in. Don't drag anymore people down into the darkness with you than you have already done.
Completely agree. I read this earlier and it explains the pattern of abuse to homicide.
Domestic abuse: Killers 'follow eight-stage pattern', study says

edit if he is an abuser the pattern seems to fit. Just want to add IMO.

I didn't realize the truck was described as newer. I'm rural and there are lots of trucks here. It always surprises me when I see a nice looking truck and learn it's from the early 2000s or older.

And even if it WAS described as older, I still don't quite connect how he would have gotten it. I'm not under the impression that the Laundries are the type to sit on tons of cash to be able to discreetly buy a vehicle. Also, he doesn't seem like he'd be a savvy vehicle thief. So that piece of this report just doesn't hang together for me. MOO

Looking at the flighttrader map, I find it interesting how they flew in the same area. Not sure why one would indicate "BLOCKED". Anyone know?

View attachment 315998View attachment 315999
What are blocked planes on Flightradar24?
"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; margin-top: -1px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">

Restricted aircraft

Operators of private or sensitive aircraft may request their tracking details be restricted or not displayed. Generally, aircraft requesting that they not be displayed on Flightradar24 are military aircraft. Some military aircraft, such as various transport aircraft, are visible.

As I read that, she's not saying Gabby and Brian weren't there, but that no one inside Moonflower knew about the fight or the police being involved. Which makes sense since the altercation was reported by someone driving by and a person who was across the street, and the police didn't pull them over until the van had gone some distance from Moonflower. jmo

I am intrigued by this as well.

The following article includes this quote:
""Ms Keating said it was “strange” that nobody who was working that day had noticed the police officers attending the fight.

“I don’t know how we wouldn’t have known if the cops weren’t called outside our store. I’m guessing somebody was sitting outside of our store and I’m guessing that’s the person who saw them and called the police.”"

I haven't seen much about employees from Moonflower being interviewed about this day and one of their employees, who may or may not have been working at that time, was also found murdered shortly after. All strange. IMO

Moonflower Co-op worker speaks of eerie link between Gabby Petito and double murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox