Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Reserve search was for finding missing items that may have been discarded! Personally, many years ago my family had a missing family member. We ALL remembered the last time we spoke with them and talked to them! It seems to me, the FBI had evidence the car wasn’t where the parents had told them so the Attorney says, “ confused! We gave wrong date!” I’m not buying this for a second!! His family knows, in my opinion, the exact time and date they saw and spoke with BL!

Why did his family hire an attorney from NY? I thought they are from FL?

What would be the outcome if it wasn’t juvie, but a diversion program as an adult? Or if someone pressed charges (e.g. for shoplifting) and the case was settled the day before the court date?

I'm not an attorney but in general, arrests and indictments are public records, not just convictions. Since he's an adult I can't think of any reason records could be kept secret unless there's something peculiar about Florida. A charge of shoplifting wouldn't be "settled" so far as I know...that doesn't sound like a civil matter. I suppose charges could be dropped or of course, a plea deal could be reached. But the docket comes out before that morning. Otherwise no one including lawyers would know when their cases are up.

JMO

Here's a recent alligator attack on an adult male in Florida:

Florida Diver Nearly Killed by Alligator

edited to add another source:
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...plays-frightening-moments-of-alligator-attack

that’s scary, we don’t have them here so I just looked it up. I guess I’m just hoping it hasn’t happened because I want him to be found. Certainly possible from that article and could explain why he’s not been found, surely the dogs would pick up his scent grrrr very confusing.

If I were a neighbor or the Ls, and was upset about the media camping out on the neighbors' property I would research the local municipal codes and regulations, which would likely preclude that activity for over x number of days. At that point I would file a complaint with code enforcement and have them cited. 'Them' being either the media folks or the property owners. .. or both.

With that said, I personally would prefer to collect the $$ per week. For that amount I afford a nice vacation somewhere else if it started to bother me.

I understand the idea of a "family attorney", someone who can help with estate planning, real estate transactions, business contracts and disputes, minor criminal and traffic offenses,

On the other hand, the Laundrie's attorney is based in New York. His website makes no mention of a Florida license. Florida tends to make it hard for out-of-state lawyers to get a Florida license, so I feel confident that if he had a Florida license, he would mention it on his website. He also makes no mention of dealing with federal courts. His criminal experience listed does no include homicide, so it is extremely unlikely he is death penalty certified.

Currently, BL is wanted on a Federal crime not occurring in NY or FL. He is a POI in a federal crime occurring in Wyoming.

I suspect he has advised his clients to obtain a federally experienced lawyer - that may be the reason for the Orlando trip by BL's parents.

I suspect the NY lawyers tweets and messages are public relations related, probably at the request of his clients. Possibly to give the impression of cooperating with LE while not actually doing so.

They could simply, after months on the road, have realized there were some things in storage they wanted and had room for on the rest of their trip that they’d left behind but now wanted. Supplies for the road trip.

There are also some ~things~ that can be used in a somewhat “therapeutic” senses for couples (though illegally and not classically therapeutic without guided therapy). There is research being done on these things, if you catch my drift. Maybe they felt their relationship needed a deep-dive connective experience and had some of these things stashed away in a storage locker. I certainly wouldn’t want my parents to ship that to me, either. I am not supporting or discounting that something like this, (not even necessarily this but to your point of “what could they not want shipped?) necessitated the visit to the storage locker.

I also think that retrieving something from the locker doesn’t take 5 full days (7 days including travel).
Was the 5 days a consecutive work week? He had to be there for exactly one whole work week?
What if e.g. he was shoplifting and a company/individual said they would take him to court, but instead he could work it off, do community work, paint lines on basketball courts, clean swimming pools….?

Wasn't the 21st the night her day had food Ubered to her? Why would she need to go out for gas station junk food. Also, if I recall correctly there was a power outage that day. You'd think if someone was retelling a sighting from that day it would have been mentioned , "The power had just came back on when she came in ..." or something like that
Yeah, I never thought that was Gabby because I don't think she would have bought instant noodles and donuts.

To be quite honest - I'm not holding a lot of worth about the Vlog/Blog. My reasoning? Well, when this case first broke, views of their SM were tiny and according to a previous post (or was it when I was watching Dr Phil), a father said GP had done a lot of prep for this adventure (like 12-18months). IMO if that was the case, there would have been more prep work on the SM side to promote their VAnLife before setting off ( for example vlogs on converting the van, getting ready, what they need to pack etc). To me, it does not indicate that this was going to be a serious money maker for them. There simply was not enough investment (in terms of time and creative content) to get the project off the ground.
He was sabotaging her work effort out of jealousy because he had to plans of his own. IMO

I think they were living VanLife on a dime vs the online persona. They both looked like they needed some healthy meals in the LE videos. JMO
Completely agree. Hence my comments in other posts that IMO they had little to no real money (maybe a couple thousand in the bank), and they relied a lot on credit. Not all ‘healthy eating’ people are this way, but from my experience in the Boston vegan assoc and some animal rights groups, raw foods, etc., I met my share of very nice but often poor and sometimes quite wacky people. Some who were always trying to get a business off the ground, but it’s tough.

Can I just say, when you turn up to a family gathering and someone is there without their partner, you don’t automatically think murder and sit down and interrogate them. We have the hindsight now to know that GP was killed, but on the 6th of September CL had literally no reason we know of to think any such thing.

BL had been home before on this trip during August, so it wasn’t that crazy that he was home again. If you look at her first interview with ABC, she started to say something about how he’d flown before and then stopped herself saying “that’s police stuff”. So it totally fits that she simply assumed he’d flown home again.

CL had kids with her and said nothing seemed out of the ordinary to her when she went to Fort De Soto. I also got the feeling she couldn’t talk about any “Where’s Gabby” questions when she was questioned by the protesters, since she followed right up with “everyone doesn’t need to know what the FBI knows” and said repeatedly throughout that a) she has told LE everything and b) there are things she can’t talk about. That means when she’s talking to the protesters she’s constantly assessing whether what she’s saying is ok and leaving certain things out which can make it look like she’s lying. The bottom line is, she can’t be as open as she seems (IMO) to want to be.

I just think it’s important to keep those things in mind when dissecting and analyzing everything she said. It’s also important to keep in mind that she said on the 10th? 11th?, the detective from Suffolk NY called her while she and her family were in Orlando on a Disney trip. They were at dinner and CL says she called her back and answered all of her questions. GP’s parents would know if that was true or not. It’s even possible this is how they learned or confirmed for sure that Brian was home… without Gabby. Which would be the most horrifying realization. Ugh.

I just don’t think she’s lying at this point. I have a vastly different and rather negative view of the parents behavior throughout this, and I’m just not getting that same feeling from CL.

All MOO of course

I tend to agree that I don't think CL is lying, but after I listened to Brian Entin's interview with ex-FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer, who has been in LE for almost 30 years, I am reconsidering my opinion on what CL is now saying. I don't think she is lying per se, but their are possibly very significant omissions, and not all that are necessarily related to what she has told LE and FBI.

I find it interesting that the ex-FBI agent believes that they should offer CL immunity and get her to tell more of what she knows, and that this could have a significant impact on breaking BL's parents and getting more information from them. I'm not sure what they could give CL immunity from, unless they really are certain she could be charged with aiding and abetting, or something similar.

Someone posted this interviw with Brian Entin (NewsNation) and ex-FBI agent earlier, I will see if I can locate the link.

She also said it is possible that the parents are communicating with BL through their attorney, and not directly. Interesting proposition.

Was the 5 days a consecutive work week? He had to be there for exactly one whole work week?
What if e.g. he was shoplifting and a company/individual said they would take him to court, but instead he could work it off, do community work, paint lines on basketball courts, clean swimming pools….?
He flew home on a Tuesday 8/17 and back to SLC on Mon 8/23

Wed 8/18-Sun 8/22 were full non travel days that he was home

I'm not too sure - as I don't really want to get into how either of them feels (I do not know them, so how could i know?). However, my guess is abandonment wouldn't really be an issue (unless both were under some kind of threat). Gabby was in the hotel for a week when Brian was in Florida, and she managed then. On the road, unless in an isolated spot, there are always ways of making contact with those that can help. The younger generation always seem to be melded to their phones - so my thinking is, if they still have their phone, they cannot be abandoned. IMO.
Right, if she still had her phone. I def can see him taking it away before he jumps in the van and drives away. Even if to mess with her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288