Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. This what keeps making me wonder if they got involved with the wrong people. It's like there was something in that storage unit that they needed, yet couldn't trust anyone else to collect and send to them.
They could simply, after months on the road, have realized there were some things in storage they wanted and had room for on the rest of their trip that they’d left behind but now wanted. Supplies for the road trip.

There are also some ~things~ that can be used in a somewhat “therapeutic” senses for couples (though illegally and not classically therapeutic without guided therapy). There is research being done on these things, if you catch my drift. Maybe they felt their relationship needed a deep-dive connective experience and had some of these things stashed away in a storage locker. I certainly wouldn’t want my parents to ship that to me, either. I am not supporting or discounting that something like this, (not even necessarily this but to your point of “what could they not want shipped?) necessitated the visit to the storage locker.

I also think that retrieving something from the locker doesn’t take 5 full days (7 days including travel). It was likely only a portion of his trip home that was devoted to that.

Unless he picked something up during that trip and brought it back to SLC with him, and that something became involved in her death, I don’t think that the trip is necessarily related to what happened to Gabby a week after he retuned. However, the mystery of the odd timeline surrounding the 2 weeks between the Moab DV stop and her death, including this trip, is what makes it speculative that it’s related in some way. I just don’t see how it’s related unless her COD relates to something he retrieved from the locker (weapon, toxicology, etc).

Last edited:
Well, I’m glad you brought that up. I’ve been wondering for awhile now, if, while Gabby was alone, she might have met up with some friendly people. Gabby seems so approachable and easy to talk to. People are naturally attracted to her. Perhaps one of those friendly people was a male. Brian returns and sees them together…

The Perkins restaurant is attached to the hotel and supplies morning breakfast to the Fairfield Inn guests.

A cashier at Perkins restaurant told DailyMail.com that she saw Gabby in the hotel lobby around August 24.

Justina Suazo, 49, said, 'I distinctly remember her because I commented to my co-worker how cut she was. I saw her in the lobby and she appeared to be just a normal guest.'

When showed a picture of Brian Laundrie, she said, 'I never saw him at the hotel.'

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'

The cashier pointed out that the Salt Lake City FBI headquarters is across the street from the convenience store, also within a few hundred feet of the Fairfield Inn. 'Their vehicle would have had to pass by the FBI cameras outside of the building pointing toward the street on several occasions.'
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Wasn't the 21st the night her dad had food Ubered to her? Why would she need to go out for gas station junk food. Also, if I recall correctly there was a power outage that day. You'd think if someone was retelling a sighting from that day it would have been mentioned , "The power had just came back on when she came in ..." or something like that

Last edited:
I just read a similar article out of curiosity (we don’t have them wild in the UK that I’m aware of) so I was wondering if BL could potentially have been eaten as much of a gross thought that is. It can happen but apparently they prefer smaller prey unless they’re really hungry. All interesting indeed, however the more I read the less I think so. JMO
Yeah I think it’s highly unlikely. He’s on the run and enjoying the attention IMO.

The storage locker.

Everyone has been asking how it makes sense to pay for a plane ticket and a hotel room for BL to fly down to clean out a storage locker, which is a very valid question.

My question, though, if there was room in the house for the stuff, why didn't they clean out the storage locker before they left for the trip? They had been planning this trip for over a year. Why spend the money for the storage locker in July and August (and probably June too) during a time in which they had no income? What changed to open up a less expensive option sometime in mid-August?

Thank you. With places like Moab and Salt Lake we are talking about modern U.S. towns and cities - it's not like waking up in the trunk of a car in Afghanistan. No matter how "emotionally" abandoned someone might feel, rescue from physical abandonment, was close at hand in those places.

On the other hand, we do have mention of the website/vlog being a point of contention. If anyone had fear of abandonment, it could have been BL. What if GP was talking to successful content creators and they said that BL's attitude was holding her back? She had five days in SLC - what if someone offered a level of support and encouragement that led to realize there is "life" beyond BL? Seems like it wouldn't take long for that to boil over.
To be quite honest - I'm not holding a lot of worth about the Vlog/Blog. My reasoning? Well, when this case first broke, views of their SM were tiny and according to a previous post (or was it when I was watching Dr Phil), a father said GP had done a lot of prep for this adventure (like 12-18months). IMO if that was the case, there would have been more prep work on the SM side to promote their VAnLife before setting off ( for example vlogs on converting the van, getting ready, what they need to pack etc). To me, it does not indicate that this was going to be a serious money maker for them. There simply was not enough investment (in terms of time and creative content) to get the project off the ground.

Good Morning All.

“Steven P. Bertolino, the Long Island lawyer who has been issuing statements on behalf of the Laundrie family, released this explanation to FOX 5 News on Tuesday: "Brian flew home to Tampa from SLC on 08/17 and returned to SLC on 08/23 to rejoin Gabby. To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses. Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.” (This is from the same Fox link above)
snipped by me for ease and space

Good points!

Okay this statement that is BBM.
what items??? what did you possibly forget to pack in June, that you desperately need in august , that you can find in no other place but florida?
As others have said: zero logic..fly home to close storage space, to save money. I am venturing a guess that the cost of the flight was more than the storage unit.

I would love if someone could investigate this whole storage thing. It has always perplexed me.

Last I wonder if the time away that GP realized that she was actually okay without BL, maybe got some strength and clarity, and he was not having it.

JMO all of the abovve.

you might be onto something…if it’s a case that is currently being tried it would not be public because there has not been a conviction. However if he has been convicted of any other crimes, that would be public if he was over 18.
What if he did a plea deal to a diversion program? And spent those few days, e.g., at anger management classes?
What if the case was settled the day before court?
What if he had a hearing on expungement?

I apologise if this has been asked before in previous threads.

Would a gator eat EVERYTHING? Would it all be digested? I'm talking bones, clothes, anything else you may be carrying ( your phone? ) - surely something would be left behind?

I really do not believe that he went to the reserve & even thought the attorney is now stating he was last seen on the 13th, I feel he left earlier than this.

His parents do not come across as people who are concerned for their son ( or anyone else for that matter! ) Maybe because they know he is holed up somewhere safe. Maybe they really do not care. I think I posted yesterday & post was lost with server upgrade. I can see either one or both of the parents having narcissistic tenancies, with CL being the family scapegoat & BL the golden child... and the apple really didn't fall far from the tree with him! JMO MOO
I would think that if he went into that reserve and had help from his parents, he would have a gun to take care of any gators. I just don't understand their end plan. Would he live in the reserve, dodging LE for the rest of his life? Did anyone think this through?

I'm a former journalist. There's absolutely no reason for him or any other members of the media to be there anymore. Nothing is going to happen at the house. The real news is happening elsewhere with the search. And there isn't anything newsworthy on that front at the moment.
While I think the protestors can go back from whence they came, I have no problem whatsoever with the fact that the Laundries are effectively trapped inside their house. I want them to have to think about Gabby and her family every time they look outside.
MOO

Did anyone besides the lawyer "verify" the trip 17th -23rd? Did Cassie verify it?

Brian Laundrie: At least a dozen sightings reported in North Carolina, says Haywood county sheriff’s office (msn.com)

At least a dozen such tips and calls from the area have been received by the police since Thursday, said a spokeswoman for the Haywood County Sheriff’s Office.

I think there is a prankster at work there, IMHO.
Haywood County backs up to the Cherokee Reservation. Federal or local authorities have NO jurisdiction on the reservation. Could this be an optimum place to hide?

NC DOA : Map of NC Tribal Communities
Moo...

Last edited:
Regarding the storage locker, I feel like that was not the WHOLE reason for the trip back, just the reason that has been given to the public. It could have been a brief breakup, a parentally enforced separation, a medical appointment, any number of things that they do not want or need to state publicly. But one afternoon during that trip back, he cleared out a storage locker and that's fairly innocuous so that becomes the public reason for the trip back. MOO

Edited to add - I don't think it ultimately matters why he came back. Everyone seems to agree that he did. It's just one more piece of the timeline.

This is purely speculation and probably way off base but I have a thought that when BL flew home in August he confided in his parents that things were headed downhill between him and Gabby. He did not want to resume the cross country trip. His parents pressured him to do "the right thing" and help her complete the trip. They feel a sense of responsibility for having done that and that (among other reasons) is why they are supporting BL so wholeheartedly. Just a thought.

The only thing that makes sense of any of this to me is that BL had a legal action that required his presence at a certain day or time.
Maybe an attorney knows…. If BL had a court deal that a criminal record would be expunged, would a court event still be on the docket (in which case his court activity wouldn’t have entirely disappeared from the record)?
I’m asking if “expunged” means you don’t have any record at all of someone being in the court system?
This would presumably mean there would be no court record for media to find.
What if it was juvenile court action from when BL was a teen?
CL starts to blurt out what the trip back home was for, but says the FBI has that info, and it’s not necessary to go into it. Seems to me, if it were about moving stuff, there would be no problem saying so in just a few words. That would be a very innocent explanation. BL seems to have had some kind of “problem” before?
Expunged charges are just that. They are entirely removed. There is still a sealed record but are not available to to public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member