Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Fox 13 Chopper/Heli footage & todays search in the swamp:

They're following the Power Line Trail. I see numerous LE vehicles and a large white van with a pale blue awning / canopy parked on the bridge that goes over the Big Slough Canal. There's a black & orange buggy that's going back and forth between another group of LE vehicles and the large white van with the awning / canopy.
I'm attaching a map marking the Power Line Trail, the swamp location of where LE is on the bridge, location of the white van w/ awning and where they are in reference to the Laundrie house.
It's quite close imo.
That is pretty darn close! Although I just cannot imagine that he could possibly sneak back even once a week to pick up supplies with all the media camped out, possible surveillance in the area, etc. And they certainly can't drive anywhere and drop off a box without being spotted, even if they were to order MRE meals from amazon. I wonder if someone reported a break-in and they're thinking it could have been him looking for food.

That is pretty darn close! Although I just cannot imagine that he could possibly sneak back even once a week to pick up supplies with all the media camped out, possible surveillance in the area, etc. And they certainly can't drive anywhere and drop off a box without being spotted, even if they were to order MRE meals from amazon. I wonder if someone reported a break-in and they're thinking it could have been him looking for food.

Doesn't the Laundrie back fence face into open space, though? Does anyone know? The cinder blocks...

I think Cassie has been sternly warned by the FBI not to speak publicly about whatever story Brian told her as it may jeopardize any future trial, when her story and his will be used as comparison evidence. They don’t want Brian tailoring his story around whatever he told Cassie. If she says what he told her, this could taint the evidence and she won’t be called to the witness stand. The authorities want to keep Brian in the dark about who said what (just like they’re doing with the cause of death) until they hear HIS story first hand and what evidence they can use to contradict his story. I feel Cassie at least is not so much protecting Brian as she is possible future evidence, as she had been instructed to do.

Hmmm. Cassie needs to be able to defend herself. She has rights too. That was how I saw what she did only.

Last edited:
ALL MOO:

1. Agree there is no public facing evidence that it was at his hands. But there is a boatload of public facing circumstantial evidence. The direct evidence isn't going to be sent in a memo to us at Webslueths. They're not telling anyone anything unless it is absolutely necessary during an on-going criminal investigation.

2. They aren't releasing COD because they don't have him custody and not revealing that they know COD can be useful in interrogation to assess his veracity among other things.

3. They are not releasing GP bc they are hoping they find him soon and if they find him, they may very well expect that the defense will come calling to conduct its own independent autopsy.

4. He returned to Gabby days before GP's death. We know this from last published sightings on 8/27 at Merry Piglets.

5. There were leaks of his travels home where he ultimately arrived on 9/1. Leaks that went dead and so were not widely reported on MSM and so cannot be reported here. Remember there are all sorts of cameras, license plates readers, toll transponders, etc, at so many locations (gas stations, highways, etc).

All MOO. Not fact.

All good points. And maybe COD might not be black and white.

Um - I thought it was established that this picture was not Brians bedroom and was taken from when the property was last listed for sale. Or am I incorrect?
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...o-Ave_North-Port_FL_34287_M53524-94857#photo7

I thought that as well and then someone mentioned that years ago the Ls put the house up for sale and then took it off of the market. If they took that particular photo for that listing, it could be his actual room with his belongings. Confusing for sure. IMO.

I think the Laundries knew it was rocky. Unless RD is lying, Gabby occasionally left for her house for a night or two, when they were fighting. No matter how many engagements a couple announces, parents who live with said couple know a *lot* about their relationship. The picture we saw yesterday:
Sleuths think Gabby Petito may be holding GUN in photo as cops hunt fiancé
shows a single bed. Did Gabby have her own room? Or...actually no room at all?
SBM: This photo is at least several years old and was obtained from a real estate listing, IIRC. It is no indication of what BL's bedroom looked like while Gabby was living there.

Regarding the Fox 13 Chopper/Heli footage & todays search in the swamp:

They're following the Power Line Trail. I see numerous LE vehicles and a large white van with a pale blue awning / canopy parked on the bridge that goes over the Big Slough Canal. There's a black & orange buggy that's going back and forth between another group of LE vehicles and the large white van with the awning / canopy.
I'm attaching a map marking the Power Line Trail, the swamp location of where LE is on the bridge, location of the white van w/ awning and where they are in reference to the Laundrie house.
It's quite close imo.

So, from a forensic point of view, it's possible that earlier, they were out there with coprology dogs and urine sniffing dogs. Collected hundreds and hundreds of samples. Took them to the lab, found Brian's DNA in some of them. So they know he was in a certain area and something about how long he was there...

I think the Laundries knew it was rocky. Unless RD is lying, Gabby occasionally left for her house for a night or two, when they were fighting. No matter how many engagements a couple announces, parents who live with said couple know a *lot* about their relationship. The picture we saw yesterday:

shows a single bed. Did Gabby have her own room? Or...actually no room at all? Since she had lived with them for 2 years, was this last move (not too long before the Van Life started - and they left from NY)...was this move an attempt to push Gabby out? It's not easy to evict someone, whether they pay rent or not, from their residence, even if their legal residence is somewhere else. Maybe the Laundries were tired of this "engaged couple" living with them? It sure looks like a room occupied by a lone male (as does his other earlier room shown so extensively on Insta, which he apparently occupied until rather recently - I'd have to check the dates).

Anyway, the Laundries had been in this place maybe 3 months, and I see no feminine touches or a comfortable place in Brian's room for Gabby.

That's a big red flag that the parents may not have wanted the couple living indefinitely in their house. Like all couples, surely they had their problems and fought sometimes, but as a parent of adult children, I simply did not want that couple living in my own house. They needed to grow up and go see if they could work it out together (not on the road, though!)

But it looks like the parents provided Brian with a cozy little room. If my theory is true, then Brian's desire to live the Van Life is connected to wanting to be with Gabby in face of his parents saying, "Look, we want a retirement lifestyle, we want our house to ourselves, you can stay if you pay some rent, but Gabby needs to find her own place." Gabby takes the money she's saved up for a potential apartment and invests it in Brian's idea of Van Life.

But I think the Laundries may have known about the issues (just like the high school friends did), and may not have liked Gabby that well. Parents have this habit of blaming their kids' partner instead of their kid. Here on this WS thread, there have been several posters writing about how much they secretly despise their kid's partner, and are relieved/delighted when there's a break up (or even a demise). I doubt that the Laundries absolutely hated Gabby, but perhaps they felt she was drawing Brian out of his comfort zone. They knew, in a way. that she did not, that he could be very difficult and they thought he was best off not having a serious relationship...maybe

So Brian goes home to FL, but then realizes he wants "his" van back. He thinks of it as his regardless of the registration and people here have also said, well he has "sweat equity" in it; they were engaged, it's obvious it was "community property," etc. So he flies to get it, Gabby pleads with him to at least try again, until Yellowstone, she'll be good, won't be so "OCD" and off they go, patching things up as they have done so many times before. I don't think Brian was capable of breaking up with her (for many reasons), but I don't think Gabby was capable of managing him on the road, the way his parents would have tried to do. And Gabby didn't want to break up.

All good points but I thought that bedroom photo was from many years ago when the house was on the market? Like 2017? We know Gabby lived in Wilmington NC until 2019 according to published reports. Gabby Petito once lived in Wilmington; friends share memories - WWAY TV

JMO

One of the mods, I believe SillyBilly, said it best... This is the court of public opinion, not a court of law. We're under no obligation to consider him innocent until proven guilty. <modsnip>

If it's a court of public opinion then we should be able to share our thoughts and alternative theories on this case too, yet for whatever reason, straying from the narrative that "Brian is a murderer" seems to be frowned upon.

MOO

I can't quote from the last thread but someone asked me about the federal warrant that was executed on the Laundrie's house and how it didn't include a drone.

The only warrant that was released was the FL search warrant for the electronic device that was found in the van before the FBI took over the investigation.

We have not seen the FBI warrant that covered the search of the house so we don't know what was in it. They could have multiple warrants including for tracking, electronic surveillance, etc. I doubt the FBI will release the warrant(s) or the list of items that were taken unless it is required to be released in discovery during the case (if and when BL is captured).
@Alethea
If you go back to thread #43 post #965, I brought up the first mention of the drone and also posts right after that mentioning the valuable info the drone contains.

Thora_Jay said:
I was just looking at my drone that is sitting on my coffee table, I used it last night that is where I plopped it down lol.
Gabby’s drone must have been still in the van so they will be checking the sd card, the internal memory that is built in, plus the controller. All of those with that drone have a wealth of info.
It is illegal to fly a drone in a National Forest unless you have a permit.
Maybe they used the drone in the Teton Reserve without a permit and there is something on the footage maybe

Also thread #44post # 9

Thora_Jay said:
Hi there Cedar Sherwood!
Thank you so very much for your compliment, you made my day!
Yes even the information stored in the controller has a ton of info.
Longitude and latitude home address, time and date, email address you used for that when it was installed on your phone or tablet app. Also any credit card info used with the app. Even if the sd card was taken out, the internal memory and the controller has everything.

It even shows the longitude and latitude where you first took it out of the box and set it up

No make sure you remember all this in case you have a drone sitting around that you want to sell on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist or anything like that….do not sell it!!

shows a single bed. Did Gabby have her own room? Or...actually no room at all? Since she had lived with them for 2 years, was this last move (not too long before the Van Life started - and they left from NY)...was this move an attempt to push Gabby out? It's not easy to evict someone, whether they pay rent or not, from their residence, even if their legal residence is somewhere else. Maybe the Laundries were tired of this "engaged couple" living with them? It sure looks like a room occupied by a lone male (as does his other earlier room shown so extensively on Insta, which he apparently occupied until rather recently - I'd have to check the dates).

Anyway, the Laundries had been in this place maybe 3 months, and I see no feminine touches or a comfortable place in Brian's room for Gabby.

That's a big red flag that the parents may not have wanted the couple living indefinitely in their house. Like all couples, surely they had their problems and fought sometimes, but as a parent of adult children, I simply did not want that couple living in my own house. They needed to grow up and go see if they could work it out together (not on the road, though!)

But it looks like the parents provided Brian with a cozy little room. If my theory is true, then Brian's desire to live the Van Life is connected to wanting to be with Gabby in face of his parents saying, "Look, we want a retirement lifestyle, we want our house to ourselves, you can stay if you pay some rent, but Gabby needs to find her own place." Gabby takes the money she's saved up for a potential apartment and invests it in Brian's idea of Van Life.

But I think the Laundries may have known about the issues (just like the high school friends did), and may not have liked Gabby that well. Parents have this habit of blaming their kids' partner instead of their kid. Here on this WS thread, there have been several posters writing about how much they secretly despise their kid's partner, and are relieved/delighted when there's a break up (or even a demise). I doubt that the Laundries absolutely hated Gabby, but perhaps they felt she was drawing Brian out of his comfort zone. They knew, in a way. that she did not, that he could be very difficult and they thought he was best off not having a serious relationship...maybe

So Brian goes home to FL, but then realizes he wants "his" van back. He thinks of it as his regardless of the registration and people here have also said, well he has "sweat equity" in it; they were engaged, it's obvious it was "community property," etc. So he flies to get it, Gabby pleads with him to at least try again, until Yellowstone, she'll be good, won't be so "OCD" and off they go, patching things up as they have done so many times before. I don't think Brian was capable of breaking up with her (for many reasons), but I don't think Gabby was capable of managing him on the road, the way his parents would have tried to do. And Gabby didn't want to break up.

I don't think she had her own room unless they took away their office off the kitchen and den and gave her that as her bedroom. From the 13 photos (scroll down for those) here taken from a 2017 listing this is a 3 bed/2 bath home. Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

BL's room was at the back of the home with outside access, evidenced by the sliding glass door blinds in the pics of his room and the sun room.

And, CL and her DH stated in her interview with the protestors that they lived at Wabasso with them for a year. So, CL and her family lived in the home with GP and BL before CL and family purchased their new home and before the Laundrie parents moved in. MOO

Did anyone catch what Cassie's husband said about GP and BL living with them (Cassie and family) before the parents moved to Florida? I got the impression GP and BL may have lived with them longer than with the parents, but I could be wrong.

The room in photo is from a listing in 2017 when it was put on the market by the Laundries and taken off. I don't think GP was living in Florida until a couple of years ago.

I think it was determined that it was from a previous listing before GP and BL were a thing. It probably means nothing in the big picture of things regarding her being welcome or accommodated in the house.
Respectfully, I disagree. I was responding to a post that was based on this picture and assertions were made because of it. If the picture is not of B's room, then those assertions/thoughts are incorrect.

I've yet to hear of any case where a Found Not Guilty POI was travelling alone with the victim, fled with a vehicle owned by the victim using the victim's money to travel, and then did another runner. I'm willing to be proven wrong. If he's innocent, I'll eat my hat.
Absolutely. I have never seen an innocent person behave this way, and I can't fathom I ever well.

Everything this guy has done shows consciousness of guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member